Follow Me GPS Lost Phanton 3 ADV
1836 11 2015-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kneedlezkane
New

United States

I tried out Follow me mode the first day it was released and it worked fine. I took it out today and orbit/ point of interest worked fine but follow me kepted giving me a notice saying GPS signal lost. It would start the mode and the move to position but than just stop. Phantom 3 adv would just hover and do nothing. Going out later to try the Professional and see if it will work.   
2015-9-12
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I'm experience similar challenges with the Follow Me function as well - subscribing to this thread to see if anyone is able to throw some light on how FM was implemented
2015-9-12
Use props
jb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 270728 ft
  • >>>
United States

ghoonk Posted at 2015-9-12 13:37
I'm experience similar challenges with the Follow Me function as well - subscribing to this thread t ...

What mobile device are you using?   I too have had problems with it.  I am using a Note 4 which is an authorized mobile device but I am wondering if people are only having problems with Android devices.
2015-9-14
Use props
ed.weibe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40056 ft
United States

maybe its flying off to some kids smartphone?  Not sure either how it determines what to follow.
2015-9-14
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

ed.weibe Posted at 2015-9-14 16:13
maybe its flying off to some kids smartphone?  Not sure either how it determines what to follow.

From some of the threads I've seen here in the last few days, the question continually comes up:

"Does the mobile device you're using have/support GPS?" You apparently must have GPS in both your Phantom and your mobile device. Apparently, the app does its best to "match" the two sets of GPS coordinates. If you're using a device without GPS, there's nothing to "match up."

Art Burke - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-9-14
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

jb@jamesstudio. Posted at 2015-9-15 00:03
What mobile device are you using?   I too have had problems with it.  I am using a Note 4 which is ...

I'm using the iPad Mini 3 which gave me the most problems with GPS - I've since realized does not have a GPS receiver and cannot receive GPS info from a tethered iPhone/Xperia :\

I'm also using the Sony Xperia Z3 and an iPhone 6 Plus. The 6 Plus has the most consistent performance to date
2015-9-14
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

the whole follow me mode depends on your mobile device GPS
2015-9-14
Use props
rehan2haque
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84898 ft
United Kingdom

As people have already suggested, something like a wifi only iPad would not have gps, if its an LTE version then you might be ok.
2015-9-15
Use props
clive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41969 ft
United Kingdom

Ir doesn't seem clear from the message if it's the iPad that's lost GPS or the aircraft. I suspect the iPad.
2015-9-15
Use props
ceduch
lvl.1

France

ghoonk Posted at 2015-9-15 09:56
I'm using the iPad Mini 3 which gave me the most problems with GPS - I've since realized does not  ...

You confirm, Xperia z3 Works with phantom 3 and the follow me mode? Because i've got a message "the mobile device's gps signal is weak and it's location cannot be acquired "
What are your device's settings?
2015-9-15
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

ceduch Posted at 2015-9-15 19:05
You confirm, Xperia z3 Works with phantom 3 and the follow me mode? Because i've got a message "the ...

I confirm it works with the Phantom 3. Not sure why you're getting a weak signal though. I havent changed much of the settings, but I don't have Stamina mode switched on. After the Lollipop update, my battery life improved to a point where i no longer needed to use Stamina.
2015-9-15
Use props
ed.weibe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40056 ft
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-9-14 19:49
From some of the threads I've seen here in the last few days, the question continually comes up:

the whole time mine went missing my phone kept giving me coordinates of where it had come down.  The logs didnt say such a thing as they had quit updating when the bird went wacky.  Turns out after searching for over a month, the bird was in fact about 30-40 feet from where my phone thought it was.  It was just out of site to the casual observer. SO point is, seems to be extra data on the phone app.  and yes, 30-40 doesnt sound like much but it was thick vine foliage and 80 foot trees all around.
2015-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules