Pocket 3 - Image blurry
12Next >
1665 56 3-5 02:20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tofik
lvl.1

Poland

Hello everyone. Have you noticed that the image from the Pocket 3 camera is partially blurry? In my case, the left part is blurry and no settings help.
Maybe an update will fix it?
3-5 02:20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Tofik. Thank you for reaching out. Have you checked if the lens is dirty? Can you please provide original photos/videos showing the issue? Also, please provide the firmware version of your Pocket 3. Please upload the files to Google Drive or DropBox for further checking. Thank you for your cooperation.
3-5 03:48
Use props
Tofik
lvl.1

Poland

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-5 03:48
Hi, Tofik. Thank you for reaching out. Have you checked if the lens is dirty? Can you please provide original photos/videos showing the issue? Also, please provide the firmware version of your Pocket 3. Please upload the files to Google Drive or DropBox for further checking. Thank you for your cooperation.

The left part of the screen is blurry, e.g. figures, chandelier, paintings and many others. On the right side it is more expressive and sharp.
I have this on many other videos. Why isn't it sharp across the entire screen?
the lens is clean
When you stop the image you can see it better and even more during the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOWdHtukFD0
3-6 09:45
Use props
Tofik
lvl.1

Poland

Latest update and the same
3-7 04:39
Use props
snoopx
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Maybe my eyes aren't what they used to be but the video looks fine to me. Ask a friend if they see any blurriness anywhere or if the video looks ok.
3-8 19:19
Use props
KlimaPic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 360115 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Do you have set to continuously focus or single focus? Is it only in Lowlight or also outside in a light area?
3-9 04:27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Tofik Posted at 3-6 09:45
The left part of the screen is blurry, e.g. figures, chandelier, paintings and many others. On the right side it is more expressive and sharp.
I have this on many other videos. Why isn't it sharp across the entire screen?
the lens is clean

Thank you for the link, Tofik. However can you please upload the original files to Google Drive or DropBox?
3-9 07:30
Use props
mannaja
lvl.2
South Korea

DJI_20240310153931_0089_D.MP4_20240310_230638.235.jpg
DJI_20240310152630_0085_D.MP4_20240310_225932.003.jpg

I also felt the same phenomenon.
I'd like to know if it's a software problem, a hardware problem, or a phenomenon that can just appear.
In the first picture, the people and the building on the left are blurred, and the people and the building on the right are clear.
Even in the second picture, the detail on the left is much worse than on the right.
Usually, the left side is blurry, and the center and right side are clearly felt.

3-10 03:49
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

snoopx Posted at 3-8 19:19
Maybe my eyes aren't what they used to be but the video looks fine to me. Ask a friend if they see any blurriness anywhere or if the video looks ok.

I think it's mainly the depth of field and focusing on closer objects at times.
3-10 06:29
Use props
djiuser_fts4Ny5PnTI1
New

Poland

Exactly.
The left part of the image is less clear and this applies to distant objects, the most visible.
I've noticed this with other people in videos as well.
I suspect that this is a manufacturing defect of this device, if it can be fixed in software, it would be nice.

3-11 07:05
Use props
Gunay
lvl.2

Turkey

I have the same problem. The left part of the images is blurry. It's been like this since I bought the camera. It wasn't fixed with the last update either. Is it a hardware or software problem?
I shared a video I shot in the link below. In the video, the left side is blurry, but when you touch the left part of the screen at the 10th second, it focuses, and this time the right part becomes slightly blurred.
3-23 13:30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Gunay Posted at 3-23 13:30
I have the same problem. The left part of the images is blurry. It's been like this since I bought the camera. It wasn't fixed with the last update either. Is it a hardware or software problem?
I shared a video I shot in the link below. In the video, the left side is blurry, but when you touch the left part of the screen at the 10th second, it focuses, and this time the right part becomes slightly blurred.

Hi, Gunay. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please try reposting the link? Thank you very much.
3-23 20:37
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Gunay Posted at 3-23 13:30

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble. Please attach the link to the video showing the issue so we can check it further. We will wait for your response. Thank you for your cooperation.
3-23 21:17
Use props
Gunay
lvl.2

Turkey

I think it doesn't allow me to share links because I'm a new member.
3-23 23:52
Use props
djiuser_c9N2zxsnj66o
lvl.2

Poland

What kind of forum is this that new users do not have permission to publish the film?

copy it and paste it on YT - there is a video there and look at the top, the left part is behind the fog. Pocket 3 is a manufacturing defect, please fix it programmatically.
copy the text and paste on YT

DJI OSMO POCKET 3 - przetestowałem go na Japońskiej prowincji cz.1 Ujęcia prosto z kamery !
3-24 00:01
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_c9N2zxsnj66o Posted at 3-24 00:01
What kind of forum is this that new users do not have permission to publish the film?

Hi. You can try uploading the video to YouTube or any file-sharing site like Google Drive and then post the link. Thank you very much for your patience.
3-24 00:06
Use props
Gunay
lvl.2

Turkey

I'm trying to overcome the message and point restriction.
3-24 00:58
Use props
Gunay
lvl.2

Turkey

It still won't let me share the link. I shared 3 videos on Youtube. If you search for "Günay Kozan" you will find it.
3-24 02:05
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Gunay Posted at 3-24 02:05
It still won't let me share the link. I shared 3 videos on Youtube. If you search for "Günay Kozan" you will find it.

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble. Please send us the link via PM so we can check it further. Thank you for your understanding.
3-24 03:35
Use props
Gunay
lvl.2

Turkey

3-24 05:41
Use props
djiuser_c9N2zxsnj66o
lvl.2

Poland

You can see in your films that the left part of the film is blurred and I have the same problem. Trees and buildings are less sharp, only from the center of the frame to the right side the film is sharp.
I've also noticed this problem in other people's videos.

add: /
https:/youtu.be/Jv-VhPrj_AE?t=414

the camera is still

3-24 09:31
Use props
Gunay
lvl.2

Turkey

djiuser_c9N2zxsnj66o Posted at 3-24 09:31
You can see in your films that the left part of the film is blurred and I have the same problem. Trees and buildings are less sharp, only from the center of the frame to the right side the film is sharp.
I've also noticed this problem in other people's videos.

Yes, others have this problem too, but not everyone. My guess is that a certain series has this problem. I think it is a hardware problem and I am considering returning it to the place I purchased it from or replacing it with a new one.

Below, I have included the image I took with the DJI OP3, which is the display product in the store, and the image I took with my OP3. The OP3 in the store looks fine.

OP3 in the store: The left part of the image is clear.

My OP3: The left part of the image is blurry.

3-24 10:00
Use props
djiuser_c9N2zxsnj66o
lvl.2

Poland

It would be good if DJI spoke on this topic and told us whether the update would fix the errors or whether we should replace the equipment.
3-24 18:01
Use props
mannaja
lvl.2
South Korea

DJI Tony Posted at 3-23 20:37
Hi, Gunay. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please try reposting the link? Thank you very much.

Hello, I'm experiencing the same problem.
The same phenomenon appears regardless of resolution and sharpness, noise reduction settings.
It seems that some action is needed to correct or supplement the phenomenon.
Please refer to my YouTube video.

https://youtu.be/ym-lY0Zzmvs

I don't know if this helps. The Pocket 3 I'm currently using is a replacement once. This issue didn't occur with my Pocket 3 that I used for the first time.
3-25 01:04
Use props
Gunay
lvl.2

Turkey

djiuser_c9N2zxsnj66o Posted at 3-24 18:01
It would be good if DJI spoke on this topic and told us whether the update would fix the errors or whether we should replace the equipment.

Yes, they can at least tell you whether this problem is hardware related or can be fixed with an update. Let's know what to do in this situation. It's been 20 days since this topic was opened.

In the first video, when you touch the left part of OP3's screen at the 10th second, it focuses on that area.

Links to sample videos:
Link1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKJbmEBWzVQ
Link2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3Ql9TvM-24
Link3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdsPwbxXIOw

3-25 02:42
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mannaja Posted at 3-25 01:04
The same phenomenon appears regardless of resolution and sharpness, noise reduction settings.

Hi. Thank you very much for reaching out. I have already forwarded your sample to the relevant team to check. I will be back swiftly with an update. I appreciate your patience.
3-25 03:12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Gunay Posted at 3-25 02:42
Yes, they can at least tell you whether this problem is hardware related or can be fixed with an update. Let's know what to do in this situation. It's been 20 days since this topic was opened.

In the first video, when you touch the left part of OP3's screen at the 10th second, it focuses on that area.

Hello there, Gunay. Sorry about the trouble. I have submitted your samples to the relevant team to check. I will be back with an update. Thank you for your patience.
3-25 03:13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mannaja Posted at 3-25 01:04

Hi there. Thank you for patiently waiting. This is what I got after submitting Gunay and your concerns to the relevant team:
1. The peripheral resolution of an extremely small-sized wide-angle lens will be slightly lower than that of the center, and the degree of peripheral degradation will also vary. This phenomenon is limited by the current technological level of small-lens wide-angle modules in the industry. This phenomenon also occurs in wide-angle modules of various mobile phones. Although the peripheral analysis values are lower than the center, the analysis of the material sent back is within the normal range, so please feel free to use it.
2. In addition, if the material is shot while moving, blur will also occur when the shutter speed is low. It is recommended to manually set a high shutter speed and ISO in fast-moving scenes.
3. Since Osmo Pocket 3 uses a 1-inch large aperture lens, the depth of field is shallow, and the blurring and dispersion effects caused by different object distances when shooting at close range are relatively strong. Please ensure that the object distance is the same to compare the imaging analysis results.
Please keep us posted if you have further concerns, we are more than glad to help.
3-27 03:09
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Gunay Posted at 3-25 02:42

In the first video, when you touch the left part of OP3's screen at the 10th second, it focuses on that area.

Hi, Gunay. Thank you for patiently waiting. I just got an update from the relevant team. Please kindly check my post above on reply 28#. Have a great day ahead.
3-27 03:11
Use props
Karl53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 290689 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The reason is that the lens was not precisely centred during production.
This is not uncommon, even with other manufacturers
3-27 04:34
Use props
mannaja
lvl.2
South Korea

DJI Tony Posted at 3-27 03:09
Hi there. Thank you for patiently waiting. This is what I got after submitting Gunay and your concerns to the relevant team:
1. The peripheral resolution of an extremely small-sized wide-angle lens will be slightly lower than that of the center, and the degree of peripheral degradation will also vary. This phenomenon is limited by the current technological level of small-lens wide-angle modules in the industry. This phenomenon also occurs in wide-angle modules of various mobile phones. Although the peripheral analysis values are lower than the center, the analysis of the material sent back is within the normal range, so please feel free to use it.
2. In addition, if the material is shot while moving, blur will also occur when the shutter speed is low. It is recommended to manually set a high shutter speed and ISO in fast-moving scenes.

Thank you always for your quick and kind response.
However, my questions have not been sufficiently resolved, so I would like to ask you a new inquiry along with the video below.

https://youtu.be/TiNQmGdOrH4

1. I thought there was a possibility that there was something wrong with the initial focus setting of DJI Pocket 3. Because when I used it in general, I set the focus setting to "continuous", and I never had a direct touch reset.

2. So, as above, I tried to shoot with DJI Pocket 3 by listing the same characters in the grid at the same interval in the monitor.

3. The video above
1) Power ON
2) Adjusting the location of the shot
3) Reset focus manually during recording
It was recorded through this process. Mimo App was used to prevent shaking.
In other words, the first few seconds of the recording follow the initial focus setting after it is turned on.

4. what has been confirmed by experiment
- Regardless of the distance to the subject, the left side is initially recorded blurred.
- This phenomenon can be improved by manual focus reset.
- This "blurring" phenomenon is different from the "distortion" phenomenon that typically occurs in ultra-small wide-angle lenses.

Even when I started DJI Pocket 3 and started shooting right away without any separate manipulation, I was pretty surprised that there was a blur on the left.
However, this issue is close to a software issue, and it was thought that improvement would be sufficient through firmware updates.

Thank you so much for continuing to communicate with interest in this issue. Please review this issue and suggest an improvement plan.
3-27 06:29
Use props
djiuser_c9N2zxsnj66o
lvl.2

Poland

It seems to me that there is a lack of proper calibration here. I can see the difference between users and their Pocket 3 cameras. Some users have sharp image/video on the entire screen, while others have blurry image/video on the left side. DJI should adjust the optical path and calibrate it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Nevertheless, I am waiting for an update that will eliminate this error and software adjustments will be possible. Thank you.
3-27 07:39
Use props
Gunay
lvl.2

Turkey

DJI Tony Posted at 3-27 03:11
Hi, Gunay. Thank you for patiently waiting. I just got an update from the relevant team. Please kindly check my post above on reply 28#. Have a great day ahead.

Thanks for be interested. Your answers do nothing more than gloss over the problem. If what you say is true, why don't all OP3's have this problem? Above is the example where I compare my OP3 with the OP3 in the store. The two do not give the same result.

Is it possible to fix this problem with software? At least answer this.
3-27 12:08
Use props
Gunay
lvl.2

Turkey

This problem has been like this since the first video I took when I bought the camera.

I added a link to a new video I shot today for the relevant DJI team to understand better.

In the video, autofocus is active until the 10th second and the left part of the image is blurred (Note the buildings on the far left of the image). At the 10th second, I touch the left side of the screen (manual focus) and as you can see, it focuses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvnb1X3zWus
3-27 12:30
Use props
djiuser_c9N2zxsnj66o
lvl.2

Poland

I have the same problem, but I won't press the point on the left side every time to adjust the focus to. Using the camera like that makes no sense. If DJI won't be able to fix it in software, I'll want to replace it with a defect-free camera.

DJI please reply because your explanations do not solve the problem
Will we be able to count on a software solution?
3-27 17:41
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

You need smaller sensor camera if you want everything in focus. These are light physics not something to "fix".
3-27 21:37
Use props
djiuser_c9N2zxsnj66o
lvl.2

Poland

Aavis Posted at 3-27 21:37
You need smaller sensor camera if you want everything in focus. These are light physics not something to "fix".

So why do some Pocket 3 users not have this problem and others do? how do you explain it?
3-27 22:50
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

djiuser_c9N2zxsnj66o Posted at 3-27 22:50
So why do some Pocket 3 users not have this problem and others do? how do you explain it?

These here are only what I have seen and they have sold these thousands.

Use warranty if it looks like that there is an issue with the lens. Firmware fixes only software and it cannot do anything to lens blur.

Open Service ticket and use the warranty. I did that already once and got working device.
3-27 23:25
Use props
djiuser_c9N2zxsnj66o
lvl.2

Poland

Let DJI address this situation so that I don't send the camera and they send it back to me and say it's within the norm.
3-27 23:36
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

djiuser_c9N2zxsnj66o Posted at 3-27 23:36
Let DJI address this situation so that I don't send the camera and they send it back to me and say it's within the norm.

Every single RMA with DJI they sent me another product. They never sent me my original back.

I sent them Pocket 2 back they did not even think of it when package was delivered they instantly posted a new one. Anyways I don't believe this happens to all problems.

If your device is not what you wanted you have 14 days refund. You know customer rights. During that time no matter what manufacturer device I try to test all kind of defects because during that time you can use DOA if it broken.

I checked that more clearly and I think you have some problem with left side of the lens. The camera is so cheap it is miracle if there are no defect products.

If some others has the same left side too it gives a feeling that there was something in the production line.

Take a photos / videos of the wall that there are no any depth difference. Do this from the different distances. 1 - 15 meters. If you find left side is blur then it is defect lens. And keep the camera in place like tripod that it wont move. What are your results?
3-28 00:03
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules