Ground station simulation mode - bird crashes!
1163 1 2015-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tyler
New

United States

I have a Phantom 2 with a gopro mounted to a zenmuse H3 3D with the LK24BT, using the iPad groud station.  I have been trying to troubleshoot a waypoint problem - on 2 out of the 4 waypoints, on two diffferent paths (and two different areas), the bird won't point at the heading I've indicated for it to hover.  HOWEVER

Since I've been running and re-running these in simulation mode hoping it's a user error, the simulator will crash the bird while it is turning - not all of the time.  A few times, it has actually overturned the bird in simulation mode and slammed it into the ground.  Other times, again while turning, it will drop 50' in the air (which if happened in reality would slam into trees).  It seems to go all out nuts when it is trying to stop and turn.

I'm now afraid to fly the drone.  Does the iPad really simulate these things - as in is it testing all of the components of the drone?  Is this indicating some sort of a problem?

I have re-updated all of the firmware.  Other than this constant problem of the drone not pointing in the right direction at some wayppoints, I haven't seen any real problems.  The drone has crashed before but I have flown it many times since repairing.

Is the simulator diagnosing something or just a fluke in the software?  How can I diagnose this as a problem, if there is one?

Thank you,

Tyler
2015-9-11
Use props
tyler
New

United States

Update: to be safe I replaced a suspect ESC and tried the simulation mode again.  Same problem occurred.  I then rebooted the ipad (not just the app) and all seemed to work.  However when I shut off the drone before shutting down the ground receiver and the ipad, the ipad sent the bird into a crash.  I'm guessing it was some connection issue.

Also as I have not seen this issue brought up or addressed, I fixed the heading issue by changing the heading numbers slightly from round numbers.  0 degrees and 270 degrees were giving me issues, so one is set at 357 and 271.  How it will hover pointing in the correct direction, at least in simulation mode (which it wasn't earlier).  This was changed after the reboot above so I think the issues are not related.
2015-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules