Camera Movement (Gimbal or Wind)?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex.aguel
lvl.1

Philippines

I was testing my Phantom 3 Advance last Saturday, ascending to a few meters up, camera facing down and started pulling it down and everything is working fine.
When i was doing another round of testing yesterday (a different location),  same process, ascending to a few meters up, camera facing down and started pulling it down. I noticed at some point the camera moves  left/right for a bit.

Not sure if this is normal? gimbal issue? Needs calibration or just wind effect? Any thoughts?

Sample 1:

Sample 2:

2015-9-14
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Was it windy? Could be wind.

How fast was the descent? Did it do the same during the ascend? Does it do it in any other situation?
2015-9-14
Use props
alex.aguel
lvl.1

Philippines

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-14 23:07
Was it windy? Could be wind.

How fast was the descent? Did it do the same during the ascend? Does i ...

Thanks for the reply.

Not so much wind down (though not sure at the altitude where there was shakey motion), as evident the trees are not moving. Descent is slow /light/normal.

Ascend is working perfectly. I tried POI circling (lower altitude compared to the shakey motion) height and it is perfectly working fine.

Ascending:

POI Mode:
2015-9-14
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From the other videos, gimbal looks OK.. From the video of the original issue it looks lke the gimbal is anticipating YAW. If you use an android device you can turn that off in the App ( not available to IOS devices yet for some reason )

"Gimbal YAW Synchronous Follow"
androidgoodies.jpg
2015-9-14
Use props
alex.aguel
lvl.1

Philippines

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-15 00:05
From the other videos, gimbal looks OK.. From the video of the original issue it looks lke the gimba ...

Im using iPhone 6+.
2015-9-14
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you know anyone with an android device you could use that to test.

NOTE that the settings is saved when moving from android to IOS device So if you do test, remember to set it back unless you are happy with it..
2015-9-14
Use props
jaronpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 723776 ft
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-14 10:05
From the other videos, gimbal looks OK.. From the video of the original issue it looks lke the gimba ...

in IOS, the setting is called  "follow" or "fpv"  if i remember correctly...  One mode will tilt the camera with directional change, in the other, it maintains a flat horizon.  This could possibly be what he is experiencing.
2015-9-14
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jaronpv@hotmail Posted at 2015-9-14 20:11
in IOS, the setting is called  "follow" or "fpv"  if i remember correctly...  One mode will tilt t ...

Differed feature.. I'm just making a video to demo it
2015-9-14
Use props
jaronpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 723776 ft
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-14 13:18
Differed feature.. I'm just making a video to demo it

Gotcha.  How cool would it be if the apps for android and IOS were the same? hahaha   
2015-9-14
Use props
alex.aguel
lvl.1

Philippines

So is it safe to assume this is not hardware related? Do i need to do any calibration? Or just basically an App Setting modification? Thanks
2015-9-14
Use props
alex.aguel
lvl.1

Philippines

And by the way, this started when i installed Prop Guard. Could this be the reason for the movement?
2015-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules