I drowned my 3PA in the sea
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
baronerosso
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1978228 ft
Italy

Hi everyone,
nice to continue to fly through your passionate posts while trying to solve my issue!

Unfortunately, do to my mistake, I drowned my P3A in sea water few weeks ago.

I recovered it after few miutes (it was 10 meter deep) took off the battery (which of corse it's over), deeply washed with fresh water and dried the copter (10 days all covered with rice).

I then opened the bird/gimbal and tried to clean as much as I could all the components (I used a contact cleaner product)..

After re-mounting everything I tried to switch on with the spare battery and realized the bird is again alive of course with some "but".

1) gimbal move continuously in a crazy dance

I stopped, took off the gimbal/camera and turned on again but I can't activate the motors (an error displays on the app)

I have now this doubt: can I send it for repair at the repair center in Germany or it will cost more then buy a new one..?

I've opened a request to the CS 10 days ago, but no reply at all till now..

What do you suggest me?

Thanks for your help!

Simone

2015-9-15
Use props
P3PO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

When you say "sea water" is that salt water or fresh water? i think (and correct me if i am wrong) salt water is highly conductive as well as highly corrosive and going in with a powered up bird (if salt water) not much hope of recovery of electronics. to many things electronically cans short out. Bird is most likely scrap.Electronics aside, Im not sure motor bearings are sealed and all the rinsing you could do can get out all the saltwater (if that is what it was submerged in) will help against corrosion. liquids penetrate really well and I wouldn't trust a wet bird no matter what you do.
2015-9-15
Use props
baronerosso
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1978228 ft
Italy

Salt water..
2015-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules