217 31 4-17 03:18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Another hike that ends with a crash and starts with the storks: The Echo Meadow itself is a NFZ so it's flying next to it. A couple of lines near Straßberg end in an unseen profusion of gras and water next to it - afterwards the drone would fly but the O3 didn't work so no video feed and no more recording...

Drone: Flywoo Explorer 4 LR (DJI O3)

Pianoforte background | I Feel Alive by Alex-Productions |
youtu.be/fTghi6CmQso
Music promoted by http://onsound.eu/

4-17 03:18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lovely views Depp.   Nice flying, right up until the crash at the end.  
4-17 04:10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice flight Depp,    what are you using to get your footage so smooth?  Gyroflow?
4-17 05:21
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5045167 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice flying. The crashes are what keep me from FPV.
4-17 05:27
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-17 04:10
Lovely views Depp.   Nice flying, right up until the crash at the end.

Thanks, Downtown! Yep, that's just my own stupidity - gladly no lasting damage.
4-17 06:01
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-17 05:21
Nice flight Depp,    what are you using to get your footage so smooth?  Gyroflow?

Thanks, DA.
Yes, I use Gyroflow on all footage of the DJI O3 (and earlier the Avata). It's not perfect, I much prefer Reelsteady but that only works on GoPro footage.
4-17 06:02
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

BetterBizTech Posted at 4-17 05:27
Nice flying. The crashes are what keep me from FPV.

Thanks.
Well, you don't have to crash. But with fpv we like to fly low and a bit reckless. It really depends on what you want and how much you push yourself.
Here the crash wouldn't have done anything if the O3 hadn't gotten wet. Worked alright the next day...
4-17 06:04
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 4-17 06:02
Thanks, DA.
Yes, I use Gyroflow on all footage of the DJI O3 (and earlier the Avata). It's not perfect, I much prefer Reelsteady but that only works on GoPro footage.

Have you tried RockSteady or Horizon steady or perhaps they are not on the older models?
4-17 06:26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 4-17 06:01
Thanks, Downtown! Yep, that's just my own stupidity - gladly no lasting damage.

You're very welcome.  Any crash that we can overcome is just a lesson learned.  
4-17 06:53
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great, until the end   You may get some competition now that David has entered the FPV scene
4-17 07:41
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-17 06:26
Have you tried RockSteady or Horizon steady or perhaps they are not on the older models?

No, I haven't: I don't like horizon steady as I think it's unnatural on an fpv drone.
And I suspect that Rocksteady has less to work on than the stuff in post as Gyroflow can go back and forth further to find the movement.
4-17 08:16
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-17 06:53
You're very welcome.  Any crash that we can overcome is just a lesson learned.

Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Blériot53 Posted at 4-17 07:41
Great, until the end   You may get some competition now that David has entered the FPV scene

Thanks. The obligatory crash... Yes, we'll see how he approaches things.
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 4-17 08:16
No, I haven't: I don't like horizon steady as I think it's unnatural on an fpv drone.
And I suspect that Rocksteady has less to work on than the stuff in post as Gyroflow can go back and forth further to find the movement.

I think I'll have to add both to me list of things to test then.
4-17 23:02
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I took your input on trying to fly a friend's FPV to see if anything changed with my dizziness/vertigo feeling.    Unfortunately, it still occurs.  I think it absolutely has something to do with the goggles.  Years back I had the same effect while wearing night vision goggles.  Anyway, I appreciate you encouraging me to give it another try.  Hope you are having a great week.
4-18 03:44
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-17 23:02
I think I'll have to add both to me list of things to test then.

That's a good idea: see for yourself.
4-18 04:25
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-18 03:44
I took your input on trying to fly a friend's FPV to see if anything changed with my dizziness/vertigo feeling.    Unfortunately, it still occurs.  I think it absolutely has something to do with the goggles.  Years back I had the same effect while wearing night vision goggles.  Anyway, I appreciate you encouraging me to give it another try.  Hope you are having a great week.

That's a bummer! Only way then is with a screen or in a simulator.
My week's just fine, thanks. Hope yours as well.
4-18 04:26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 4-18 04:26
That's a bummer! Only way then is with a screen or in a simulator.
My week's just fine, thanks. Hope yours as well.

Absolutely right about that.  I can watch FPV drives and rips all day on a screen and it has no effect on me whatsoever but as soon as I put on the goggles my world starts to spin.

Preparing for a scuba dive on a man made reef.  They stripped out a bunch of buses and sunk them side by side about 6 years ago.  I've heard there is a lot of marine life living in them so should be an interesting dive.  Although, bull nose sharks have been noted to haunt that location.  Oh well, I always take my spear gun and long knife with me while diving.  
4-18 04:50
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567024 ft
United Kingdom

It’s great to watch the speed you fly at and how close to the ground and trees you are it’s almost stunt flying-brilliant shame about the crash
4-18 06:18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 4-18 04:25
That's a good idea: see for yourself.

I just tried rock steady but its done some weird things with focus,   Its posted under bluebell woods.   Just rendering a flight with gyro flow and that was interesting to see how much is straighten things.  
4-18 21:31
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-18 04:50
Absolutely right about that.  I can watch FPV drives and rips all day on a screen and it has no effect on me whatsoever but as soon as I put on the goggles my world starts to spin.

Preparing for a scuba dive on a man made reef.  They stripped out a bunch of buses and sunk them side by side about 6 years ago.  I've heard there is a lot of marine life living in them so should be an interesting dive.  Although, bull nose sharks have been noted to haunt that location.  Oh well, I always take my spear gun and long knife with me while diving.

Have great dive and come back with some pics!
4-18 21:56
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Codgerzh2 Posted at 4-18 06:18
It’s great to watch the speed you fly at and how close to the ground and trees you are it’s almost stunt flying-brilliant shame about the crash

Thanks! Always fun to fly low and close but it has its dangers.
The crash didn't damage anything, just got the Air Unit wet and it wouldn't work for the rest of the day...
4-18 21:57
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-18 21:31
I just tried rock steady but its done some weird things with focus,   Its posted under bluebell woods.   Just rendering a flight with gyro flow and that was interesting to see how much is straighten things.

4-18 21:57
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 4-18 21:56
Have great dive and come back with some pics!

I'd like to but I haven't replaced my GoPro11 yet. That's the one that came untied from my belt when I was diving the Blue Hole in the Bahamas and sank to well over 200 meters.  At that depth it was not recoverable, at least not by me.  
4-19 07:50
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-19 07:50
I'd like to but I haven't replaced my GoPro11 yet. That's the one that came untied from my belt when I was diving the Blue Hole in the Bahamas and sank to well over 200 meters.  At that depth it was not recoverable, at least not by me.

Bummer. You probably have tons of DJI points to get an Action 4...
4-19 08:06
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 4-19 08:06
Bummer. You probably have tons of DJI points to get an Action 4...

One of my dive buddies has both the OA3 and OA4 and he doesn't like the lack of quality of either of them for underwater footage.  I'm probably going to go back to a GoPro and get the 12.

The company that he does commercial underwater photography for has a Hasselblad H6D-400c MS.  The quality product that you get from that camera is unsurpassed.  He can only use it for work and said no way could he afford it for personal use.  He is currently using a Sony A7R V with a Marelux Underwater Housing.  That set-up is a bit more than what I want to pay.  
4-19 08:41
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-19 08:41
One of my dive buddies has both the OA3 and OA4 and he doesn't like the lack of quality of either of them for underwater footage.  I'm probably going to go back to a GoPro and get the 12.

The company that he does commercial underwater photography for has a Hasselblad H6D-400c MS.  The quality product that you get from that camera is unsurpassed.  He can only use it for work and said no way could he afford it for personal use.  He is currently using a Sony A7R V with a Marelux Underwater Housing.  That set-up is a bit more than what I want to pay.

Interesting.
I once saw a comparison of A4 and GP12 and in the water they were pretty comparable. Not my forte anyway.
It's not just a question of price but of usability I guess: Much easier to have a small action cam than a big rig in a housing...
4-19 22:44
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 4-19 22:44
Interesting.
I once saw a comparison of A4 and GP12 and in the water they were pretty comparable. Not my forte anyway.
It's not just a question of price but of usability I guess: Much easier to have a small action cam than a big rig in a housing...

Smaller is better when carrying extra things on dives.  So maybe I need to rethink the OA4.  
4-20 03:48
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-20 03:48
Smaller is better when carrying extra things on dives.  So maybe I need to rethink the OA4.

Can you send it back if you don't like it during the first say 14 days? That's the law in Europe and very useful. Of course I don't know how much it shows when it's treated to salt water...
4-20 03:59
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 4-20 03:59
Can you send it back if you don't like it during the first say 14 days? That's the law in Europe and very useful. Of course I don't know how much it shows when it's treated to salt water...

10 day return policy.  I've seen a couple or used ones for sale so I might try that.
4-20 04:19
Use props
MBDS
lvl.2

Germany

Nice flight my friend.   
4-23 07:13
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>