Phantom 3 DJI GO won't connect to iPhone 6 plus 8.3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lweddin1
lvl.1

United States

I just ordered my Phantom 3 on 10/9/15 and recieved it on 10/10/15 "Amazon Prime" I unboxed my Phantom 3 making a video with my iPhone the first thing I did was charge the battery and then the remote while I browsed Youtube "Wanted to make sure I updated the firmeware correct". I downloaded Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.4.0010 and slapped it on the SD card that came with the Phantom 3.

To be clear I have formatted the SD card to make sure it was clean a few times....  After putting the file on the SD I inserted into the Phantom 3. The gimbal started blinking green/red for awhile. I also watched the gimbal move a bit every so often. At the end of the update I think the light went to a SOLID green and then followed by a Louder beep followed by two quick beeps. The lights on the Phantom 3 are Solid red and the other lights are blinking non-stop it looks yellow ish... I power down the Phantom 3 take out the SD remove the firmware and put it back in the Phantom 3. I power the RC and Phantom 3 on, the RC gets a green light the gimbal is solid green. The back lights are blinking green very slow and the other lights are solid red. On the RC if I move the left stick the camera moves a bit, I am also able to tilt the camera up and down.

If you look at the picture it shows that the RC is giving my iPhone a bit of power.... If I unplug the phone and plug it back in the Trust or Don't Trust will not pop up anymore. I have clicked Trust. I believe if I uninstall the app and reinstall it I will have the option to click Trust again. Also I know my phone is at 10% it was about a full charge before I started trying to get it to connect for a few hours I am back at 80% and still nothing.

I have powered down my phone and back on many times, when I inserted my the cable into the RC & into my phone I clicked Trust. I also have tried 3 diffent cables to the RC & iPhone.

IDK if this makes a difference but my iPhone 8.3 is "JAILBROKEN" would that matter? I have nothing running, & I also tired botting up in safe mode and still no video when I click the DJI GO app. It just says how to connect.

Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2015.09.12 21:32:02 =====================
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Upgrading ...

That is the text file after I just put P3X_FW_V01.03.0020 on. When I connect the Micro USB to the RC nothing is happening. I was thinking if I downgrade and start from the bottom and work my way up it would work? IDK seems like I am having an upgrade problem on the RC. It says 2014???

So I live in Michigan "Ann Arbor" I was also wondering if anyone is in the area who could help me out? Or would anyone be able to Skype?

If any more infomration is needed I will provide anything that I am able to provide to help resolve this issue. I am going to also try a few other phones in a bit when my friends wake up.

2015-9-12
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you using a MFI certified cable ( proper apple one )? From testing, cables that give the error "this accessory may not be supported" message when connecting the phone to a computer don't always work with a P3.
2015-9-12
Use props
lweddin1
lvl.1

United States

I have all original cables, I tried my friends phone and it worked fine. I got my first flight in I believe it's because my phone is jailbroken. I will try the gf phone also when she gets home. Same phone but not jb
2015-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules