Battery hook problem :(
311 7 4-12 12:19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Piotr Pe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338428 ft
Poland

This is the second battery whose latch is damaged. The casing is cracked on the hook, as can be seen in the photos. Are batteries replaced under Care Refresh?
IMG_6056.jpeg
IMG_6055.jpeg
Care Refresh m3p.jpg
4-12 12:19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're deeply sorry for this unpleasant experience. You may contact our support team to start up a ticket for your battery at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding and support.
4-13 22:28
Use props
Piotr Pe
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-13 22:28
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're deeply sorry for this unpleasant experience. You may contact our support team to start up a ticket for your battery at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you, but my question was whether a crack in the housing on the battery hook is subject to warranty replacement or not. Is this hitch hook likely to break or not in the second year of operation?
The battery didn't fall on anyone's head or the drone
I expected an indication of the final point at which I should state my problem, not an indication of the 'beginning of the trail of the conquerors of the Wild West' in the form of the internet address of DJI support
4-14 09:28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The catch will eventually break, it's a well documented problem. I don't remember if it is treated as a warranty issue. That may depend on the age of the battery.
I would suggest that in future you depress the catches just enough to remove the battery from the drone etc. .
I suspect it is a fatigue  problem in the plastic and have suggested in the past that people try to fit a travel limiter behind the clip inside the battery housing.

4-14 11:33
Use props
Piotr Pe
lvl.2
Poland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-14 11:33
The catch will eventually break, it's a well documented problem. I don't remember if it is treated as a warranty issue.
I would suggest that in future you depress the catches just enough to remove the battery from the drone etc. . That may depend on the age of the battery.
I suspect it is a fatigue  problem in the plastic and have suggested in the past that people try to fit a travel limiter behind the clip inside the battery housing.

Thank you
I found previous posts. Yes, it is repaired under warranty for up to 1 year. I've had it for over a year now I ordered two cases on AliExpress for about 17 Euro each.
I agree that they deteriorate mainly on the DJI triple charger hooks.
It also has a quad charger and I now know why there is no need for hooks.
4-14 12:19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Piotr Pe Posted at 4-14 09:28
Thank you, but my question was whether a crack in the housing on the battery hook is subject to warranty replacement or not. Is this hitch hook likely to break or not in the second year of operation?
The battery didn't fall on anyone's head or the drone
I expected an indication of the final point at which I should state my problem, not an indication of the 'beginning of the trail of the conquerors of the Wild West' in the form of the internet address of DJI support

Thank you for your response. Regarding the DJI Care refresh, the policy does not support replacing one battery using the service plan alone. That’s because the replacement fee almost equals to one battery fee and there is a deduction once on the service plan. If the battery is out of warranty or is damaged because of user error, we suggest purchasing a new one. We appreciate your understanding and support.
4-17 22:51
Use props
Nico_K
New
Flight distance : 142457 ft
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-17 22:51
Thank you for your response. Regarding the DJI Care refresh, the policy does not support replacing one battery using the service plan alone. That’s because the replacement fee almost equals to one battery fee and there is a deduction once on the service plan. If the battery is out of warranty or is damaged because of user error, we suggest purchasing a new one. We appreciate your understanding and support.

Well, since it happens so frequently (I have the same problem, battery alomst one year old), I think its kind of a joke of speaking if a "user error" as you know as good as everybody else that it is in fact a manufacturer error. Btw. since I'm not allowed to make an own post because of missing points (what a strange way to run a forum by the way). How do I file a support ticket? My DJI care started a little less than a year ago so I want to make sure I start the ticket before the warranty runs out. And I can't find a way to just send in the battery. Thank you for your support in this matter.
5-6 23:27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nico_K Posted at 5-6 23:27
Well, since it happens so frequently (I have the same problem, battery alomst one year old), I think its kind of a joke of speaking if a "user error" as you know as good as everybody else that it is in fact a manufacturer error. Btw. since I'm not allowed to make an own post because of missing points (what a strange way to run a forum by the way). How do I file a support ticket? My DJI care started a little less than a year ago so I want to make sure I start the ticket before the warranty runs out. And I can't find a way to just send in the battery. Thank you for your support in this matter.

https://www.dji.com/nl/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
5-6 23:32
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules