Mavic 2 pro and Dji GO 4
258 7 4-24 18:41
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sterk03
lvl.2
United States

Can someone tell me the ways you can verify that the RID is actually broadcasting and your legal to take off? Spent hours with support on RID and the staff had no answers.
DJI put out a faq for RID and it had 3 ways of identifying if RID but unable to find on GO 4 where they were looking at to find the info. No real step by step?
Tried all 3 ways they published but none showed what they advertised and the chat support were clueless?  Any info is greatly appreciated.
Sterk03
4-24 18:41
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi! You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.  That is way more active.    -   https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html
4-25 00:24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. About the support experience, we will forward it to our related teams.

After upgrading the Mavic 2 series/P4PV2.0 to the latest firmware (firmware that supports FAA RID), when used with the latest DJI GO 4 App, the RID serial number column will be displayed.
The path is: DJI GO 4 App - Image transmission page - Settings in the upper right corner - About - Remote ID serial number.
Would you please check and screenshot the page for us?
Also, please screenshot the app and firmware version for us if you can not find it.
Additionally, were there any error messages about RID when you using it?
4-25 04:18
Use props
Sterk03
lvl.2
United States

Hi Wanda:
Thanks for your response. Ok I will try to make this easy again. In your DJI.com web site your company published FAQ about RID. In section 8 of this list it gives several ways to show it is working/transmitting.
Again sometimes people who are familiar with the product or how to get to a certain screen skip steps because they know how to get there so all of the DJI instructions are not clear.  Having said that I have all the items you first stated. I have done all the updating I can on everything I can and I have the RID SN in the about section of the DJI GO 4 app on the controller.  OK I HAVE THAT......but that does not say it is transmitting or working as advertised and hence that is why DJI published how to check it if it is?  So I cannot find any of the 3 ways to check the transmission....I really don't think it is a easy as if it does not say don"t fly it is working?  According to DJI I am to go to the OVERALL STATUS page on the DJI GO 4 controller. I am to see a red triangle and the words Remote ID Function Normal  I cannot find this OVERALL STATUS page on my DJI GO 4 app that is my first question? Where is this page to see this message?  Then I am to use my cell phone and use WIFI  to view my RID transmitting like a internet WIFI signal...From what I hear this will not work with a Iphone only a Droid so if you have a Iphone it will not show anything? also the Drone Scanner will not show anything due to its Iphone which uses Bluetooth not Bluetooth and WIFI so that test will not work either.  I am just looking for other then the SN RID number listed there has to be a way to verify the signal is going out.  Online support at DJI had no clue this RID page existed and said what you are saying  which is fine by me but the internet is full of droners asking how do I test the signal is working????????  Does this help any, I'm just going  to fly it and if I get asked questions or have a problem then I'll just say DJI says I'm good to go. Its a bit frustrating when the builder cannot publish steps and procedures for this whole mess then the forums would not be filled with everyone asking how to get RID up and running.

Not your fault but a bit frustrating trying to get simple answers.
thanks
Sterk03

4-25 05:09
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Sterk03 Posted at 4-25 05:09
Hi Wanda:
Thanks for your response. Ok I will try to make this easy again. In your DJI.com web site your company published FAQ about RID. In section 8 of this list it gives several ways to show it is working/transmitting.
Again sometimes people who are familiar with the product or how to get to a certain screen skip steps because they know how to get there so all of the DJI instructions are not clear.  Having said that I have all the items you first stated. I have done all the updating I can on everything I can and I have the RID SN in the about section of the DJI GO 4 app on the controller.  OK I HAVE THAT......but that does not say it is transmitting or working as advertised and hence that is why DJI published how to check it if it is?  So I cannot find any of the 3 ways to check the transmission....I really don't think it is a easy as if it does not say don"t fly it is working?  According to DJI I am to go to the OVERALL STATUS page on the DJI GO 4 controller. I am to see a red triangle and the words Remote ID Function Normal  I cannot find this OVERALL STATUS page on my DJI GO 4 app that is my first question? Where is this page to see this message?  Then I am to use my cell phone and use WIFI  to view my RID transmitting like a internet WIFI signal...From what I hear this will not work with a Iphone only a Droid so if you have a Iphone it will not show anything? also the Drone Scanner will not show anything due to its Iphone which uses Bluetooth not Bluetooth and WIFI so that test will not work either.  I am just looking for other then the SN RID number listed there has to be a way to verify the signal is going out.  Online support at DJI had no clue this RID page existed and said what you are saying  which is fine by me but the internet is full of droners asking how do I test the signal is working????????  Does this help any, I'm just going  to fly it and if I get asked questions or have a problem then I'll just say DJI says I'm good to go. Its a bit frustrating when the builder cannot publish steps and procedures for this whole mess then the forums would not be filled with everyone asking how to get RID up and running.

Thank you for your detailed explanation of the issue.
About your questions, we will confirm with our engineers first.
We will update the answer here.
Note: Please click the Reply button so that we can receive the notification.
4-26 05:56
Use props
Sterk03
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-26 05:56
Thank you for your detailed explanation of the issue.
About your questions, we will confirm with our engineers first.
We will update the answer here.

Like drone scanner
4-26 07:29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Sterk03 Posted at 4-26 07:29
Like drone scanner

Noted. There will be a delay in the response because of the weekend.
Kindly understand that.
4-27 02:54
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Sterk03 Posted at 4-26 07:29
Like drone scanner

Update:
Please confirm whether you are in the USA, and then whether you check the status after it takes off.
Please check whether you open the GPS authorities of the app.
For the Wi-Fi, please switch on and off multiple times to check the network after it takes off.  
4-29 01:21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules