RC issues after firmware update
289 3 4-12 07:18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jhaddon
lvl.1

United States

I just upgraded the firmware on the rc controller and now my drone can only fly about 1000ft before I lose signal, I have a Mavic 3 Pro and a Mini 3 pro.  After the firmware update on the rc today, neither will fly further than 1000ft.  If anyone knows how to fix this I would greatly appreciate the help.  Thanks

4-12 07:18
Use props
jhaddon
lvl.1

United States

Went out and did a test flight today at lunch, and at about 750ft rc signal turns yellow and I get transmission interrupted errors.  This is something new after the controller firmware update yesterday.  I have in the past been able to fly out to 8000ft without issue.
4-12 10:12
Use props
jhaddon
lvl.1

United States

I think I found the issue, transmission defaults to 2.4ghz, if I set it to dual-band then I'm fine. But since the firmware update either it isn't saving the dual band or I don't know how to do it. I just did two test flights one with only 2.4 selected and one with dual band. I got alerts at 750ft and started losing connection with only 2.4 on. With dual band I was able to go out to 1500ft without issue.
4-12 11:51
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, please note that flight distance sometimes relates to the flight environment, we would suggest that you fly the drone in a wide and broad place. The trees/buildings between the drone and the controller may cause interference. Also, the position of the antennas makes a great effect, too.  Please make sure the remote controller is pointed toward the aircraft. Besides, we suggest upgrading the firmware if it is needed.
4-12 23:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules