Flying Avata in Saona Island - How NOT to fly near people
294 9 3-31 05:03
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

In these two videos, the pilot does do a good job capturing some beautiful footage, but he flies too close to people and attracts undue attention. In the first video, he flies very close to a boat and a group of three people trying to take a photo. In the second video, he flies near a dog, who didn't look very pleased on hearing the sound of the drone, and look closely for 5 seconds starting at 01:58 of the second video, he flew LITERALLY 3 feet close to some 4 children on some hammocks, and one of them flinched at the drone in fear. These videos have some amazing footage, but they also showcase exactly how NOT to fly near people.

3-31 05:03
Use props
_dji_user_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1807159 ft
Estonia

How do you fly near people?
3-31 11:45
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry but I don't see anywhere which the pilot is flying too close that it becomes dangerous.  Personally I wouldn't do it because I like to leave a lot of room but I don't see where this flight is intended to "buzz" people or scare them.  Maybe a bit different if this were a small city park or a square where people are eating lunch outdoors but at the beach....I think the camera might show something different but there is a fair amount of room for the Avata.  Certainly a Mavic 2 wouldn't go there but a small FPV is ok.  Also depends on the country and their laws and combined with 4 or 5 minutes of "inconvenience"....based on the totality of everything, I will allow it.  
Looks like a lot of fun, wish I were there!  
3-31 11:51
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 3-31 11:51
Sorry but I don't see anywhere which the pilot is flying too close that it becomes dangerous.  Personally I wouldn't do it because I like to leave a lot of room but I don't see where this flight is intended to "buzz" people or scare them.  Maybe a bit different if this were a small city park or a square where people are eating lunch outdoors but at the beach....I think the camera might show something different but there is a fair amount of room for the Avata.  Certainly a Mavic 2 wouldn't go there but a small FPV is ok.  Also depends on the country and their laws and combined with 4 or 5 minutes of "inconvenience"....based on the totality of everything, I will allow it.  
Looks like a lot of fun, wish I were there!

He didn’t intend to scare anyone, so I would not blame him. He just did it unconsciously.
3-31 12:40
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

_dji_user_ Posted at 3-31 11:45
How do you fly near people?

You just go up close to them. Very simple.
3-31 12:41
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That would be very illegal in NL.
4-4 02:02
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

Italy

Montfrooij Posted at 4-4 02:02
That would be very illegal in NL.

What are the consequences in NL? Here in the UK you could be fined, have your drone temporarily confiscated (sometimes even permanently), or in serious cases, you could be arrested. I’m expecting it is the same everywhere.
4-4 09:55
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

USER001 Posted at 4-4 09:55
What are the consequences in NL? Here in the UK you could be fined, have your drone temporarily confiscated (sometimes even permanently), or in serious cases, you could be arrested. I’m expecting it is the same everywhere.

It's the same as far as I know (never tested it out)
4-4 13:05
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

USER001 Posted at 4-4 09:55

What do they do if you drive a car near a person?  
4-5 20:05
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

Italy

The Saint Posted at 4-5 20:05
What do they do if you drive a car near a person?

Good point. We should talk about car safety as much as we talk about drone safety. A car could kill someone, but the worst a drone could do is a small cut.
4-6 07:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules