DJI Mini 3 Pro | Crash
491 11 3-6 16:00
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyNow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1551033 ft
Canada

Last month, I had a tumble with my drone. I'm wondering why it crashed heres the video + flight log data. Any help would be much appericated.

Flight Log | Phantom Help
3-6 16:00
Use props
FlyNow
lvl.4
Canada

Or explanation. Thanks!
3-6 16:00
Use props
A_Drone_Pilot
lvl.1

New Zealand

i need you controller info too
3-6 16:30
Use props
FlyNow
lvl.4
Canada

A_Drone_Pilot Posted at 3-6 16:30
i need you controller info too

The flight log displays the controller sticks positions during flight on the right.
3-6 16:40
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, FlyNow. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to read about what happened. Since the drone crash, we recommend sending it in for proper diagnosis. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). Should you want to have a data analysis, you may request it as well but please note that there might be a fee depending on the warranty of the device. Hopefully, other users can provide you with the information that you need.
3-6 19:16
Use props
FlyNow
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-6 19:16
Hi, FlyNow. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to read about what happened. Since the drone crash, we recommend sending it in for proper diagnosis. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). Should you want to have a data analysis, you may request it as well but please note that there might be a fee depending on the warranty of the device. Hopefully, other users can provide you with the information that you need.

Thanks, no major damage. Just a prop replacement, wondering based on the info I shared if someone may know the cause. You’ll notice the shadow just before the crash maybe a clue for reference.
3-6 20:14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You brought the drone down close to the lake surface, flying in Sport Mode, which is very risky.
After you release the throttle, the drone continues descending for a short time before levelling out.
You may have relied on the screen height which can be inaccurate over the duration of a flight.
The wideangle lens of your camera gives a false impression of safety because it makes things appear further away than they actually are.
Your VPS height is accurate and shows the drone descending fast in the last few seconds, after you pulled the throttle down.
In the last 4 seconds the drone descended from 20 ft above the lake to 0.6 ft.
Then the drone catches the snow and rolls sideways.

In short you were not watching how close the drone was to the lake and flew it in.
Flying in Sport Mode that close to any obstacle is always risky and just asking for trouble

3-6 20:28
Use props
FlyNow
lvl.4
Canada

Labroides Posted at 3-6 20:28
You brought the drone down close to the lake surface, flying in Sport Mode, which is very risky.
After you release the throttle, the drone continues descending for a short time before levelling out.
You may have relied on the screen height which can be inaccurate over the duration of a flight.

Ya eh, I found it odd when it levelled out. It caught some air and had risen, then quickly proceeded to descend even though my sticks indicated the opposite. Maybe an air draft from the decent or too quick of a shift in direction.
3-6 21:22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

FlyNow Posted at 3-6 20:14
Thanks, no major damage. Just a prop replacement, wondering based on the info I shared if someone may know the cause. You’ll notice the shadow just before the crash maybe a clue for reference.

No worries, FlyNow. If ever you encounter any error afterward, please use the link above. Have a safe flight!
3-9 07:34
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lesson learned. Nice footage though.
3-19 23:36
Use props
FlyNow
lvl.4