Best Airspeed for Distance
381 9 4-2 00:13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ValleyForge
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24754 ft
Australia

I'm planning to scout around an island offshore; flying from the mainland.

Does anyone know the most "efficient" airspeed for the M4Pro? I just want to minimise the chance of it having a salty bath, if possible.

4-2 00:13
Use props
MKmini4
lvl.3
Germany

To increase the range, it is recommended to fly at a speed of approximately 25 mph.
4-2 00:41
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

As confirmed by testing from many users, full speed in normal mode will give the most miles per battery.
4-2 02:05
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, ValleyForge. Thank you for reaching out. We recommend using the N-mode for maximum speed during flight. It's not advisable to use the Sport mode as it drains the battery faster. Hope this helps.
4-3 02:21
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

it's in the specs https://www.dji.com/bg/mini-4-pro/specs
18 km (with Intelligent Flight Battery and measured while flying at 40.7 kph in a windless environment at 20 meters above sea level)
25 km (with Intelligent Flight Battery Plus* and measured while flying at 44.3 kph in a windless environment at 20 meters above sea level)
4-3 21:41
Use props
ValleyForge
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24754 ft
Australia

alex_markov Posted at 4-3 21:41
it's in the specs https://www.dji.com/bg/mini-4-pro/specs  
18 km (with Intelligent Flight Battery and measured while flying at 40.7 kph in a windless environment at 20 meters above sea level)
25 km (with Intelligent Flight Battery Plus* and measured while flying at 44.3 kph in a windless environment at 20 meters above sea level)

Thanks - I knew the DJI specs but I was hoping for some real world information.
I mean, we all believe what DJI says, right?
4-3 22:19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ValleyForge Posted at 4-3 22:19

Right .. in 9 years of flying and checking DJI specs, I've never seen anything to indicate that the specs are not accurate.
4-3 23:02
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

ValleyForge Posted at 4-3 22:19

I have done it - with ~40 km/h I reached 14+ km flight with Plus battery landing at 26% but I live at 600+ m ASL and they "measure" at sea level and windless I never can have
4-4 01:12
Use props
2sticks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131355 ft
United States

Keep recording time to points of interest that you want. Excessive recording time shortens battery life also.
4-4 06:55
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Some things I think that you should consider before anything else,
1) wind speed and direction, if the island is distant do not fly the outbound leg down wind i.e. do not sent the drone to the island in an offshore wind.
2) DO NOT ingnore or override low battery RTH warnings.
3) Do not set an excessively high RTH height. Wind speed generally increases with height. if there are no obstacles between you and where the drone will go an RTH height of 30m is probably more than enough. Of course if you are going to fly the drone behind the island then the RTH height need to be sufficient to clear the island and its vegetation.

From memory the following is a good lesson and was flown with a relatively new Mavic 3.

4-4 08:15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules