SMS code to unlock Authorization Zone
122 5 4-21 13:01
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Canada John
lvl.1
Canada

HI.

I've just been going through the on-line process to get permission to fly in an "Authorization Zone". (Just want to be able to learn how to use the Mini 4 I just bought in my back yard. I'm at the edge of an airflight restricted zone.) At one point after inserting my phone number I was told I'd receive a SMS Code. As far as I can tell that is something that would be texted. Trouble is mine is a land line - no texting funcions. I've run into this problem before with my bank, who will send out authorization codes when I try to log into my account. Only thing here is that the bank acknowledges that not everybody texts and for that reason they have a phone option. That is, when I try to log into my account I will get a phone call giving me a verification code. Is there anything like that available through DJI? Can they phone or better yet e-mail me that code. I'd like to experiment with my new drone in my back yard before takkng it afield.

Thanks
John

4-21 13:01
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Friendly word of warning, John.

Unlocking a zone in the DJI Fly app does not give you permission tomfly in a restricted zone. Only your local aviation authority or the controller of the restricted zone can do that.

All you are doing in the DJI Fly app is telling the app that you have received authorisation to fly in that area from the appropriate authority so as to unlock the area in the app in order to be able to take off.

DJI do not have the authority to allow you to fly in restricted areas simply by unlocking in the app.

I hope that makes.sense - it's a very common misconception because of how it is presented in the Fly app.
4-21 13:52
Use props
Canada John
lvl.1
Canada

No Original Thought Posted at 4-21 13:52
Friendly word of warning, John.

Unlocking a zone in the DJI Fly app does not give you permission tomfly in a restricted zone. Only your local aviation authority or the controller of the restricted zone can do that.

Thanks very much for that clarification. I had rather wondered how DJI could do that. How then, I wonder, do you take that first step in contacting the aviation authority. I'm here in Canada and have absolutely no idea what the name of the agency I'd contact would be.
4-21 14:41
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Canada John. Sorry about the trouble. This function is not available yet but we will consider this as a suggestion and get this forwarded to the relevant team for evaluation. In the meantime, let me help you create an unlocking license. Can you please provide me with the following?
1、DJI Email account
2、Flight Controller Serial Number
3、Latitude and longitude, radius, height.
4、Approval(If you need to unlock the red zone)
Please send it through Personal message for your privacy. Thank you.
4-21 19:26
Use props
harweyko
lvl.3
Flight distance : 605207 ft

Slovakia

seems there is an app and also a page called NAV Drone, where you can request authorization to fly in restricted zones from Canadian transport agency
https://www.navcanada.ca/en/flig ... light-planning.aspx
https://portal.navdrone.ca
4-22 04:00
Use props
Canada John
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks for the replies. Think at this moment that I'll by-pass the complicated authorization route. Found a park a short distance from my home that is not in a restricted area so will go there to get comfortable with flying the drone. My biggest challenge it turns out is waiting for the wind to die down.
4-23 06:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules