Another Feature Suggestion
205 6 4-1 05:27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mizzu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

Eventhough I'm very sure, this won't be implemented, I have a little feature suggestion.

I would like to be able to set the sensitivity of the Horizon Balancing.

For example: I like the natural movement with Horizon Balancing turned off and instead using just Rocksteady. But when using rocksteady and the camera isn't perfectly horizontally alligned (e.g. when I use a Backpack-Clip or the Head-Mount and I didn't check if it's perfectly alligned) the whole recording looks crappy (and I would have to manually adjust it in post processing).

So being able to use Horizon Balancing but to set the sensitivity / angle would be really cool.

For example: Horizon Balancing Sensitivity: 5° -> it just keeps ist straight for 5° to the left or right, afterwards it unlocks and behaves like Rocksteady.

10° is more, 20° and so on and so on, I think you get the idea.

Anyways. Maybe we will see it in a future product at least.

4-1 05:27
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

I am not sure why HB would need to go into RS?

I used to use RS almost exclusively until it started bothering me that whenever I use a neck mount the footage can be a few degrees tilted. Just a small movement of your head, shoulder, upper body was enough to make the neck mount slip just a little and the footage gets tilted.

And that is how I discovered HB. Now I use HB almost exclusively with neck mount and the footage is always perfectly centered. It works for walking, hiking, or biking.

What bothers me though is that for HB "Wide" FOV is not available. I don’t particularly like Standard (Dewarp). I prefer Wide or Ultrawide. So that’s the other thing. For RS you can select Ultrawide, Wide, Standard, and Narrow (I believe that’s what it’s called… don’t have the camera with me at the moment). But for HB only Standard and Narrow is available. So if you start with HB and it would go into RS, you wouldn’t have the ability to change the FOV and it will have to stay on either Standard or Narrow.

What I’d prefer, however (sorry to hijack the thread) is to be able to select an EIS for Hyperlapse. When using a neck mount, you don’t have the option to select an EIS and for the above mentioned reason the footage can easily get tilted if you move your neck. Would be nice to be able to select HorizonBalance for Hyperlapse.

Anyhow. Sorry. Back to our regularly scheduled program…
4-1 07:13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Gimbals have this via the applications, and   they can simply do it but best of luck   getting that in the camera alone,
4-1 07:17
Use props
Mizzu
Second Officer
Germany

osmonauta Posted at 4-1 07:13
I am not sure why HB would need to go into RS?

I used to use RS almost exclusively until it started bothering me that whenever I use a neck mount the footage can be a few degrees tilted. Just a small movement of your head, shoulder, upper body was enough to make the neck mount slip just a little and the footage gets tilted.

I already mentioned my thoughts about it.
HB looks not natural at all as RS does. And when I do my Photography in the woods and use the OA4 as POV Camera, I have to decide between too stabilized, ...ty looking HB or in bad luck situation misalligned RS.

And if you do some side-movements, there can happen very strange stabilization-issues where the footage just flips around and what.

Not everybody likes the footage gimbal-like. ;)

4-1 08:11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi. We appreciate your suggestion. What I can do is submit your request to the relevant team to provide them with feedback and evaluate it. Any news or updates will be announced on the DJI official website or in the DJI Forum. Thank you for your patience.
4-2 01:19
Use props
Mizzu
Second Officer
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 4-2 01:19
Hi. We appreciate your suggestion. What I can do is submit your request to the relevant team to provide them with feedback and evaluate it. Any news or updates will be announced on the DJI official website or in the DJI Forum. Thank you for your patience.

Perfect, thanks
4-2 04:52
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

You are most welcome. Feel free to reach us if you have further concerns, we are more than glad to help. We appreciate your valued support.
4-3 01:19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules