Magnetic Catch Stick - bad idea?
188 5 3-18 09:02
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hazern
lvl.1

Canada

I have 3d printed some landing gear for my new SE (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5179546).  To make this an all-in-one type of thing I have added a 32 mm rare earth magnet to the bottom of it so I can 'grab' it with my handle that also has a magnet attached.  Give more flexability depending on how i want to launch/land it.
Testing it out it works great but am a little concerned with the magnet being that close to the bottom of the drone.  Besides the 'magnets are bad' statement, anyone play around with something simular with bad results?

( I can add pictures later if need )

3-18 09:02
Use props
djiuser_SwgXPHgTqxAj
lvl.2

Poland

that's a bad idea. Drone has a compass. Compasses are affected by magnets. No magnets around the drone. I would not risk losing the drone
3-18 09:40
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

why do you need it? The drone lands perfectly on your hand.

3-18 09:40
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds a bit risky.  I live on a large boat so I always hand launch/recover all my drones.  Once you get used to hand launch/recover it just becomes natural.  Besides this keeps the drones away from the ground, grass, weeds, sand, etc that could get in the motors.
3-18 13:32
Use props
djiuser_vh8PWTNBN4N4
lvl.2
United States

Good way to KILL a drone FAST!
3-20 15:44
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-18 13:32
Sounds a bit risky.  I live on a large boat so I always hand launch/recover all my drones.  Once you get used to hand launch/recover it just becomes natural.  Besides this keeps the drones away from the ground, grass, weeds, sand, etc that could get in the motors.

Perhaps the author wanted to come up with a solution for landing a drone on a high-speed boat?
My friends used a fishing net for this)
3-20 23:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules