Avata 2 timing and question without answer :)
373 5 4-3 15:00
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's interesting timing for me on this release.  I'm flying down (from Alaska) to Phoenix in order to drive back to Alaska and fly drones along the way.  I'm leaving Apr 13.  If Best Buy has them in stock I'll probably pick one up right away although...my question (probably can't be answered yet..) is whether or not I will be able to fly slowly forward while looking straight down and filming without getting the prop guards in the image. The pics of the Avata 2 make me think probably yeah. Anyone have anything more than that?  Do you know if Best Buy typically has stock on the release day?  I'll only have two or so days before we start driving back.  I have an Avata but will only be taking my Mav3Pro and Mini 4 Pro (for Canada). My purchase depends mostly on that issue of recording without prop guards in the scene...

4-3 15:00
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you order from Amazon and have it delivered to an Amazon locker?
4-3 19:58
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Your adventure sounds exciting! Regarding the DJI Avata 2, while specific details about the camera's field of view relative to the propeller guards have not been confirmed, the design suggests that it may allow for the type of filming you're interested in. It's designed with a focus on cinematography and FPV freestyle abilities, which could mean an improved camera angle that avoids capturing the prop guards in the frame. As for Best Buy's stock on release day, it can vary. However, Best Buy is known for carrying new releases on launch days, and they often have products available for purchase. It might be a good idea to check with your local Best Buy store or their customer service closer to your departure date to ensure availability.  Safe travels and happy filming on your journey!
4-4 00:15
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 4-3 19:58
Can you order from Amazon and have it delivered to an Amazon locker?

I purchased an RC Pro from Amazon. THOUGHT it was from DJI store but I wasn't careful and it turned out it wasn't. When there was an issue with it I found out the seller was from China and it had no DJI warranty in the US!  I might consider Amazon but heads-up to anyone buying a DJI product on Amazon; be sure it is actually being sold by DJI or it may have zero warranty.
4-4 08:15
Use props
Snoze
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7832014 ft
France

Fly in manual mode and no problem with Avata 1..same with Avata 2 i think
4-4 11:11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

digibud Posted at 4-4 08:15
I purchased an RC Pro from Amazon. THOUGHT it was from DJI store but I wasn't careful and it turned out it wasn't. When there was an issue with it I found out the seller was from China and it had no DJI warranty in the US!  I might consider Amazon but heads-up to anyone buying a DJI product on Amazon; be sure it is actually being sold by DJI or it may have zero warranty.

Good heads up Digi.  
4-4 12:17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules