Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BRS64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3113789 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Hello All,
I want to ask you a question about video sharpness of Mavic 3 videos.

I mainly use gopro 11, mavic 3 and osmo pocket 3 for my videos. And i can say that after editing gopro sharpness is the best. And mavic videos are not clear as gopro's.

And when i check video specs at quick time player  that i can see that main difference is video rate.

For example, i add specs. Only difference is huge video rate difference. all two are 10 bit video.

What should i do? Mavic videos recorded as HLG. 4K 60 FPS.

gopro.png
Adsız.png
3-30 12:54
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can see that the video file path you are using states "dji_fly_202..." which leads me to believe that you are trying to edit a video downloaded from the RC, rather than the video from the SD card or internal memory.

Whilst this doesn't directly answer your sharpness question, the fact you are using a video downloaded from the RC rather than the original footage recorded to memory suggests that you are using a compressed version of the footage which will probably look really bad (especially as it's only 20Mb/s bitrate) and may be the cause of your concern.

Please take the SD card out of the drone and use the footage which is saved to the card. If the footage isn't on an SD card, then connect the drone, via USB, to a computer and download the footage from the drone's internal memory.

Kullandığınız video dosya yolunda "dji_fly_202..." ifadesinin yer alması, uzaktan kumanda (RC) üzerinden indirilen bir videoyu düzenlemeye çalıştığınıza dair bir izlenim uyandırıyor, bu da videonun SD kart veya dahili hafızadan alınan video yerine kullanıldığını gösteriyor. Bu, keskinlikle ilgili sorunuzu doğrudan yanıtlamasa da, orijinal kaydedilen görüntüler yerine RC'den indirilen bir videoyu kullanıyor olmanız, muhtemelen çok kötü görünecek (özellikle sadece 20Mb/s bit hızı olduğu için) ve endişenizin sebebi olabilir şeklinde bir izlenim uyandırıyor. Lütfen dronun içinden SD kartı çıkarın ve karta kaydedilen görüntüleri kullanın. Eğer görüntüler bir SD kart üzerinde değilse, dronu bir bilgisayara USB üzerinden bağlayın ve dronun dahili hafızasından görüntüleri indirin.
3-30 15:43
Use props
BRS64
lvl.2
  • >>>
Turkey

CloudVisual Posted at 3-30 15:43
I can see that the video file path you are using states "dji_fly_202..." which leads me to believe that you are trying to edit a video downloaded from the RC, rather than the video from the SD card or internal memory.

Whilst this doesn't directly answer your sharpness question, the fact you are using a video downloaded from the RC rather than the original footage recorded to memory suggests that you are using a compressed version of the footage which will probably look really bad (especially as it's only 20Mb/s bitrate) and may be the cause of your concern.

It is fast download directly to İpad from Drone. Does it reduce the quality?
3-31 00:39
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BRS64 Posted at 3-31 00:39
It is fast download directly to İpad from Drone. Does it reduce the quality?

From the bitrate, I can see that the video file is much lower than it should be. It's about a 1/3 of the quality.

Please try copying the footage from the SD card to view in full quality.
3-31 01:52
Use props
BRS64
lvl.2
  • >>>
Turkey

CloudVisual Posted at 3-31 01:52
From the bitrate, I can see that the video file is much lower than it should be. It's about a 1/3 of the quality.

Please try copying the footage from the SD card to view in full quality.

yes, thanks for advice. I found the problem. It is airdrop. Downloading from quick transfer keeps all data. But i delivered some short videos from phone to mac by airdrop and realized that airdrop loses the quality.

Thanks again.
3-31 05:39
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BRS64 Posted at 3-31 05:39
yes, thanks for advice. I found the problem. It is airdrop. Downloading from quick transfer keeps all data. But i delivered some short videos from phone to mac by airdrop and realized that airdrop loses the quality.

Thanks again.

As someone who uses AirDrop on a daily basis, I can assure you that it does not compress footage.

Also, quick transfer is so much slower than just inserting the SD card into your Mac.

Your workflow is very messy if you're transferring the footage from the drone, to a phone and then AirDropping to a Mac - just copy the SD card to the Mac and then if you want a copy for your phone, AirDrop it over from the Mac. Don't use a phone as a middleman.
3-31 23:35
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I plug my Mavic 3's directly to my iPad and copy the footage before leaving a site.  Takes just a few moments with a proper USB-C cable.  I try to avoid handling SD cards in the field if it can be avoided.  I rotate cards, format etc from desktop.  You just have to get into a good flow that works for you.  I have found my iPad pro with the Filebrower Pro app is a lifesaver for drone work.
4-5 08:04
Use props
BRS64
lvl.2
  • >>>
Turkey

Thanks for advice, i will try it.
4-5 09:50
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now