remote controller with head tracking?
136 7 4-27 09:47
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rickvdvulkaan
lvl.3

Netherlands

from what i have heard, the head tracking is only available with the motion controller. is that true? will it be available with the "normal" remote controller as well?
4-27 09:47
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

it is true that head-tracking is only currently available with the motion controllers.  as far as we know, there are no plans to bring the head-tracking feature to the standard FPV controllers.  not sure how you would accomplish it but it sounds to me it's not only about that RC2/RC3 but about wanting head-tracking during manual mode.

FYI, head-tracking is overrated.
4-27 09:55
Use props
Rickvdvulkaan
lvl.3

Netherlands

Hmm well, i think it would allow to make certain shots easier, or even possible where it wasn't possible before. an example would be that if you are in acro/manual mode,  following a subject which is going downhill, normally would be very hard to control the speed, because the angle of the camera mostly forces you to go very fast. But if head tracking could control the angle of the camera, it would open up a lot of possibilites. take a look at these video's:

it would take a lot of practice, but worth it imo.

also in "normal" mode, i can imagine that certain pan/tilt movements to keep objects in frame could work really well. And the technology is already in the hardware, which makes it low-hanging fruit i guess. so i would say why not
4-27 12:07
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 954216 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Nah, the gimbal dial is more than enough. If there was a 3-axis gimbal, maaaaybe it would make sense, but as it is you would either have head tracking that only works up/down (which you can already do with the gimbal dial), or it would completely mess up your controls and you'd crash within 2 seconds.
4-27 12:31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi. It's not supported by the remote controllers at the moment. We will consider this as a suggestion and forward it to the relevant team for consideration. We appreciate your valued support.
4-27 18:51
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The Head Tracking feature is only available when the DJI Goggles 2/Integra is used with the DJI Motion Controller/DJI RC Motion 2. Other remote controllers are currently not supported. Rest assured that we will continue to gather such feedback to reach our relevant team for future consideration. We appreciate your understanding.
4-27 19:00
Use props
Rickvdvulkaan
lvl.3

Netherlands

fichek Posted at 4-27 12:31
Nah, the gimbal dial is more than enough. If there was a 3-axis gimbal, maaaaybe it would make sense, but as it is you would either have head tracking that only works up/down (which you can already do with the gimbal dial), or it would completely mess up your controls and you'd crash within 2 seconds.

the gimbal dial is nowhere near as quick/smooth/intuitive, right? I can see why you would say that one would crash in 2 seconds, as it pretty much destroys your sense of control as you're used to something different. but have you checked the video's? I'm pretty sure that as always, also in this case, practice makes perfect.

@dji paladin
"Other remote controllers are currently not supported." sorry, was talking more about the avata 2, wasn't clear about that. i assume goggles 3/motion controller 3 work as well.

4-27 23:15
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 954216 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Rickvdvulkaan Posted at 4-27 23:15
the gimbal dial is nowhere near as quick/smooth/intuitive, right? I can see why you would say that one would crash in 2 seconds, as it pretty much destroys your sense of control as you're used to something different. but have you checked the video's? I'm pretty sure that as always, also in this case, practice makes perfect.

@dji paladin

Practice makes perfect, sure. But I imagine DJI repair centres are busy enough as is having to repair tons of DJI FPV and Avata series drones that people learn manual/acro on
4-28 01:18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules