Newbie here! with quesitons!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kriscabrera
New

United States

Hey guys i just purchased a phantom 1 from a freind, i actually worked my way up from little drones to practive up the this one. I got her updated and running well, I do have some upgrade questions,

What would be the advantage of getting the mini iosd?

Also i want to get the 9443 props for it as well i have been reading the give a bit more flight time and are more stable, but do i need new motors?

I also plan on getting the Zenmuse h3-3d gimbal i imagine i need a new board?? the upgrade board that dji sells??

Thanks in advanced!

2015-9-13
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

The mini iOSD is only useful if you have FPV through your camera. It gives you a heads up display with on-screen information. Like your speed and the percentage of battery you have , stuff like that.
If you have FPV set up I highly recommend it.

I also highly recommend the 9443 props, you do not need new motors to use those props.

Yes you will need to upgrade board.

Dave
2015-9-13
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

The 9443 props are self tightening and the motors need to have both clockwise and counter clockwise threads.

The original Phantom 1 motors had clockwise threads. It wasn't until the release of the Phantom 1.1 that they used motors, with clockwise and counterclockwise threads, that could use the self tightening 9443 props.

Regards

Nidge
2015-9-14
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The thrust upgrade props are well worth the investment. Just make sure you get a set of genuine ones.
2015-9-14
Use props
kriscabrera
New

United States

awesome guys thanks! def gonna get those props, my phantom does have counter and clockwise threads. The plastic ones i hear are better than CF
2015-9-14
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, stick with gen plastic props. There are around £20/$25 at pair
2015-9-15
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

+1 for Shady's advice. The DJI re-enforced plastic props are actually very good. I bought quite a few sets when they first released them and I'm still on the first set that I fitted. Also out of all the sets I purchased not one prop needed balancing.
Regards
Nidge
2015-9-18
Use props
robertparkhurst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I would buy a prop balancer not all props are created equal no matter were you buy them
2015-9-20
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Nidge Posted at 2015-9-14 02:14
The 9443 props are self tightening and the motors need to have both clockwise and counter clockwis ...

True, it has been so long ago that I had an original P1.
2015-9-25
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

kriscabrera Posted at 2015-9-14 14:38
awesome guys thanks! def gonna get those props, my phantom does have counter and clockwise threads.  ...

Good to hear you have a newer version of the P1. You will like the 9443 props.

I would just stick to the plastic ones if I were you.

Dave
2015-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules