Cannot perform Update on drone
412 14 3-18 11:17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rkorell
lvl.3
Germany

Hi folks,

I've applied to the declassification as well as others here.
Today this is approved by DJI and I got my new certificate.
Just checked if I can enter my e-ID - nope - don't work.

Checked, if updates availble - yes.
(Current version: 01.00.0300)

Unfortunately (tried 5 times) update doesn't work - reproducable:  Update is really quick (instantly) at 70%, runs a little bit to 73%, stucks there for long and aborts with error message
"Firmware Update failed, restart device and try again - (Code:0x112105600002)".

Any idea/hint for me?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Ralf

3-18 11:17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got that same error one time on my home internet (AT&T fiber).  Then I tried the update using my mobile phone data (T-Mobile).  Update worked perfectly.  
3-18 13:30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Can you please follow the notes below and see if it will help? ( Feel free to skip steps if you have already tried )
• Before updating, ensure that the device's battery level (remote controller or aircraft) is above 50%.
• While updating, do not power off the aircraft or disconnect the USB cable. Otherwise, the update may fail.
• While updating, the device may automatically reboot several times. When rebooting, it is normal for the remote controller to disconnect from the aircraft automatically. Do nothing before the update is completed to avoid affecting the normal updating process.
If the update fails, please refer to the method below and try again:
1. Power off and reboot the remote controller and aircraft. Try updating again.
2. If possible, use another mobile device (if using RC-N2) and try again. For example, switch an iOS device to an Android device.
3. If the app update still fails, we recommend using DJI Assistant 2 for updating if you have an available computer. You can download the DJI Assistant 2 to your computer using this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
3-18 20:01
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 3-18 20:01
Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Can you please follow the notes below and see if it will help? ( Feel free to skip steps if you have already tried )
• Before updating, ensure that the device's battery level (remote controller or aircraft) is above 50%.
• While updating, do not power off the aircraft or disconnect the USB cable. Otherwise, the update may fail.

Hi Tony,
I do not have an USB connection - performed update via remote control .
Have switched off aircraft every trial.
I do not have the remote with mobile phone, so switching to another one is not possible.

So I have to try the PC app.
Will do this Wednesday evening because I‘m not at home where my aircraft is.

Thanks & regards,
Ralf

3-18 23:41
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rkorell Posted at 3-18 23:41
Hi Tony,
I do not have an USB connection - performed update via remote control .
Have switched off aircraft every trial.

I see. You can refer to this link to guide you in updating your firmware using the DJI Assistant 2: https://support.dji.com/help/con ... ;paperDocType=paper Please keep us posted. Thank you for your patience. Have a nice day.
3-19 03:10
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.3
Germany

Unfortunately even with DJI Assistant update doesn't work...

Any idea?

Annoying!

regards,
Ralf
3-19 05:37
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.3
Germany

Nope.
Definitely doesn't work.
Stucks reproducable at exact same percentage with same error message.
Interesting enough DJI Assistant tries to "re-install" currrent (!) version...
3-19 05:46
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.3
Germany

I'm really confused, now.
After trying DJI Assistant without success I gave "over-the-air-update" a second chance.
First attempt failed.
Then I tried the Link "localization" from the main page in section "before fligth"
Map Stated "localization not possible" and shows center of Beijing (!).
I can manually select a city/region (have selected "Frankfurt" which fits.
Then the "search for update" link shows "Firmware up to date" ... (STILL 01.00.0300 ...).

DJI Assist now states "up-to-date" as well. If I click refresh - it will load an update - to version 01.00.0300 - which FAILS (see above posts)

What is wrong here?

Main cause I had looked for an update is that I cannot enter my e-ID for C1 classified Mini 4 pro (DJI approved declassification and re-classification performed).

Any hints?
Thanks.

Regards,
Ralf
3-19 06:03
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.3
Germany

So: final question: Which version is the correct one for Germany and which version will allow entering of eID?
3-19 06:10
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.3
Germany

any advise?
3-20 00:06
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rkorell Posted at 3-19 05:37
Unfortunately even with DJI Assistant update doesn't work...
[view_image]
Any idea?

Hi there. The error code in the image means there is a hardware issue which is why it cannot proceed. I'm afraid you need to send back the drone to DJI for checking. You can submit a repair request here (https://www.dji.com/global/support). The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. Thank you for your patience.
3-20 01:28
Use props
MKmini4
lvl.3
Germany

Hi Ralf,
here are the current versions:

Aircraft: V01.00.0300
RC2: V02.00.0300
DJI Fly App: 1.12.8

Have you already gone through the necessary steps:
3-20 02:22
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 3-20 01:28
Hi there. The error code in the image means there is a hardware issue which is why it cannot proceed. I'm afraid you need to send back the drone to DJI for checking. You can submit a repair request here (https://www.dji.com/global/support). The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. Thank you for your patience.

I guess I will wait until a NEW FW is availble.
As I had the drone new, an update worked.
It seems the current error is merely caused by the trial to install V01.00.0300 on (or over) existing V01.00.0300.

3-21 03:01
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.3
Germany

MKmini4 Posted at 3-20 02:22
Hi Ralf,
here are the current versions:

Yes.
As I wrote I had applied to re-certification and DJI had approved and I do have the certificate.
But entering eID is not possible…
3-21 03:02
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rkorell Posted at 3-21 03:01
I guess I will wait until a NEW FW is availble.
As I had the drone new, an update worked.
It seems the current error is merely caused by the trial to install V01.00.0300 on (or over) existing V01.00.0300.

I understand. But if you decide to send it back and will need assistance. Please feel free to reach us. You can also contact our DJI Support at https://support.dji.com/. Have a great day ahead.
3-23 02:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules