remote controller cannot read microSD card inside the drone - pls...
195 10 3-6 09:32
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SwatiNG
lvl.1

United States

Hi All,
I have a Samsung 64 GB EVO Plus - speed 3 micro SD card. (About 6 of them, hence want these to work)
I can read, and format(ExFAT) each of them on my Macbook.

However, when I insert it inside my drone's microSD card slot, my drone does not detect it.
It stores data in its internal storage.

If I open the remote controller to format the SD card from drone settings - I see SD card selection is disabled as it cannot understand/read that the card is actually inside the drone. Please advise. Attaching pictures.

Card_1.jpg
controller_1.jpg
controller_2.jpg
3-6 09:32
Use props
SwatiNG
lvl.1

United States

it gives an option to format  drone internal storage
3-6 09:33
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, may I ask what's the model of your drone? Have you tested with another SD card to see if it works?
3-7 00:26
Use props
SwatiNG
lvl.1

United States

Dji Air 2S
3-7 06:22
Use props
SwatiNG
lvl.1

United States

No I did not try any other card. As I had 6 of this brand and configuration, want they work. As there are also listed in DJI accepted list of cards.
3-7 06:22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

SwatiNG Posted at 3-7 06:22
No I did not try any other card. As I had 6 of this brand and configuration, want they work. As there are also listed in DJI accepted list of cards.

Could you please test a SD card in the recommended SD card list below to see if it works? https://www.dji.com/air-2s/specs
3-8 03:25
Use props
SwatiNG
lvl.1

United States

Same issue with SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB V30 A2 microSDXC

Why is controller or drone not able to detect or read the card inserted inside the drone

3-9 21:46
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

SwatiNG Posted at 3-9 21:46
Same issue with SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB V30 A2 microSDXC

Why is controller or drone not able to detect or read the card inserted inside the drone

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by your usage. You can try using a card reader to confirm if your storage card is functioning properly. If it still cannot be read even after confirming that the storage card is working fine, I suggest you send it back to us for a comprehensive inspection. Please visit https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
Thank you
3-10 01:57
Use props
SwatiNG
lvl.1

United States

Will do. Thanks
3-11 06:01
Use props
SwatiNG
lvl.1

United States

Hi All,
I got it working,
I was inserting the micro SD card and then closing the flap. My remote controller could not detect the card.
Then I saw the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNoOixU0yVg
That is, after inserting the SD card. We need to manually push the card into the slot. just closing the flap is not enough.
In fact, this time I even left the flap open, and yet my card was very well detected, and read by the controller.

So note - after inserting the micro SD card into the slot, manually push it all the way!!!

Thank you for all the responses.
3-11 22:07
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SwatiNG Posted at 3-11 22:07
Hi All,
I got it working,
I was inserting the micro SD card and then closing the flap. My remote controller could not detect the card.

Hi, there. We are glad your problem has been resolved. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.
3-11 23:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules