Stolen Mavic Air 2 :(
222 15 4-27 11:40
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dji_fons
lvl.2

Canada

I've used the site stolendrone.info and entered the info there, I wish DJI would add something for tracking too.  Anyways, sadly mine was stolen out in Maui this week.  A witness heard them smash the window, grab it and run.  They didn't get any of the chargers (one was on the front seat) so I don't really know what an Air 2 is worth with a bunch of stuff missing for them.  I thought I'd post it here in case anyone searches the serial # as it may get indexed in search engines.  I had backed up all of my footage except for that day.

Product Model

Mavic Air 2

Aircraft Serial Number

3N3BHB601205GS

Gimbal Serial Number

1VRBHB300100AA

4-27 11:40
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear that.  Not fun to have that happen, and not what I would hope for on Maui.  

4-27 13:20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Sorry to hear that mate. Check on the local selling sites and it might pop up there.
4-27 16:09
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We are sorry to hear about this unfortunate experience. Sorry to inform you we are unable to track your aircraft. Tracking the aircraft will require the synced flight data via DJI APP by the pilot and also the DJI account that the pilot flies your drone with. We recommend that you report this theft incident to the local authorities, authorizing the police to run investigations on this case. Also, we would like to collect the following information to record the stolen aircraft in the system. Our Support team will contact you if we receive the products in the future. Please rest assured that DJI will reject offering a service if other customers send it back. You may provide us with this information via PM

a) Full Name:

b) Phone number (mobile preferred):

c) Email address:

d) Serial Number:

e) Shipping Address (No PO BOX, business address preferred):

Hope that you can find your device as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding.
4-27 18:47
Use props
dji_fons
lvl.2

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-27 18:47
We are sorry to hear about this unfortunate experience. Sorry to inform you we are unable to track your aircraft. Tracking the aircraft will require the synced flight data via DJI APP by the pilot and also the DJI account that the pilot flies your drone with. We recommend that you report this theft incident to the local authorities, authorizing the police to run investigations on this case. Also, we would like to collect the following information to record the stolen aircraft in the system. Our Support team will contact you if we receive the products in the future. Please rest assured that DJI will reject offering a service if other customers send it back. You may provide us with this information via PM

a) Full Name:

Oh don't stress it.

Edit:  I'm sorry!  I've changed the comment and explained further below.
4-30 01:29
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915554 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

dji_fons Posted at 4-30 01:29
Oh don't stress it.

Not only were you so helpful!  On the Canadian dollar, your stupid system failed and then double charged me.  And I'm looking at it, I did buy a higher end setup (Mavic 3 pro) buit you douchbags charged me $300 more after the final refund.  I hate you!  Thank you for helping me,.... not..  You selfish pricks.  You're lucky you have the monopoly.  You don't care about your customers!

Dude... I've yet to encounter a company with better customer support than DJI. Most companies of their size don't even let you talk to a human being at all. Just have 5 minutes of patience and I'm sure they will resolve any issues you have.

Not to mention they're the only company that will actually contact you when someone tries to use your stolen product... I don't know what they did to elicit your reaction, but I can't imagine it being justified.
4-30 03:48
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Oh don't stress it.

Not only were you so helpful!  On the Canadian dollar, your stupid system failed and then double charged me.  And I'm looking at it, I did buy a higher end setup (Mavic 3 pro) buit you douchbags charged me $300 more after the final refund.  I hate you!  Thank you for helping me,.... not..  You selfish pricks.  You're lucky you have the monopoly.  You don't care about your customers!

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience. For the issue you feedback, may we confirm if it happened when you purchased it on the DJI Store?  If so, can we have your order number?
We will confirm with our teams.
4-30 03:59
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh don't stress it.

Edited ignore.
4-30 08:01
Use props
dji_fons
lvl.2

Canada

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-30 08:01
Not the way to endear yourself to the mods who might otherwise try to help you.
I'd love to see them tell someone  "tough sh1t, f.o.", that would be a hoot.   
But I guess they are too polite to doso

I am so sorry everyone, I was feeling upset about the situation.  I am out $271 on the refund for the double charge but it was just an unfortunate situation.  What basically happened was, I purchased a new drone, the system had a glitch (it happens) and somehow a second order was generated.  I received an email stating that I needed to make a payment which was really confusing. DJI support was also confused, and I made the payment.  It wouldn't show online (under my orders) but DJI support realized, I had two orders.  Anyways, I paid for both, we did a refund on the one, it took a few days and the dollar changed with the refund.  Unfortunately, that's just the way it works.  

I'm going to agree with fichek, DJI support has been above and beyond where they can. This one is a bit out of their control as it's more with the banks, exchange rates, etc.  And sadly, just a bad event that happened (the double order).  It is what it is.  I love the product and I'm happy with DJI.
As for the stolen one, DJI has done what they can do.  I'm actually happy they were able to flag it too.
4-30 08:48
Use props
dji_fons
lvl.2

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-27 18:47
We are sorry to hear about this unfortunate experience. Sorry to inform you we are unable to track your aircraft. Tracking the aircraft will require the synced flight data via DJI APP by the pilot and also the DJI account that the pilot flies your drone with. We recommend that you report this theft incident to the local authorities, authorizing the police to run investigations on this case. Also, we would like to collect the following information to record the stolen aircraft in the system. Our Support team will contact you if we receive the products in the future. Please rest assured that DJI will reject offering a service if other customers send it back. You may provide us with this information via PM

a) Full Name:

And again, on the more positive side, I really can't wait to try my new one

I bought the Air 2 back years ago to see if I'd like Drone photography, etc...  I loved it!  This situation was unfortunate but now, I'm stepping it up into something more fun.  I'm excited, watching the track shipping often haha.  

My apologies for coming off bad, I just had a bad day
4-30 08:52
Use props
dji_superflyer2020
lvl.2

Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-30 03:59
Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience. For the issue you feedback, may we confirm if it happened when you purchased it on the DJI Store?  If so, can we have your order number?
We will confirm with our teams.

Thank you too for responding!  It's awesome you're all active in this forum too.  What happened was when I went to pay, the page gave me an error.  I went back, entered my information again and it worked!  A few hours later, I received an email that my order hadn't been paid for.  What we realized later was when I went back, it generated a second order with the exact same items.  Support wasn't sure what was happening either and I didn't want to delay the order so I paid, again.  Once support realized what happened, we did a refund on the second order (this takes some time though however).   I was refunded the full USD amount, it's just unfortunate the way the dollar conversion worked, I've lost out.  It's just a series of unfortunate events.  It could have been worse.  I'll see if my bank can help but it's what it is.  Regardless, I want to move past all of this and I'm very much looking forward to my new one .  I
4-30 10:27
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915554 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Well, glad this took a turn towards a happier ending

Maybe consider some kind of anti-theft insurance for this one
4-30 11:28
Use props
dji_superflyer2020
lvl.2

Canada

fichek Posted at 4-30 11:28
Well, glad this took a turn towards a happier ending

Maybe consider some kind of anti-theft insurance for this one

Yeah, yesterday I just kind of let everything get to me a little.  Insurance for the smashed window hasn't been a lot of fun.  It's extremely rare that I would post like I did earlier there.  It doesn't excuse writing how I did and I actually feel really bad about that.  I will repeat too though, DJI actually does have some of the best service I've seen.  I flew RC helicopters for years before so I haven't had to use any service but anytime I've contacted them on any questions, it's typically very quick responses.  Even seeing how quickly they respond here in the forum stands really well!  I do feel they care for their customers.

As for insurance though, I've done that with my DSLR.  The Air 2 was 3-4 years old, I've definitely got my money's worth out of it I feel.  The new one that I've ordered, I've made the leap and I have a 3 Pro coming .  I'm super excited and can't wait haha!   I will likely do the same as I did with my DSLR, add insurance to this one.  At least for a few years.  I'm really looking forward to seeing the camera capabilities with this.  
4-30 11:43
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

dji_fons Posted at 4-30 08:48
I am so sorry everyone, I was feeling upset about the situation.  I am out $271 on the refund for the double charge but it was just an unfortunate situation.  What basically happened was, I purchased a new drone, the system had a glitch (it happens) and somehow a second order was generated.  I received an email stating that I needed to make a payment which was really confusing. DJI support was also confused, and I made the payment.  It wouldn't show online (under my orders) but DJI support realized, I had two orders.  Anyways, I paid for both, we did a refund on the one, it took a few days and the dollar changed with the refund.  Unfortunately, that's just the way it works.  

I'm going to agree with fichek, DJI support has been above and beyond where they can. This one is a bit out of their control as it's more with the banks, exchange rates, etc.  And sadly, just a bad event that happened (the double order).  It is what it is.  I love the product and I'm happy with DJI.

Sorry for the late response. Our teams confirmed that there will be an exchange rate difference when refunding an order in Canada. The amount of 300 dollars should be due to the exchange rate difference.
Currently, for orders in Canada/Macau, DJI Store only supports settlement in U.S. dollars. This means that if a refund occurs during the transaction, the settlement system only supports returning the payment to you in U.S. dollars. During the refund process, due to fluctuations in international exchange rates, the actual refund amount you receive in local currency may be different from your payment amount. For more instructions about payment issues on DJI Store, please refer to: https://store.dji.com/pages/help ... ?from=store_footer.
5-1 05:23
Use props
dji_superflyer2020
lvl.2

Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-1 05:23
Sorry for the late response. Our teams confirmed that there will be an exchange rate difference when refunding an order in Canada. The amount of 300 dollars should be due to the exchange rate difference.
Currently, for orders in Canada/Macau, DJI Store only supports settlement in U.S. dollars. This means that if a refund occurs during the transaction, the settlement system only supports returning the payment to you in U.S. dollars. During the refund process, due to fluctuations in international exchange rates, the actual refund amount you receive in local currency may be different from your payment amount. For more instructions about payment issues on DJI Store, please refer to: https://store.dji.com/pages/help-center-payment?from=store_footer.
No worries, and yeah....  it's unfortunate our dollar is all over.  On the amount, it hit me a bit hard.  I’m not sure why the system errored then created a second, duplicate order but it is what it is.  The way I look at it though is, if I had ordered two days later and our dollar dropped, I’d be out the same amount anyways.  It’s just the way it works with exchange rates lol.  Anyways, moving forward and I'm very much looking forward to my new one

The only weird thing is, I did see the refund and now it disappeared.  I’ll give it a few more days (I realize it usually takes a few business days - maybe my bank hasn’t posted properly or something).   

Again, it will all work out.  
5-1 05:25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

dji_superflyer2020 Posted at 5-1 05:25
No worries, and yeah....  it's unfortunate our dollar is all over.  On the amount, it hit me a bit hard.  I’m not sure why the system errored then created a second, duplicate order but it is what it is.  The way I look at it though is, if I had ordered two days later and our dollar dropped, I’d be out the same amount anyways.  It’s just the way it works with exchange rates lol.  Anyways, moving forward and I'm very much looking forward to my new one

The only weird thing is, I did see the refund and now it disappeared.  I’ll give it a few more days (I realize it usually takes a few business days - maybe my bank hasn’t posted properly or something).   

We are sorry for the inconvenience again.
The refund processing time will vary due to the different payment methods.
If you need our help later, please don't hesitate to tell us.
5-1 05:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules