Vision sensor scratched.
281 11 3-5 22:11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MATHURIA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35456 ft

India

Hi Team,I recently crashed my DJI mini 4 pro and got a minor scratch over front vision sensor screen as shown in attached image.

Please suggest how can I know if its impacting the performance ?

Thanks in advance !!
IMG_0824.png
3-5 22:11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Mathuria. It will affect obstacle sensing. We suggest sending the drone back to DJI for repair to ensure flight safety. However, according to India's Import Policy, drones are 'prohibited' except for R&D and defense use. There are no DJI Authorized Retail Stores in India to sell drones and aftersales repair service cannot be provided. Hope for your understanding and patience.
3-5 23:39
Use props
MATHURIA
lvl.1

India

Hi,
Sending for repair to US seems to be expensive & troublesome .  

Can you suggest some pre-checks via some kinda software OR any other means so that I can self-verify if it's affecting the performance.

Hope you have a solution for this.

Thanks
3-6 00:02
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

The simplest thing is to buy a block of lenses and replace it yourself, it’s not difficult. Now you can turn off obstacle detection and fly.
3-6 00:14
Use props
MATHURIA
lvl.1

India

Serg SSA Posted at 3-6 00:14
The simplest thing is to buy a block of lenses and replace it yourself, it’s not difficult. Now you can turn off obstacle detection and fly.

Hi Serg SSA,
Relaxed to hear about such simplified solutions.

Can you please suggest the part number and authentic source where to buy them.

Also, I would be grateful if you can share a video link of how to replace them.

Thanks
3-6 00:22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MATHURIA Posted at 3-6 00:02
Hi,
Sending for repair to US seems to be expensive & troublesome .  

Hi. An error will pop up in the app if the aircraft is malfunctioning. If there is a problem with the vision sensor, the aircraft will calibrate it automatically. I suggest contacting your local dealer for further assistance. Please let us know if the dealer is not available. Thank you for your patience.
3-6 00:23
Use props
MATHURIA
lvl.1

India

DJI Tony Posted at 3-6 00:23
Hi. An error will pop up in the app if the aircraft is malfunctioning. If there is a problem with the vision sensor, the aircraft will calibrate it automatically. I suggest contacting your local dealer for further assistance. Please let us know if the dealer is not available. Thank you for your patience.

Ok that's helpful.

I will check for that & revert is see some errors.

Thanks
3-6 00:37
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

MATHURIA Posted at 3-6 00:22
Hi Serg SSA,
Relaxed to hear about such simplified solutions.

You must understand that you will do everything at your own risk and will lose your warranty.
If you do not have experience, it is better to take it to a workshop for repairs.
Parts can be ordered here for example https://aliexpress.ru/item/10050 ... s.10.4e5cdd063py15l
Video about disassembling the drone
3-6 03:24
Use props
Mavic57Minis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You could look through that obstacle sensing camera and see how it affects the vision. You can look through the obstacle sensors by tapping on the bottom right of the map view on the fly app.
3-8 07:17
Use props
MATHURIA
lvl.1

India

Mavic57Minis Posted at 3-8 07:17
You could look through that obstacle sensing camera and see how it affects the vision. You can look through the obstacle sensors by tapping on the bottom right of the map view on the fly app.

Hi,
Wow that's interesting. You mean I can see what a vision sensor is seeing?

Currently I hope this can be only done for the main camera. But if you have a clue how to access it by the way you proposed by clicking on bottom right side of map view, please share a video or photo so that I can try that way.

Coz I am unable to access the way you explained.
3-9 00:59
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

MATHURIA Posted at 3-9 00:59
Hi,
Wow that's interesting. You mean I can see what a vision sensor is seeing?

This is only possible with the latest firmware, check if you have it installed. Yes, you will see a black and white image from the sensors, but this will not give you information about how the images will be interpreted by the drone during flight. But it will be interesting to watch) I would recommend replacing the sensor in any case.
3-9 02:11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MATHURIA Posted at 3-6 00:37
Ok that's helpful.

I will check for that & revert is see some errors.

Alright. Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
3-10 02:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules