Dji Osmo Action 4 Webcam and charging at the same time
705 4 3-17 18:44
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TomDji
New

Thailand

Hi

I recently purchased the Osmo action 4 and I want to use it as a webcam (on my iPad Air 5 iOS 17). Can I use a USB-C splitter in the action 4 port to allow for webcam mode and charging simultaneously?  
My other option is to connect wirelessly and also charge. I only have my iPad (and Iphon 12) as I am travelling. I also have the dji app on both devices.
Thank you for your support.
Tom
3-17 18:44
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, when Osmo Aciton 4 works as a webcam, it can be connected to a computer(macOS platform) using the USB-C cable to transfer data. At this point, the computer will charge Osmo Aciton 4.
3-17 23:33
Use props
TomDji
New

Thailand

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-17 23:33
Hi there, when Osmo Aciton 4 works as a webcam, it can be connected to a computer(macOS platform) using the USB-C cable to transfer data. At this point, the computer will charge Osmo Aciton 4.

Thank you, that is helpful. Perhaps it’s only charges on a laptop and not from the iPad. I’ll keep looking for new ways
3-18 03:58
Use props
TomDji
New

Thailand

I was using my apple usb c cable and when I switched to the original it allowed for charging and webcam. However when I use an adapter to allow for the iPad to also be charged, I loose the function of the webcam
3-18 23:41
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

TomDji Posted at 3-18 23:41
I was using my apple usb c cable and when I switched to the original it allowed for charging and webcam. However when I use an adapter to allow for the iPad to also be charged, I loose the function of the webcam

Hi there, you can check if your adapter supports UVC protocol, Webcam is supported through the UVC protocol of the USB interface.
3-19 06:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules