PLEASE let us use the right dial on the rc2 for manual focus!!!
411 8 3-12 10:55
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_WvFTVR4ITDrk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34583 ft
Germany

PLEASE let us use the right dial on the rc2 for manual focus!!!
It would be utterly perfect. You could even add a focus smoothing function like the gimbal and yaw functions already have, if you're feeling fancy.

As it stands, on my mini4 I have the right dial set to do nothing, since the other functios are useless to me.

Please can we get the option to use the right dial for manual focus?
If not, kindly state why.
3-12 10:55
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

Zooming is useless?  I can understand doing all enlargment on post but focus?  It has a fixed what...f1.7 lens? Nearly everything is in focus all the time unless you are flying a foot away from a leaf you are photographing. I rarely zoom when doing video or even taking pics as I do that in post too but I do often zoom in just to be able to see something closer up.  To each their own but I would never use the wheel for focus...and think that's why they didn't provide that function.
3-12 16:59
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

2#
Zooming is useless?  I can understand doing all enlargment on post but focus?  It has a fixed what...f1.7 lens? Nearly everything is in focus all the time unless you are flying a foot away from a leaf you are photographing. I rarely zoom when doing video or even taking pics as I do that in post too but I do often zoom in just to be able to see something closer up.  To each their own but I would never use the wheel for focus...and think that's why they didn't provide that function.
3-12 17:00
Use props
kerenski
lvl.1
Germany

digibud Posted at 3-12 16:59

Zoom on the dial is indeed useless to me on the mini4 seeing as it is only digital, so is "switching focal length", along with the other settings. on a mavic it's a different matter.

no i do not find that a fixed f1.7 gives a terribly huge focus field, especially when flying indoors or close to complex structures. also using both sticks at the same time as the screen to focus is pretty much impossible, using the dial instead would be perfect.

edit: to clarify, zoom sure has its uses
but i would never use it within a recording on the mini4
if i wanna look at something in detail i can just hover and pinch the screen, i do not need to waste the dial on zoom here, is what i mean,
same goes for changing shutter speed or iso, i'm fine doing that via screen. so, to me in my situation these are useless functions. not overall and in any case.

i just think some smooth focus pulls could look neat in places is all.

3-12 17:55
Use props
kerenski
lvl.1
Germany

For a real world example:

you are orbiting a clock tower at close range. you spiral backwards and upwards to reveal the building it is connected to.
at this point you are using both sticks on all axes, along with the left dial. using the screen to focus at this point is kind of impossible without a third hand.
autofocus does not handle the situation well, often doing jarring jumps between layers.
using the right dial to focus here would just feel right imho.

or just doing a slow orbit around a foreground object, smoothly pulling the focus into the background via screen is nearly impossible to do while using both sticks.

3-12 18:46
Use props
kerenski
lvl.1
Germany

seeing as manual focus already functions on a linear scale, i would assume binding that value to be manipulated via the right dial should not be too work-intensive. also implementing the already existing smoothing feature into it would mostly be a matter of copy pasting i imagine.

correct me if i'm wrong please, dear dji folks
3-12 19:05
Use props
kerenski
lvl.1
Germany

to be totally honest:

i don't need smoothing on it
i don't even need to be able to set sensitivity

but pretty puh-lease, with sugar on top:

just having the bare-bones option of "pull manual focus" to be bound to the right dial would make me one friggin happy customer!
3-12 19:24
Use props
kerenski
lvl.1
Germany

I refuse to believe I'm the only one who'd find this useful!
3-17 14:52
Use props
kerenski
lvl.1
Germany

bump
4-5 06:32
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules