DJI Mini Pro 4 DNG File Processing Issues.
845 2 3-9 06:22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bmacri
lvl.1
United States

Hey Y'all,

Figured I'd throw this one out into thw world and see if anyone is having similar issues. Just bought a Mini 4 Pro and have been testing image quality over the past few days. I typically use Capture One to process all my raw files so I figured I'd do the same with the .dng's from the drone. These files seem to have some insane amount of vignetting and color shifts going on, despite the WB being set to a fixed value as well as using the meter to average out my exposure. I then decided to run the dngs through PS Camera Raw instead and they look completely different... no vignette at all, much more natural color renders. I've been using C1 for a long time and have never seen it process a raw file so differently from PS. Anyone have any experience here or insight into why this issue is happening with C1? Maybe something to do with the DNG format?

I'm including two images here so can see the difference. Its pretty significant. These are the same image, the first one opened in C1 and the second opened in PS Camera Raw. Both straight out of camera with no edits applied. That C1 file is nasty! I honestly thought it was the lack of quality in drone camera and got real upseet when i first opened up some files. Let me know what you think friends.

DNG processed through PS CR

DNG processed through PS CR

DNG processed through C1

DNG processed through C1
3-9 06:22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Capture one was really slow adding support for DJI cameras,   might be worth raising it in the Capture One forum as currently they dont list any DJI products as supported in their camera list - https://support.captureone.com/h ... rted-by-Capture-One
3-10 07:14
Use props
Cream17
lvl.1
Flight distance : 458445 ft
United Kingdom

I used to use Capture One and have since moved to DXO PL7 which processes DNG for the Mini 4 Pro.  I suspect the C1 RAW is unprocessed where PS is applying some post processing
4-16 04:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules