242 10 4-23 05:46
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AtortAloha
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1330479 ft
  • >>>
United States

So was getting to know this new Avata 2 and flying indoors.  I was practicing flying through chair openings and more and then said let me fly though my legs.  I did it a few times no issues and then another time it flew through and latched onto my leg and really sliced it up!  I had no clue and thought was safe due to prop guards.  Apparently a fellow YouTuber explained that these cinewhoops style drones when it was directly under my legs it created a sort of vacuum effect and got sucked onto my leg.  He also said if I were going faster through probably wouldn’t have happened.  So it rotated onto my leg and took of flesh I wish DJI would make this more of a known to people totally new to these.  Of course I know props can slice but not normally with prop guards.  
4-23 05:46
Use props
AtortAloha
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

4-23 05:48
Use props
AlSo-Fotografie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 423907 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I feel sorry for you
I hope this heals quickly.

For the next time put some foam material on your prob`s. The impact will be softer
4-23 06:06
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry to read this. May we know if you treat the wound immediately?
Please take care of that and pay attention to the flight environment when using it.
We hope each user can fly the drone safely.
4-23 06:20
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, now you know.
4-23 06:29
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915554 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

First of all, that's an artificial wound, it definitely didn't "take flesh off"

Second, there's literally a warning sticker on the drone about NOT touching the air intake. If you can't apply common sense, maybe try reading next time.
4-23 06:47
Use props
AtortAloha
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fichek Posted at 4-23 06:47
First of all, that's an artificial wound, it definitely didn't "take flesh off"

Second, there's literally a warning sticker on the drone about NOT touching the air intake. If you can't apply common sense, maybe try reading next time.

I didn't touch any air intakes they touched me!  
4-23 06:49
Use props
SurveyorDJI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1635784 ft
United States

Delete this reply
4-23 17:58
Use props
GTHero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1832372 ft
Australia

That would have been highly unpleasant - thanks for the warning.
Yes, there's a vacuum above the drone.  Fly it too close to the ceiling or the underside of anything and, depending on your momentum and angle of flight, it'll rise up to fill that vacuum.
4-23 18:10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good warning there,  mine came with a sticker also with this warning.
4-23 22:27
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Noticed the sticker on unboxing. Leaving it on. Only time I fly ANY drone near me is during hand launching or landing. Flying something quickly near my  body (or anybody else's) is a 'no no' situation for me.
4-24 01:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules