goggle v2 faulty display -ribbon
252 11 4-21 09:05
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Baatory Stefan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi. Ive got myself a dji goggle v2 and left display isnt working. I took it apart and narrowed it down to lcd ribbon being faulty. It is odd as this is not moving part. Swapping ribbon from right screen fixes the issue. Anyway, I need a new ribbon. Anyone knows where and how to buy it? It seems a shame not being able to fix such a simple issue
4-21 09:05
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

Is this what you're looking for?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/296270056753

U.S. seller.  I couldn't find anything on Aliexpress.
4-21 18:03
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. We highly suggest sending the unit back to DJI for checking. You can submit a repair request here (https://www.dji.com/global/support). Have a nice day ahead.
4-21 19:46
Use props
Baatory Stefan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

The Duck Posted at 4-21 18:03
Is this what you're looking for?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/296270056753

It looks exactly like it. I'm trying to figure out how to buy it now
4-21 23:09
Use props
Baatory Stefan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 4-21 19:46
Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. We highly suggest sending the unit back to DJI for checking. You can submit a repair request here (https://www.dji.com/global/support). Have a nice day ahead.

Hi Tony. Can I send faulty ribbon to get repaired one or replaced? Pointless to send whole unit
4-21 23:10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Baatory Stefan Posted at 4-21 23:10
Hi Tony. Can I send faulty ribbon to get repaired one or replaced? Pointless to send whole unit

Hello Baatory Stefan. Unfortunately, it needs to be the whole unit. If you're interested in checking the "Accessory Price Inquiry" you may use this link: https://service.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry. Have a nice day.
4-23 02:12
Use props
Baatory Stefan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi. I've contacted technical support and they've informed me that they do not sell internal components as they don't want people to tinker with equipment (not exact words). A bit sad as I think its great if people take an interest how its done and I have to say that quality of internal components used by dji is really high.
Anyway, I've managed to get parts I need from cloud city drones. They're very friendly and helpful. A bit of a shame I couldn't get it from DJI
4-23 23:45
Use props
Baatory Stefan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Baatory Stefan Posted at 4-21 23:09
It looks exactly like it. I'm trying to figure out how to buy it now

Thank You. Couldn't buy it through ebay to ship to uk but they're very helpful when contacted through their shop and part should be with me in a couple of days. It's clearly a rare quality issue with original ribbon, probably underbaked solder, and it's a shame I couldn't just buy replacement from them. Dji did propose I send the whole unit but I would have to cover shipping cost and wait for results of their diagnosis for pricing.
4-23 23:49
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Baatory Stefan Posted at 4-23 23:45
Hi. I've contacted technical support and they've informed me that they do not sell internal components as they don't want people to tinker with equipment (not exact words). A bit sad as I think its great if people take an interest how its done and I have to say that quality of internal components used by dji is really high.
Anyway, I've managed to get parts I need from cloud city drones. They're very friendly and helpful. A bit of a shame I couldn't get it from DJI

I understand. That is correct, we don't recommend dismantling or self-repair for warranty and flight safety reasons. But, I'm glad you already got the parts you are looking for. Still, we suggest sending it back for thorough checking. I will forward your feedback to the relevant team. Have a great day ahead.
4-24 00:37
Use props
Baatory Stefan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Don't get me wrong. I totally understand that to keep DJI well earned reputation for reliable and safe equipment You have to discourage self repair by user. I just wish that there would be a way to be recognised as someone who has skills and knowledge to be allowed parts etc even signing some sort of waiver or something that this is only to be used to conduct experiments and test. Possibly  with parts laser marked as such as well.
Probably never gonna happen good day to You all
4-24 00:44
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

Baatory Stefan Posted at 4-23 23:49
Thank You. Couldn't buy it through ebay to ship to uk but they're very helpful when contacted through their shop and part should be with me in a couple of days. It's clearly a rare quality issue with original ribbon, probably underbaked solder, and it's a shame I couldn't just buy replacement from them. Dji did propose I send the whole unit but I would have to cover shipping cost and wait for results of their diagnosis for pricing.

Sometimes it's just easier to DIY.  I'm glad you were able to at least get the part through a third party, and I hope that fixes the problem with your Goggles.
4-25 09:27
Use props
Baatory Stefan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Part arrived, goggles fixed! I'm over the moon with the result I can highly recommend Cloud City Drones. US based but posted to UK very quickly and were very helpful
4-29 13:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules