Fixing a broken leg
159 2 4-14 12:31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
APIMan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26266 ft

United Kingdom

I am hoping that you can help me or at least advise me.

I have a Phantom Obsidian. A couple of weeks ago I was flying it to photograph  a number of different locations which were fairly close together. The bag that I use enables me to pack the drone without removing the blades.

I was launching the drone for the fifth time that morning and when it had risen to about 2 to 3 meters one of the blades detached and the drone dropped to the ground. While the drone appeared to be reasonably OK one of the landing gear / legs had snapped. It would appear that the small cable connector may have a corner broken off so I would not consider that it could be reused. It was quite gusty and this may have weakened the blade attachment point. The attachment point on the motor appeares OK. Unfortunately I could not find the blade,

I sent the drone to Drone Doctor but was advised that the drone was 'too old and could not be repaired'. I have been searching the internet for a replacement leg without success. While I would prefer a black leg, could a leg for a Phantom 3 or Phantom 4 be fitted as an alternative. I appreciate that there is cable located within the leg so would this function identically or is there a slight difference.

Alternatively, can you recommend another UK DJI recommended repair operator who will have Phantom 4 / Obsidian spares and will be able to repair the leg.

4-14 12:31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. As electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. In order to continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies. Therefore, we have decided to stop providing support services for the Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian and its accessories starting on July 1, 2023. We're sorry that the services for this product have been suspended currently and relevant technical support and after-sales repair services cannot be provided. We appreciate your understanding.
4-14 18:57
Use props
APIMan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26266 ft

United Kingdom

Hi,

I appreciate that you have ended support for Phantom 4 drones as per your standard message which you repeatedly print. I have only been operating the Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian for a few years and found it an excellent drone.

My question was if the legs and the incorporated aerial was common to other Phantom 3 or 4 drones. I have both which I rarely use so I could canibalise one to keep the Obsidian continue to be flown.

I would appreciate a proper answer rather than the standard 'does not compute' or should I take my business to another supplier who can communicate!

Look forward to a real answer.

Regards,

APIMan
4-15 03:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules