DashWare Profile for Mini 3
290 13 4-9 17:33
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

For the very very few who are still playing with DashWare, here attached is a package for the Mini 3. Detailed instructions included in the zip. Enjoy!

DJI Mini 3 Gauges.jpg

DashWare DJI Mini 3 v1.0.zip

738.93 KB, Down times: 12

4-9 17:33
Use props
Snoze
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7832014 ft
France

Thanks you, never use it but i will try for fun
4-10 00:06
Use props
DJIDronePete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14360 ft
United Kingdom

Will it work with a mini 3 pro as well? I've not yet managed to make a telemetry solution work but it's one thing I want - I'd really expected it to work out of the box and not require third party solutions to overlay telemetry data.
4-10 04:36
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.
4-10 09:57
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

DJIDronePete Posted at 4-10 04:36
Will it work with a mini 3 pro as well? I've not yet managed to make a telemetry solution work but it's one thing I want - I'd really expected it to work out of the box and not require third party solutions to overlay telemetry data.

I don't know, it would likely require some tweaking. If you want, send me a .TXT or .CSV file privately, and I'll take a look. DashWare is old, outdated and has a rather steep learning curve, but it's free and since it's not tied to a specific camera/drone/logger, it's actually quite flexible.
4-10 12:44
Use props
DJIDronePete
lvl.2
United Kingdom

120ccpm Posted at 4-10 12:44
I don't know, it would likely require some tweaking. If you want, send me a .TXT or .CSV file privately, and I'll take a look. DashWare is old, outdated and has a rather steep learning curve, but it's free and since it's not tied to a specific camera/drone/logger, it's actually quite flexible.

Do I need to process the TXT file or something - it's not a readable text file? I did process some through Airdata to get KML files.
4-11 08:38
Use props
DJIDronePete
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJIDronePete Posted at 4-11 08:38
Do I need to process the TXT file or something - it's not a readable text file? I did process some through Airdata to get KML files.

OK, should have downloaded your ZIP file as you have helpfully included detailed instructions. I will work through those and see if your profile works with a mini 3 pro
4-11 08:42
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

DJIDronePete Posted at 4-11 08:42
OK, should have downloaded your ZIP file as you have helpfully included detailed instructions. I will work through those and see if your profile works with a mini 3 pro

Sounds good!
4-11 08:46
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice job
4-14 01:01
Use props
DJIDronePete
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So, the good news is that I can report that the overlay works on a Mini 3 Pro video as well.
The bad news (and this is probably nothing to do with the customisation) is that Dashware threw an error trying to render a 4K video. I got it to work by down converting to 720p (I saw someone report this worked for a very similar error). The error I got was "Error rendering in MediaFoundationMedai Foundation Error +-1072875852".
So, another question - should Dashware work with 4K videos and if so, what is the resolution to get it to work?
4-14 09:31
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

DJIDronePete Posted at 4-14 09:31
So, the good news is that I can report that the overlay works on a Mini 3 Pro video as well.
The bad news (and this is probably nothing to do with the customisation) is that Dashware threw an error trying to render a 4K video. I got it to work by down converting to 720p (I saw someone report this worked for a very similar error). The error I got was "Error rendering in MediaFoundationMedai Foundation Error +-1072875852".
So, another question - should Dashware work with 4K videos and if so, what is the resolution to get it to work?

Before we start looking at something else, did you read my notes about the DashWare audio bug? If there is no audio track in the MP4 (as it happens with DJI drones), DashWare will throw an error when trying to render the Project. I do provide an easy workaround for that...
As for your other question, I have no problems rendering 4K videos in DashWare. Here's the details of a sample MP4 generated minutes ago from a DJI Mini 3 video (4K), with the silent audio workaround, using the Auto quality setting:

Screenshot 2024-04-14 113116.jpg
4-14 10:29
Use props
DJIDronePete
lvl.2
United Kingdom

120ccpm Posted at 4-14 10:29
Before we start looking at something else, did you read my notes about the DashWare audio bug? If there is no audio track in the MP4 (as it happens with DJI drones), DashWare will throw an error when trying to render the Project. I do provide an easy workaround for that...
As for your other question, I have no problems rendering 4K videos in DashWare. Here's the details of a sample MP4 generated minutes ago from a DJI Mini 3 video (4K), with the silent audio workaround, using the Auto quality setting:

Yes I did read about the bug and applied your audio track. That's good news that Dashware is capable of rendering 4K so I shall persevere. I was using Windows 7 desktop - next step might be to try a Windows 10 laptop (albeit Dashware is so old I'm not sure that'll make a lot of difference).
4-15 11:27
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

DJIDronePete Posted at 4-15 11:27
Yes I did read about the bug and applied your audio track. That's good news that Dashware is capable of rendering 4K so I shall persevere. I was using Windows 7 desktop - next step might be to try a Windows 10 laptop (albeit Dashware is so old I'm not sure that'll make a lot of difference).

Ok, if you're sure the audio track got added to your MP4, then the next likely suspect is a missing codec. Try looking for some codec pack for Windows 7, but be careful that there's a lot of garbage around, including "impartial" technical articles that instead are promoting some paid solution.
4-15 12:19
Use props
DJIDronePete
lvl.2
United Kingdom

120ccpm Posted at 4-15 12:19
Ok, if you're sure the audio track got added to your MP4, then the next likely suspect is a missing codec. Try looking for some codec pack for Windows 7, but be careful that there's a lot of garbage around, including "impartial" technical articles that instead are promoting some paid solution.

Thanks - I will look into it and report back once I have found a resolution
4-17 09:15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules