204 7 4-25 23:57
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am probably going to buy an Osme Action 4 but I think I read somewhere that the Horizon Balance setting cannot be used with the low light setting on. Anyone know if this is correct ?
4-25 23:57
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

24/25/30fps: only rs is possible, you can use a Gimbal

You have much more options with the Osmo Action 4 than with the 3
4-26 02:56
Use props
DJIGekko
New
Flight distance : 20030 ft
Germany

The horizontal balancing is only available in 1080p, 2.7K/16:9 and 4K/16:9 (all up to 60fps). At higher frame rates or aspect ratio 4:3 the mode is not available.
I recommend to use a manual shutter speed control. Choose I rate of 1/100 or quicker. At lower speeds there is indeed more light captured but the image stabilization has lot of problems to estimate the movement.

BTW, I you want to buy a new DJI cam with better low light capabilities I recommend the Osmo Pocket 3 which is far beyond the Action 4.
I own both and the difference is enormous. Moreover it's a fragile device and even not waterproof.

4-26 05:37
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJIGekko Posted at 4-26 05:37
The horizontal balancing is only available in 1080p, 2.7K/16:9 and 4K/16:9 (all up to 60fps). At higher frame rates or aspect ratio 4:3 the mode is not available.
I recommend to use a manual shutter speed control. Choose I rate of 1/100 or quicker. At lower speeds there is indeed more light captured but the image stabilization has lot of problems to estimate the movement.

I bought an Osmo Pocket and for what I do they are totally impractical. Try using one on a small boat and wondering where you are going to put it down. Mine has not seen the light of day for years
4-26 10:51
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

@bigplumbs: you may be happy with the Action 4 for your needs. I   go in to the Pro and I set my camera up to:

4K30F (no flicker) RS, the  HB is not needed I like Character. Dewarp on
Pro Audio (dji Mic 2) gain -4db sterio
EV-.07 about. Shutter 1/100-8000 (no jitters)
Sharpness -2, Vid Nosie redutction -1
AWB Auto.
I leave Auto Low light on, and Low light priority Off.

If I recall HB the Standard Dewarp is disabled.  most  my recent shots I did  are  by far better with it then seeing the jitters as well flares but nothing we can do about flares,  the thing here is the DJI mic 2 is 99.99 an excellent  option to have you can start and stop shutter recording on the Mic then  walking over and OOPS missed the catch.

thank you in advance for the thumbs down not to the poster
4-26 11:46
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. With Low-Light Image Enhancement enabled, the camera detects low-light environment automatically and adjusts exposure parameters intelligently to improve image quality. In this mode, the camera supports recording 1080p videos at 24/25/30 fps, 2.7k (16:9 & 4:3) videos at 24/25/30 fps with any of the EIS modes enabled, and 4k (16:9) videos at 24/25/30 fps with RockSteady enabled or EIS off. Please note that when at 4K resolution, if the "ultra-wide-angle" FOV is enabled, the "Low-Light Image Enhancement" feature is not supported. Hope this helps.

4-26 19:18
Use props
Anonymous1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 602303 ft

Jamaica

Fishycomics Posted at 4-26 11:46
@bigplumbs: you may be happy with the Action 4 for your needs. I   go in to the Pro and I set my camera up to:

4K30F (no flicker) RS, the  HB is not needed I like Character. Dewarp on

Why did you select the -4dB for the audio gain?  Aren't you losing all that headroom even if you have 32-bit float enabled?
4-26 20:03
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Anonymous1 Posted at 4-26 20:03
Why did you select the -4dB for the audio gain?  Aren't you losing all that headroom even if you have 32-bit float enabled?

I want to control my audio level to be  in the -12db when editing while it peaks about  -6db so -4db if I talk soft  works out but I also lowered down now up to -8db each person differs I talk loud for reasons, then whisper to a camera and I see  people in the distance turn around when  I talk in the Am hour , I am that loud   or they just got great Hearing. that is hte reason for me   thanks to the LOSER laughing their  but off for the down vote

4-27 15:44
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules