P3 pro firmware update RC/app issue
1467 12 2015-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stang7tl
lvl.1

United States

I just got a p3 Pro for my 30th birthday, right after getting it and setting it up the 9/7 update came out. I got the drone upated without a problem it says no update for the RC but then I start up everything and the app says RC is in need of a update? and to us a usb drive. I put the usb stick in and tried to update but it just stays red then when I read the txt file it says the rc is either up to date with current driver on sd.
WHAT TO DO???
Does anyone know what firmware comes on the drone if it was just purchased sept 1st?

FYI this is my first Phantom
2015-9-13
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

go to the app click on the ... dots in the right top corner then click on about and tell us what it say for f. both rc and p3 need to be on
2015-9-13
Use props
jmmiller067
New

United States

I am having the exact same issue as reported above.  When attempting to update the remote the beeping occurs and ends but the txt file reads:
==========2015.09.13 12:15:56==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin,
Result: Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.

However the DJI GO app indicates that the RC needs to be updated.

Please advise.

Regards,
John
2015-9-13
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

jmmiller067@gma Posted at 2015-9-14 02:29
I am having the exact same issue as reported above.  When attempting to update the remote the beepin ...

see my post above urs
2015-9-13
Use props
kim.grotan
lvl.1

Norway

I think you have to update your rc with a usb with the 1.3.2 FW
2015-9-13
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

FIRST find out what FW you have on rc before trying to update!! if you have 132 on rc then that is the latest fw for rc
2015-9-13
Use props
stang7tl
lvl.1

United States

Rc is 1.1.8 so I understand I will have to upgrade that to 1.3.2 can I update right to that or do I have to update firmware in order on the drone I just updated to 1.4.0
2015-9-13
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

stang7tl Posted at 2015-9-13 17:38
Rc is 1.1.8 so I understand I will have to upgrade that to 1.3.2 can I update right to that or do I  ...

If u have revision A rc. U need to update to 132 via sun thumb drive.
If u have rev B you may be able to do it via the dji go app
2015-9-13
Use props
stang7tl
lvl.1

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-14 05:43
If u have revision A rc. U need to update to 132 via sun thumb drive.
If u have rev B you may be a ...

I'll use the usb what does rev A or B? Sorry brand new to this
2015-9-13
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

stang7tl Posted at 2015-9-13 18:06
I'll use the usb what does rev A or B? Sorry brand new to this

Look on the back of rc, there is some writings there. Look for model #. If there is an A or B
2015-9-13
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Model 300A or model 300B
2015-9-13
Use props
eflwong.yahoo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9915 ft
Australia

I have just received my P3 Pro today (Perth, Australia). Remote controller is Model GL 300A and aircraft model is W323.
I have already installed DJI Go app on my iPhone 5S several days ago in anticipation of this. Do I still need to update the firmware before my first flight ?
2015-9-14
Use props
rickyram
lvl.1

Mexico

I have 22 days with my DJI P3A, it was working great¡¡¡¡......until i made the last upgrade with the P3A, and the APP (ipad and android) automatic did an upgrade....this was the beginning of the big trouble. When i power on the RC and then the P3A, the APP don´t show video signal , there is a "No signal" red sign, and don´t recognize the firmware of the RC, it has to be upgraded one, two, any times that you can imagine and still doesn't work.
I have the GL300B RC, it doesn`t let me upgrade from the USB, only from the APP

I have some options....
1. wait until DJI make fixes on the last FW of the P3A and RC
2. wait until DJI make fixes in the APP ( so it can work recognizing the RC firmware)
3. talk AGAIN with the online support.( they said that is the RC and i have to return it for repair, i told the person that if that is the problem, they are going to receive a LOT of RC, because a lot of people is having trouble with this...)
4. Try something different that some one NORMAL like me can tell me in the forums

People from DJI....PLEASE, DON`T MAKE ANY MODIFICATION AT THE FIRMWARE UNTIL YOU ARE SURE THAT IT WORKS PERFECTLY....I MEAN....PERFECTLY....and please...MAKE CORRECTIONS TO THE APP....IT DOESN`T WORK WITH THE GL300B RC...

i`ll be wanting from any help.
2015-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules