Had a little oopsie
356 14 4-19 06:26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SurveyorDJI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1659226 ft
United States

So, my Mini 3 Pro experienced an anomaly when, coming down from altitude, it bounced off the ground, rolled a bit, and returned to the air. After a few seconds of unsteadiness, it was fine, and was landed immediately. There was no recordings of the incident. Any info why? There was moisture in the air.

Flight stats:
Max altitude 500 m
Bit colder in the air, not cold enough to frost

4-19 06:26
Use props
SurveyorDJI
lvl.4
United States

Possible cause?
4-19 16:17
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

My magic 8 ball says:  "Most Likely"

I hope that helped...

If not, we need you to follow the the usual procedure of uploading the file and let someone take a look at it...
4-19 20:33
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Post the fight log if you want help.
4-19 22:48
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Since the unit experienced a crash, I'm afraid that you may consider sending in the unit for proper diagnostics and for us to identify the main cause of the incident further. You may create an online repair case using this link https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index . The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
4-19 23:24
Use props
SurveyorDJI
lvl.4
United States

It was a one-off issue.
4-20 07:26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The answer to why this happened may lie in the flight logs, if you wish to find the reason then post the flight log.
Your existing brief description is not much help.
What does "rolled" mean anyhow ?
4-20 07:56
Use props
SurveyorDJI
lvl.4
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-19 22:48
Post the fight log if you want help.

Still don't know how to
4-20 08:24
Use props
SurveyorDJI
lvl.4
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-20 07:56
The answer to why this happened may lie in the flight logs, if you wish to find the reason then post the flight log.
Your existing brief description is not much help.
What does "rolled" mean anyhow ?

It drug itself about 6 inches along the ground after impact under engine power. Still don't know how to upload flight record. Landing in sport mode, which usually works
4-20 09:21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The log will be on the screen device, be that a phone or the controller.

Have a look at the instructions on https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
Retrieve the log and upload it to either that site or airdata .
If you use phantom help post the resulting URL here.
If you use airdata make the log shareable and post its URL here.
You could also have a look for the relevant DAT, in the folder named MCDatFLightRecords and upload that DAT  to a file hosting website, make its page public and post its URL here. There is a chance the DAT might be readable.
4-20 10:35
Use props
SurveyorDJI
lvl.4
United States

Trying to figure out...
0:08= ascent begins
2:12= reaches 500 m
2:23= begins descent
4:07 or 4:23= impact and various events
5:06= landing
4-20 16:36
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

I'd suggest don't land in sport mode after flying in moist air, or any other air for that matter, lol. If the bottom sensor is fogged over, its not nessesarily going to stop before it hits the ground. Dry it out good and try a couple test take off and landing's over a soft surface, in cine mode, and go slow.

The only thing sport mode is going to aid on landing is turning off the front and rear collision avoidance so far as I'm aware. People sometimes use that to hand launch and land, a you can get close to the drone rather than reaching up under it, but its not nessesary, a little patience works too without the bouncing off the ground trick

4-20 19:12
Use props
SurveyorDJI
lvl.4
United States

Manitobahunter Posted at 4-20 19:12
I'd suggest don't land in sport mode after flying in moist air, or any other air for that matter, lol. If the bottom sensor is fogged over, its not nessesarily going to stop before it hits the ground. Dry it out good and try a couple test take off and landing's over a soft surface, in cine mode, and go slow.

The only thing sport mode is going to aid on landing is turning off the front and rear collision avoidance so far as I'm aware. People sometimes use that to hand launch and land, a you can get close to the side of the drone ather than reaching up under it, but its not nessesary, a little patience works too without the bouncing off the ground trick

Did same flight profile in same mode, actually worked.
4-20 20:06
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SurveyorDJI Posted at 4-20 16:36
Trying to figure out...
0:08= ascent begins
2:12= reaches 500 m

That's no use, what is needed are the original logs.
4-20 20:59
Use props
SurveyorDJI
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for guiding me, still trying to get log to computer
4-21 18:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules