V-E-R-Y SLOW SPEED FLYING BACKWARDS
289 7 4-19 11:10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Col F
lvl.2
United States

Have others also discovered that when flying backwards using the Motion Controller 3 the trigger has a very limited range of motion when being pushed forward (for reverse flight), and the backwards flight speed in "Normal" Mode is limited to approximately 2 MPH?
4-19 11:10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14588274 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can change directional speed settings in the gains section of the app but be sure to know what your doing in there before making any changes. I think reverse is just for backing up if you get a lttle too close in the angle to the obstacle in front. Remember the back sensor is not obstacle avoidance.  
4-19 11:13
Use props
Col F
lvl.2
United States

A J Posted at 4-19 11:13
You can change directional speed settings in the gains section of the app but be sure to know what your doing in there before making any changes. I think reverse is just for backing up if you get a lttle too close in the angle to the obstacle in front. Remember the back sensor is not obstacle avoidance.

Thanks.  I have not discovered that section of the app or those settings for directional speed.

I appreciate the risk of flying backwards (i.e., "blind"), but just thought that the apparent "speed limit" that I discovered was severe.  I liken flying in reverse to capture the unique video effect, as being somewhat equivalent to flying sweeps, orbits and similar maneuvers using Head Tracking while flying the drone in a different direction from the camera subject.  I rely on my spotter to help ensure that I am not about to collide with a nearby fixed object.
4-19 11:29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14588274 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Col F Posted at 4-19 11:29
Thanks.  I have not discovered that section of the app or those settings for directional speed.

I appreciate the risk of flying backwards (i.e., "blind"), but just thought that the apparent "speed limit" that I discovered was severe.  I liken flying in reverse to capture the unique video effect, as being somewhat equivalent to flying sweeps, orbits and similar maneuvers using Head Tracking while flying the drone in a different direction from the camera subject.  I rely on my spotter to help ensure that I am not about to collide with a nearby fixed object.

I agree - 2mph in any direction is very slow to put it mildly. Check out the gains but take care.
4-19 11:37
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 818248 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Lol, that's another C1 EASA limitation??
4-19 11:52
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 6260171 ft
  • >>>
United States

if the wind is blowing hard enough, how do you back up at only 2mph; that's way too slow.
4-19 11:57
Use props
Dirty Bird
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

Go into the controller settings in the goggles & you can alter the Motion Controller speeds.  By default the reverse & 4-way stick speeds are very slow.
4-19 14:36
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, the backward speed can be adjusted through 'Settings'-'Control'-''Motion Controller'-'Gain Tuning'.
4-22 22:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules