One motor doesn't start
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maxchristman
New
Flight distance : 168625 ft
United States

I have owned the Phantom 3 Professional for around one month now, and recently, I have encountered problems when attempting to take off. When I take off, only 3 motors spin, preventing the drone from going into the air. There is no visual difference betweeen the four motors on my drone, and each has the same resistance to being turned by hand. I have not crashed the drone and there is nothing else that I can think of that could affect the motors. I also tried removing the shock absorbes to see if any cables were unplugged, and they were all connected properly.

Does anyone have suggestions or methods for fixing this problem? I would be glad to try methods and respond to people.
2015-9-12
Use props
ryanbattey
lvl.2

United States

possible that there is some type of dirt  or debris that got caught in one of the motors other than that I would recommend getting hold of DJ and tell them your issue
2015-9-12
Use props
hundleton1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yea check it for dirt and check that motor turns as free as the others, its likely a faulty ESC and needs to go into DJI sorry
2015-9-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Hate to say it. But a service from DJI May be in order.
Hopefully you can find a fix, or say bye bye birdie, for 6-8 long weeks.

If you have some compressed air, try and give that motor a few blasts. . .
See if you can't dislodge some debris or other obstruction. Hold it upside down and spray, while gently turning the motor shaft.

Hopeful you can correct the issue.

RedHotPoker
2015-9-12
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

He already said it turns just as easily as the other three.
2015-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules