Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
N0s3b0n3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 268766 ft
  • >>>
France

Is anyone facing the same issue?
I'm using an Anker 737 power core (24k) to charge the Avata 2 battery using the dji provided usb-c cable and the power bank displays a Low Voltage Warning message and shuts down the charge immediately.
Using a usb-a cable works but as this port is limited to 12v - 1.5A it takes aaaaages.

The usb-c port output is as follow: 5V=3A / 9V=3A / 15V=3A / 20V=5A / 28V=5A  (140W Max)

Incompatibility issue? cable issue? note that I don't have this problem with the Mini 4 pro or the Mavic 3 batteries

If anyone has got any info that would be appreciated

Thanks!

4-20 00:50
Use props
aoe2paladin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1823077 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a known issue with some Anker products that appears to stem from not supporting 12V output OR some funky charging algorithm by DJI.  See device specs below:

Anker 737 Battery Bank
USB-C 5V-3A / 9V-3A / 15V-3A / 20V-5A / 28V-5A
USB-A 5V-3A / 9V-2A / 12V-1.5A

AVATA 1 Chargers (hub / single)
5V-3A / 9V-5A / 12V-3A / 15V-3A / 20V-2.25A

AVATA 2 Charger
5V / 9V / 12V / 15V / 20V-3A

Mini 3 Pro Charger
5V-3A / 9V-3A / 12V-3A

See Anker's response to this issue when reported on the DJI Mini 3 Pro
--------
Q4:  The UVP warning appears when charging a DJI Mini 3 Pro.
A4: Please know that our engineers have done a lot of tests on the DJI Mini 3 Pro. And here are our findings.
1. DJI's Charging Dock states that it supports power input 5V==3A,9V==3A, and 12V==3A, but our power bank cannot support 12V==3A. So the DJI charging dock will negotiate the power input with our power bank at 9V.
2. But when we connect the DJI charging dock to our power bank, we find that the dock only asks for 9V==2A at the first, so our power bank only gives 9V==2A. That's why you will find the real output hovers around 18W. But sometimes the dock doesn't comply with the agreement, he asked for 9V=2A first but then compulsively drew 3A from our device, thus the voltage our device can finally give will be lower than 9V (because the total needs our power bank received at the very first is 9V/2A=18W, if 3A is drawn, then theoretically the final voltage will be 18W/3A=6V). Therefore, the UVP Low voltage warning will appear.
3. We also test the charging dock with some of our 9V/3A chargers (who also do not support 12V), and the testing results are also the same. So it seems that the charging dock's charging ability at 9V=3A has some unknown problems. Regarding this point, maybe you can also try some 9V/3A chargers (that do not support 12V) to see whether you can get the same results as ours, or you can also have a further discussion with DJ later.
4. We find that the charging dock's charging ability at 12V performs well. When it is charged with a 12V charger or power bank, there will be no charging issues. Therefore, our engineer will improve our power bank and add the charging ability at 12V in the near future, which should help to be better compatible with the DJI Mini 3 Pro.
----------
The Avata 1 charging hub never had any issues with the Anker 737 and charged at full speed / specification.

The Mini 3 Pro charging dock sometimes charges via the battery bank and sometimes randomly stops charging, but doesn't display an UVP error.  I find that even when it does charge, it is not at full speed / specification of the carging dock.  It can charge the battery directly in the aircraft with no issues, although maybe at slower speeds.

The Avata 2 charging dock acts the same way as the Mini 3 Pro charging dock above.  Whether it works or not all depends on what voltage / wattage the charging dock requests from the battery bank.  Unusual as it is, I have more success in using the USB-C2 port versus the C1 port.  

The newer Anker Prime 27,650mAh USB-C ports do support 12V charging, but only at a measily 1.5A.
4-20 10:55
Use props
N0s3b0n3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 268766 ft
  • >>>
France

aoe2paladin Posted at 4-20 10:55
This is a known issue with some Anker products that appears to stem from not supporting 12V output OR some funky charging algorithm by DJI.  See device specs below:

Anker 737 Battery Bank

Thank you so much for the info and yeah, I had read the exact same Anker post about the mini 3 pro while looking for answers on the web.
I also tried usb-c2 port and no luck…
also I was actually charging directly to the aircraft, I’ll try the C2 port with the avata 2 charging hub.
Next step might be that I’ll invest in a DJI charging station!
4-20 13:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules