Difference between my D model and the inspire shipping with X5??
2616 16 2015-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tim foster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

i would like to know what the difference is between my C and D model compared to the inspire pro with X5? others are allso wondering thanks
2015-9-12
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

Thats a good questions considering I just purchased my inspire 1 a few day ago and it is a D.
2015-9-13
Use props
tbuining
lvl.2

Netherlands

The differants are

Lightbridge has now 1080 p in stat of 720. Dont know how many peaple are using it.

The motors are a bit better. So you fly a bit longer.

The are made on the feet, little "high heels". So it stands a bit higher.
Can you as accesoire buy to your (old) Inspire 1.

The retracts go a bit further down. So they win a few cm for the cameraplace under the aircraft.
2015-9-13
Use props
frank320
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1440459 ft
Singapore

tbuining@xs4all Posted at 2015-9-13 16:37
The differants are

Lightbridge has now 1080 p in stat of 720. Dont know how many peaple are using i ...

If these changes are true, then DJI's statement during the X5/R release might contain false statements because if I upgraded my original inspire X3 with the X5 camera and mount, my X5 camera at a cost of 3k, would smash into the ground when I land???

Surely, that is not anyone's definition of modular design???

2015-9-13
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

tbuining@xs4all Posted at 2015-9-13 11:37
The differants are

Lightbridge has now 1080 p in stat of 720. Dont know how many peaple are using i ...

Are you certain that these informations are accurate ? There is no info on DJI website that Inspire 1 Pro supports Lightbridge 2, that would mean also new improved controller with HD- SDI Input.
Also Lightbridge 2 supports dual stream, in case you have also a dedicated FPV camera installed.

Bottom line, I think Lightbridge 2 is not supported by Inspire 1 and it will probably be a feature included with Inspire 2, which surely will include a second FPV camera, as many users requested it.

I am not sure about new motor specs or the improved transforming design, it would be nice if a DJI admin can step in and clarify this information for us, to let us know what are the differences between Inspire 1 and Inspire 1 Pro.
For example, a little but very important thing ?
Does the Inspire 1 Pro comes with a new redesigned case ?
The new Zenmuse X5 vibration absortion board, due to its extended design, will not fit the aircraft in its current slot. Also the slot made for the gimbal itself.

So please DJI Admin, take a moment of your time and answer these questions for us, so we can plan accordingly our next purchase of DJI products.

2015-9-13
Use props
frank320
lvl.3
Singapore

mani Posted at 2015-9-13 17:40
Are you certain that these informations are accurate ? There is no info on DJI website that Inspir ...

If DJI saw it important to upgrade the inspire PRO's motors and potentially ESC over the original inspire X3's, then an original Inspire X3 upgraded with the X5 camera, with added weight, is more likely to fail while in the air as it overloads the original hardware carrying the X5/R???

That is just great... Good luck to the original loyal inspire X3 DJI customers that just ordered their X5 camera upgrade. You are either going to smash your new X5 camera and lens when you land, or your upgraded inspire will likely fall out of the sky as it is overloaded with the X5/R setup.
2015-9-13
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

LOL, here we go again, wonder how long Dji will be able to fool their customers... Thats why im sceptic to spend 7-8000$ on a Dji product, you simply dont know what to believe or trust in, they dont seem to care, as long as they make as much money as possible...
Maybe its about time i realize its waste of time and money believing i would benefit pro wise from this company, at least, i guess theres a good reason i never spent more than on a Phantom from them.
But ill hand it to them, they are world leading in glossy renderings and fancy words...
2015-9-13
Use props
mani
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

frank320 Posted at 2015-9-13 12:52
If DJI saw it important to upgrade the inspire PRO's motors and potentially ESC over the original  ...

I should take a moment and seriously think about it.
Inspire 1 with Zenmuse X3 has a weight of 2935 grams.
The weight of Zenmuse X3 is 350 grams.

The maximum payload supported by Inspire 1 is 3400 grams.
The lens itself (DJI,Olympus or Panasonic) are 115 grams.
Still there is more than enough amount left to stay safe in the maximum payload supported by Inspire.
Inspire 1 aircraft, plus MFT lens are around 2750 grams.
I assume the new gimbal will be around 300-400 grams maximum, without lens.

Do the math, you will notice that the extra weight of Inspire with Zenmuse X5 is around 100-200 grams.
Bottom line, let's talk facts not fairy tales.

2015-9-13
Use props
mani
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

CineView Media Posted at 2015-9-13 13:09
LOL, here we go again, wonder how long Dji will be able to fool their customers... Thats why im scep ...

First of all, what are you doing on this forum, precisely on this thread ?
You just mentioned you will never buy anything else from DJI, except a Phantom.
This is a thread dedicated to Inspire 1 owners.

You wanna rant about DJI and its amazing skills to fool its customers ? At least have the decency and go to the Phantom section, in case you own at least one DJI product, which I seriously think you don't.
Because, just in case you have not realized, right here is a dedicated forum to DJI customers.
And when you jump in and talk about fooled customers, you are offending us in the first place, not DJI.
2015-9-13
Use props
frank320
lvl.3
Singapore

mani Posted at 2015-9-13 18:25
Inspire 1 with Zenmuse X3 has a weight of 293 ...

Bottom line? It is a fact as it is already confirmed by some DJI employees that the Inspire PRO aircraft is going to be better and upgraded relative to the Inspire X3. It is also a fact(that was not mentioned and left out by DJI) that the Inspire PRO has "feet" extensions in order to accommodate the bigger X5/R camera and gimbal. It is also a fact that you can order the X5 upgrade now on DJI, but the feet extensions are no where to be found.  

So what does this  mean? If you upgrade your existing Inspire X3 with the X5/R camera and gimbal(but can't upgrade the feet extensions like the PRO version), it will probably land on the camera/lens instead of the feet - if not, why would DJI extend the PRO's feet and be rumored to upgrade the legs to extend further lower?

Additionally, if the Inspire PRO's motors/ESC are also upgraded, one will have to ask the question why? Common sense tells you the Inspire PRO's upgraded motors is to deal with the heavier X5/R camera/gimbal, to provide a larger operating margin for the heavier load. If this is true, then:
1) DJI should have stated it during the presentation instead of misleading existing Inspire owners to spend 3k to upgrade their X3 to X5, and have an inferior aircraft not ideally spec'ed to carry the X5, unless one spends another 5k to get the PRO aircraft version.
2) They should retract all previous claims that the Inspire's camera is modular and up-gradable - it looks like it is not since you really need the PRO aircraft in order to manage the X5/R camera/gimbal.

DJI needs to state this clearly and upfront so we can make informed decisions. Loyal Inspire X3 owners shouldn't be bamboozled into spending 3k on the X5/gimbal setup only to find out later that their original Inspire X3 "upgraded to X5" aircraft is not as flight worthy as the "PRO" aircraft.  

So, in 2 months when the X5 camera upgrades starts shipping without the proper feet extensions, lower leg upgrades, better motor upgrades for the X3, will still DJI cover the damages for my upgraded X3 to X5 camera setup if during landing, it smashes my X5 camera because my X5 camera sits way lower than the PRO version? Will they cover the warranty if the motor/ESC overloads and my Inspire falls from the sky because i was flying my X3 with X5 "upgraded" heavier Inspire?
2015-9-13
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

mani Posted at 2015-9-13 12:25
Inspire 1 with Zenmuse X3 has a weight of 293 ...

As you say lets talk facts

Last edited by Machoman In 2015-9-11 16:23 Editor

I make a new thread ONLY for this detail because its important and there is too many threads discussing X5 all and everything.

Now the only thing we really know is this:

Zenmuse X3 Gimbal with Camera Weight247 g

Output Power with X3
Static: 9 W
In Motion: 11 W

ZenmuseX5Zenmuse X5R
GeneralDimensions120mm (W) x 135mm (H) x 140mm (D)136mm (W) x 125mm (H) x 131mm (D)
Weight (Standard Lens, Balancing Ring, Lens Hood, Micro SD Card Included)526 g583 g
Static Output Power8 W19.5W
Peak Output Power13W25W

available data on flighttime at payload is poor (have not found for Inspire)  in this table of similar Matrice 100 it may give a hint.

Hovering Time (with TB47D battery)No payload: 22 min; 500g payload: 17 min;1kg payload: 13 min
Hovering Time (with TB48D battery)No payload: 28 min; 500g payload: 20 min;
1kg payload: 16 min

Hovering Time (with TB47D battery and Zenmuse X3)No payload: 19 min
Hovering Time (with TB48D battery and Zenmuse X3)No payload: 23 min

conclusion at available data:

I would assume the effect of weight difference alone will be:

X5 TB 47    -2 min
X5 TB 48    -3 min

X5R TB 47   -3 min
X5R TB 48   -4 min

However I dont know how to calculate the effect of the different power consumption.

Anyone ideas?

2015-9-13
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

tbuining@xs4all Posted at 2015-9-13 10:37
The differants are

What is "better"?  Why should it fly longer?

It has more KV so it may have the same speed with the 300g more load but use even more power for it then the actual motor would. So there will be a additional reduction in flight time.
2015-9-13
Use props
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Switzerland

frank320 Posted at 2015-9-13 14:48
Bottom line? It is a fact as it is already confirmed by some DJI employees that the Inspire PRO air ...

Hi frank320, I am wondering about the exact same issues. I would like to know if and what will be different  on the inspire pro (compared to the inspire 1) besides the camera to decide wether I should just order the new X5 gimble and camera or wether to keep the existing inspire 1 as it is and just get an additional new inspire pro ... DJI pls give us some advise and feed back !!
2015-9-13
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

Guys, all the Inspires are the SAME! A-D only differences are the QR hubs in the motors and a slightly different bracket in the landing gear! That's it!!!!!!!!!!!
2015-9-13
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have flown an X5 on an Inspire 1.  I saw no decline in performance that I could see.  The punch outs were fine and FFF was good as well in the constrained environment that I was flying in.  The X5 has not even started to ship yet.  Have you seen what is in the box.  How about the gimbal mounting plate, do you know what is in that box.  Neither do I.  Even though I am flying a Inspire with the X5 I don't know what will be in the production box.  It was released 3 days ago.  I am sure more information will be available shortly.  
2015-9-13
Use props
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Switzerland

thanks Tahoe Ed,
the only reason for the "impatience" is that depending on the fact wether there would be  any differences between the inspire 1 and the inspire pro aircraft (besides mounting plate and beefed up legs) I may opt in getting a brand new complete inspire 1 pro rather than upgrading existent inspire 1 with new gimble and camera.
But I guess waiting another week or two will not make that much difference !
2015-9-14
Use props
tim foster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

thanks for responding Ed but are you still bound by NDA on answering this question?  i feel for you. i see how people can be on here, and you have been very helpful. i just wonder about the upgaded moters on the pro and, of course, do we need to worry about burning up our existing A-B-C-D models!! I think that is what we all want to know!! as far as the added height to the new pro i have put little quarter inch feet on all my inspires no big deal there-- and of course the original question still stands, what are the EXACT differences between the x3 inspires and pro, standing by for answer again thanks :-)
2015-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules