Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

This is the DJI copy for the Mavic 3 Classic -  

"Extreme Precision

Decimeter-level high-precision positioning makes Mavic 3 Classic extremely stable when hovering. This not only ensures clearer long-exposure shots, but also helps record smoother timelapse videos."

This is one of the better results. WHY?

3-31 07:48
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13381447 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm curious where you read that a Mavic 3 Classic has a 10 cm accuracy? This is not possible without recieving corrections from a base station. The drone in the video pans to the left quite a lot so the compass isn't even super accurate. You can improve the timelapse in post like I've done here. The speed is x2 as well which would normally make camera shake even worse.

3-31 08:44
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-31 08:44
I'm curious where you read that a Mavic 3 Classic has a 10 cm accuracy? This is not possible without recieving corrections from a base station. The drone in the video pans to the left quite a lot so the compass isn't even super accurate. You can improve the timelapse in post like I've done here. The speed is x2 as well which would normally make camera shake even worse.

https://cdn.djivideos.com/video_play/3802966f-8cb6-44f0-95d1-8ee8d553e075

Read the first sentence again. I fixed it to be more clear. My Air 2S is almost perfect, very little movement during a time lapse. I don't want to correct in post.
3-31 09:17
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

As you probably already know winds during the time lapse play a big factor. Also the number/quality of satellites in view at the time. I've found that a Hyperlapse instead of a static time lapse also hides any camera shake much better. It's been a while since I've used the Fly app but I'm pretty sure it adds a little bit of stabilization on export as well.
3-31 09:32
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-31 09:32
As you probably already know winds during the time lapse play a big factor. Also the number/quality of satellites in view at the time. I've found that a Hyperlapse instead of a static time lapse also hides any camera shake much better. It's been a while since I've used the Fly app but I'm pretty sure it adds a little bit of stabilization on export as well.

Calm winds aloft, 24 satellites, everything calibrated. The last half of the video was a Hyper lapse, I started moving it in Cruise Control. This is Air 2S, no post, straight from the drone.

3-31 09:46
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-31 09:46
Calm winds aloft, 24 satellites, everything calibrated. The last half of the video was a Hyper lapse, I started moving it in Cruise Control. This is Air 2S, no post, straight from the drone.

https://youtu.be/ijb_MLPTaMk

Oh ok so in the original video it was doing a hyperlapse in the second half? That makes sense because the 2nd half is a lot smoother. It's kind of like riding a bicycle. Hard to stand still but easy with just a little motion. It also helps that the ground (where you'd mostly see camera shake) is dark and almost hidden.   
3-31 10:46
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64820 ft
Netherlands

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-31 08:44

https://cdn.djivideos.com/video_play/3802966f-8cb6-44f0-95d1-8ee8d553e075

DJI really claims this on the Mavic 3 webpage.

https://www.dji.com/nl/mavic-3-classic?from=store-product-page
3-31 14:23
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Killerbee Posted at 3-31 14:23
DJI really claims this on the Mavic 3 webpage.

[view_image]

The DJI marketing team always has to one-up their previous BS and it's really started to become a problem. 46 minute batteries, 20 km range and now this..? At what point will they start being sued for false advertisement? The M3T has a max accuracy of a decimeter and that's with an RTK module actively receiving corrections. Yet a bottom tier Mavic 3 with only navigation grade GNSS can achieve the same? How dumb does DJI think their customers are?

Screenshot 2024-03-31 203526.png

Source: https://dronesafestore.com/blog/dji-mavic-3-enterprise-rtk-module-benefits
3-31 17:47
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-31 10:46
Oh ok so in the original video it was doing a hyperlapse in the second half? That makes sense because the 2nd half is a lot smoother. It's kind of like riding a bicycle. Hard to stand still but easy with just a little motion. It also helps that the ground (where you'd mostly see camera shake) is dark and almost hidden.

The Air 2S video is ALL hovering/time lapse. The Classic is garbage comparatively.
3-31 17:54
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Does this also occur at a different time of the day? Since stabilization for Hyperlapse is achieved based on image recognition, can you please try shooting in a brighter environment or adjusting the amount of inlet light to ensure image brightness? Thank you.
4-1 00:31
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-1 00:31
Hi there. Does this also occur at a different time of the day? Since stabilization for Hyperlapse is achieved based on image recognition, can you please try shooting in a brighter environment or adjusting the amount of inlet light to ensure image brightness? Thank you.

Tony, time of day, brightness, AO off or on, does not matter. Fresh IMU and compass calibration do not help. This is a problem that has been reported many times, by many people. Check the second video I posted. It is Air 2S straight out of the drone, no correction or enhancement. Same location and conditions.
4-1 06:42
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mobilehomer Posted at 4-1 06:42
Tony, time of day, brightness, AO off or on, does not matter. Fresh IMU and compass calibration do not help. This is a problem that has been reported many times, by many people. Check the second video I posted. It is Air 2S straight out of the drone, no correction or enhancement. Same location and conditions.

I understand. I will forward this to the relevant team.  We appreciate your feedback.
4-2 02:54
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-1 00:31
Hi there. Does this also occur at a different time of the day? Since stabilization for Hyperlapse is achieved based on image recognition, can you please try shooting in a brighter environment or adjusting the amount of inlet light to ensure image brightness? Thank you.

With the exception of solar weather, lighting conditions will not affect GNSS quality. DJI's marketing, R&D and support teams should really communicate better with each other. It seems like nobody there is on the same page.
4-2 05:04
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 4-2 05:04
With the exception of solar weather, lighting conditions will not affect GNSS quality. DJI's marketing, R&D and support teams should really communicate better with each other. It seems like nobody there is on the same page.

Hello. I will make sure to forward your feedback to the appropriate team. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us.
4-3 01:22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-31 09:46

https://youtu.be/ijb_MLPTaMk

Looks very good!
4-4 02:03
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules