1404 8 2015-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vernonm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3291 ft
Australia

Hi All, Need some help!

I'm trying to update my Inspire from firmware 1.3 to 1.4 and cannot get anywhere

The bird's tail light flashes quick yellow, no noise etc

have re-formatted the Micro SD card and replaced the firmware file, still nothing, tried a different Micro SD card, tried different batteries, still nothing..

Any ideas???
2015-9-12
Use props
rwynant
lvl.1

United States

You are trying the aircraft with the transmitter off?

The .bin file needs to be on the ROOT of the sdcard

Randy
www.sefsd.org.
2015-9-12
Use props
vernonm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3291 ft
Australia

rwynant Posted at 2015-9-13 17:25
You are trying the aircraft with the transmitter off?

The .bin file needs to be on the ROOT of the  ...

Thanks for responding, yes to both questions
2015-9-13
Use props
markwiss.hotmai
lvl.2
United States

MY I1 is in the shop for  the second time.  This one occurred during the firmware update.  According to the .TXT file, the first try failed. I shut it off, restarted it and began the update again.  After 25+ min the tail light went solid yellow and the noises lessened and changed pattern.  This time there was no .TXT file.  I tried once more and the tail light went solid yellow and a new, insistent, mechanical BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP- sounded until I shut it off.

I missed shooting in upstate NY during the height of the corn growing season. Big corn, big trees, stunning valley vistas. I missed many more things than that but these were amazing vistas. I put 612 miles on the car mostly on county roads with no airborne footage.  

This is the second time my bird went back to shop because ...1st time - software bug with GPS lock affected flight status, so, with no input from me, the bird hit a tree....backwards at speed.   ...2nd time - firmware upgrade failure. Fried the flight controller board.  the 1st failure was during flight so I recorded the crash.

2015-9-13
Use props
ageelectrical
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Havering the exact same problem only I have also lost my video transmission gimble still works ,noticed the dd-did did not sound the same as when I updated to 1.3 I have tried a couple of things but can't get the vid feed back  I installed the new 1 4 version on to my ss card on the root dir ,bird started the dddd an then ddd ddd funny iv never herd this on before yellow light flashing  ,sad car stated on new writen fill that software was same as installed and aborted  I have also noticed the battery charging light sequence is not correct does nolonger show the charge status only 1234 light flashing even when fully charged ,vidio worked for about five minuets the vanished off my screen the controls ang gimble can still be moved and are under my control  so tried tried to revert to 1.3version to try ang get my bird Bach to what was a fully working bird , reinstalled 1.3 onto the SD card  switched off RC  installed  at this point you force   bird to read the SD card and not sit withe the yellow light flashing trying to locate the RC unit  so you pres that little button on the inspire this will delete the connection from the RC  switch off  then switch back on it will then reinstall previous version  which went ok ang the fill saying that it had installed   Then turned on RC and from the app  new connection  LINK RC bird was found no problem and vidio feed was reastablished  for about 10minuits the disappeared again . At this point I decided to give it a rest after hours of piz around ,but went back about a hour later same again happened  vid for about 10mins then blank screen ,have also noticed the rear fan on the camera is not running but can hear something inside  as if their is another fan inside , my conclusion is that this is one of two things either when uploading  updates it still retaines its main software like when you update windows  and their is now a issue within its program and needs a clean install  or the cam electronics are switching the vid feed off like its overheating ,not that I can see signs of this as it's not on long enough ,well as dji don't seem to want to tell anyone how things are controlled and their is no info on reinstalling previous versions thought I'd give you all a bit more info on how to go about. Any ideas on the vid feed would be much appreciated .
2015-9-13
Use props
ageelectrical
lvl.2

United Kingdom

The yellow light flashing means it's not connected to the RC controller
Can anyone verified the college of the LEDs when updating  ,for some reason iv got it in my head when I updated to 1.3they flashed sort of blue then went to green when finished  anyone know?
2015-9-13
Use props
sthuemmel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

ageelectrical Posted at 2015-9-13 20:29
The yellow light flashing means it's not connected to the RC controller
Can anyone verified the coll ...

Did you check the hidden log created on the SD card located under \MISC\LOG\ xxx.txt.
To view this log you will need to enable view hidden files on you computer.
I wouldn't worry so much about the lights, while doing the update.  
The 1.4 update is done with the RC turned off, and contains an update for the batteries, not the RC.
2015-9-19
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sadly, if none of the simple steps work, you will have to send it in. As markwiss.hotmai, something has failed.

I am going through the same thing. I have literally tried everything. After months, I finally threw in the towel and sent it in.
2015-9-19
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I know where I would throw it.....
2015-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now