Where's my Stuff?!?!
1210 22 2015-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichardB
lvl.1

United States

To begin, I'm yet another PO'd customer and much of this is venting my frustration with DJI.  After sending in three separate request to DJI to provide the paperwork and prop locks that should have come with my Inspire, their only response told me that I can print it off from the web.  Since it should have been in the kit that I PAID for, they want me to print it off myself.  I can print off the paperwork, but why in the world should I have to?  I already paid for it!  I guess they also want me purchase a 3D printer, AutoCad, 3D Scanner, a prop lock to scan, etc.  Or have someone do it for me for a few $100.

It's embarrassing that DJI can't figure out how to address an envelope, stick a stamp on it, place the missing stuff in it, seal it, and then put it in the mail.  Then again, when you buy products from them they charge your card immediately, wait a month or so, ignore calls for a status update, make you beg for what you already purchased, and offer not so much as an apology.  

If anyone from DJI is reading this, how about picking up the ball and make this right!

2015-9-14
Use props
precisionair
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1594 ft
United States

I am a bit nervous myself, sent in email today requesting update as I purchased some items from the website over 2 weeks ago and still no shipping confirmation or update, just "pending".  The money has been charged as well which is alerting as why charge the account if the items are not ready to ship.  I am not typically one that is down on DJI all the time but just a bit nerve racking to have to wait in limbo, even an email would be nice.

Brad
2015-9-14
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

yea they arent know for their fast response time, stellar customer service or communication skills thats for sure, lol!  

FYI those prop locks are 100% worthless and not even needed if you are semi competent and able to tighten the props correctly, ive been flying without them for over 9 months, flying nearly every day with zero issues.  Its not worth getting worked up over, id print your paperwork and move on with your life if i were you.
2015-9-14
Use props
RichardB
lvl.1

United States

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-9-15 01:42
yea they arent know for their fast response time, stellar customer service or communication skills t ...

Agreed, but there's a principal here.  I paid for this stuff and so far they have refused to provide it and ignored my requests to make right.  That is pure and simple theft, and at this time they are proving themselves no more than liars, con-men and thieves.  I hate being the victim of theft, blatant lies, intended misrepresentations, and unethical business practices.  Who among us knowing deals with this sort of scum? Additionally, I'm beginning to believe they MAY also be somewhat racist in their hiring practices (read the requirements for working there.)  They must know they have major problems in their business practices, advertising, ethics, customer service, etc.  Still, we see little improvement, little action, and the continued disregard, and possibly contempt, toward their customers.
2015-9-14
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

What did you pay for?I thought the prop locks were free, mine were anyway.
2015-9-14
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

I'm sorry for your bad experience with DJI, did your inspire come with self tightening props or QR props?
2015-9-14
Use props
RichardB
lvl.1

United States

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-9-15 11:51
What did you pay for?I thought the prop locks were free, mine were anyway.

Was your kit complete?  Mine was not!
2015-9-15
Use props
bahamasky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3240535 ft
Bahamas

I also made a purchase on DJI site over three weeks ago, my card has been charged and no shipping. I emailed them 4 times no answer. What is going on?
2015-9-15
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

RichardB Posted at 2015-9-15 09:11
Was your kit complete?  Mine was not!

i bought mine back in january before the worthless prop locks even existed but once they had them my dealer i bought it from sent them to me for free.  if you just recently bought your inspire im pretty sure they no longer supply them, as they switched to the quick release props instead.  that might be why you dont have any and they arent sending them to you.
2015-9-15
Use props
RichardB
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-15 12:06
I'm sorry for your bad experience with DJI, did your inspire come with self tightening props or QR p ...

I'm truly hoping that DJI will do something to change my beliefs and impression of them and that I can happily recant this post and sing their praises.  The following reflects my experience and impression DJI has given me.  Believe it or not, I held back a lot.  And I do not speak for anyone else but myself.

So now you're sorry?  About what exactly?  The public humiliation?  Being called out on your "we got their money so F-them" culture?  Loss of face?  Having a buyer that doesn't fear standing for a principal, who doesn't bow to your intentional misrepresentation, false advertising, incompetence and near total lack of customer service?  It can't be that you are sorry for tossing me into your black hole, after all, you had multiple opportunities to do the right thing and all were ignored until this shaming.

Here's how to fix things. You now have multiple requests via your "Customer Support" and "Contact DJI" page with all my contact data and info on each.   The latest was sent out late last week.  It's on the internet, in your email, and may even be stored in the DJI black hole where, apparently, things go to be ignored.   You can even print it off.  I know you will like this approach, as its the same you recommended to me.  But joking aside, call me, email me, write a letter, come visit Myrtle Beach and knock on my door.  Heck, I'll even put you up in our guest house for a night or two.  But for the sake of just doing the right thing, would someone over there please do their job!?!?  Really, it's embarrassing how DJI treats customers and it's becoming embarrassing to say I own one.  Maybe DJI hasn't figured this out, but a product is worth little more than the quality of their customer service.  After paying $4k or more for these things, surely DJI can afford a stamp and envelope?  Isn't it easier and more cost effective to do the right thing to begin with rather than playing the Black Hole Ostrich?  (You know, sticking head in the sand and ass in our face.)  Thus far my experience is that DJI would rather spend ten times the effort and cost running from responsibility, upsetting current and potential buyers, and being publicly humiliated rather than stick a stamp on an envelope?  GEESH!!  

Actually, based on my experience and what I've read, I now refer to DJI "Customer Service" department as "The Black Hole."  It has a nice ring to it and is much more representative of my personal experience with you.  Heck, the "customer service personnel could even be called Ostriches.  I'm sure others have similar feelings as this analogy.  But I digress.

If you are really sorry, send my stuff that I paid for months ago.  Original paperwork and the prop locks are missing and I want them now more than ever for the crap DJI has pulled on me.  And before anyone else says that the prop locks (or even the "free" case is free) they are not and it's easy to prove.  First, if they are free, what is the big deal about sending the parts in the first place?  Secondly, Knock on DJI's door and ask for a free case, or free prop locks.  See how far that gets you.  Also, if they are really "free" why doesn't DJI send us a new case when the extremely poor design falls apart on its own?  I wonder if DJI selects material for their QRP's like they did for the handle on the cases?

By the way, like many others, my case is falling apart.  Will DJI send me a "free" replacement?  I seriously doubt it. Not without blindly giving them a credit card number and enduring a 2 to 3 month wait and probably another rant on social media.

As for the DJI quick release (quick wear and automatic ejection while inflight) prop locks they claim to be superior to the after market ones that reportedly do not have these failure points, I have no interest in using them.  Not until better quality control, improved materials, guarantees on their safety, reliability and DJI takes full and immediate responsibility for damage due to their failure, including shipping and fast turn around for repairs.  One week is more than enough time to repair...heck, even build from scratch, these birds.  Two months is an aberration to our common sense.  These things need to be clear, in writing and with no more weaseling out of responsibility, or DJI playing ostrich.  I'm hoping that DJI will start taking ownership of their shortfalls and make immediate corrections rather than the current practice of taking our money and hiding in that black hole they call customer service.  Our request go in, but never come out.

DJI's (lack of) action is turning an otherwise great product into a liability for those of us who own one, and especially those who depend on these for their livelihood.  It was faster and more reliable to send a package coast to coast by Pony Express in the 1800's than to get so much as a response from DJI.  This is not an exaggeration!  Pony Express was 2 to 6 times faster from California to the East coast (15-20 days) than DJI takes to answer an email or repair a product. But to be fair, the Pony Express had horses and it seems that DJI is relying on much slower incompetence.  (It's only sarcasm if it's not true, LOL.)  I'm hoping DJI progresses their customer service to the mid 1800's and response time to that of a Pony Express rider.  It would be a great improvement over my experience.

Now, how about sending my stuff, and while you're at it, I need another "free" case.  The "free" case I paid for in the kit is falling apart.  BTW, when the handle falls off my free case, causing the case to drop and unlikely damage my Inspire, is it covered?

Your quick reply is greatly appreciated. (10 days or less).
2015-9-15
Use props
RichardB
lvl.1

United States

precisionair Posted at 2015-9-15 01:10
I am a bit nervous myself, sent in email today requesting update as I purchased some items from the  ...

Truth!  I can't remember the last time I purchased anything from the net that I did not get a confirmation and tracking number or update within a day or two.  Likewise, I can't remember having my card charged until an item is shipped.
2015-9-15
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

well like i said before it depends on when you purchased your inspire, you didnt say.  if it was just recently and it came with quick release props then the prop locks arent needed and as far as i know they will not be free and you shouldnt expect them to send you any unless you buy them off their website for $2, they were only free to anyone who purchased an inspire before they started shipping them with the quick release props.   
2015-9-15
Use props
RichardB
lvl.1

United States

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-9-16 04:18
well like i said before it depends on when you purchased your inspire, you didnt say.  if it was jus ...

They were listed as included.  Are you saying DJI lies to customers and are so brazen to put those lies in writing?  What about the paperwork that's missing, did later models not come with paperwork?  I didn't think so.

2015-9-15
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

RichardB Posted at 2015-9-15 16:53
They were listed as included.  Are you saying DJI lies to customers and are so brazen to put those ...

my mistake, carry on!
2015-9-15
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

RichardB Posted at 2015-9-16 03:26
I'm truly hoping that DJI will do something to change my beliefs and impression of them and that I  ...

I do understand your feelings, and I completely agree. I've already contacted our US colleagues to solve your issue as soon as possible!  Sorry for inconvenience, we'll do our best.
Could you please give me your e-mail, so we can contact you.
Thank you
2015-9-15
Use props
RichardB
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-16 14:41
I do understand your feelings, and I completely agree. I've already contacted our US colleagues to ...

Tim,

You should have my email now in a message.

I greatly appreciate your help in getting a resolution to this.
2015-9-16
Use props
precisionair
lvl.2
United States

Tim,

can you please comment on my order as well or reach out regarding where it is? Going on three weeks now and nothing at all from DJI.....
2015-9-16
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

RichardB Posted at 2015-9-17 05:16
Tim,

You should have my email now in a message.

Alright, thank you!  i got it, we are working on it
2015-9-16
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

precisionair Posted at 2015-9-17 05:50
Tim,

can you please comment on my order as well or reach out regarding where it is? Going on three  ...

You got your order delayed? What's your order number?
2015-9-16
Use props
precisionair
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-17 14:44
You got your order delayed? What's your order number?

DJI finally set up a ticket for this (not sure if you made that happen, thanks if you did!!) and now there is an update that they have received a large amount of orders and it will be next week before shipping.  If that happens I guess its better late than never.  Thanks for being so quick to help Tim, I appreciate it!

Brad
2015-9-17
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

precisionair Posted at 2015-9-17 23:45
DJI finally set up a ticket for this (not sure if you made that happen, thanks if you did!!) and n ...

I'm glad we figured it out!
2015-9-17
Use props
RichardB
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-18 10:33
I'm glad we figured it out!

Finally got a response from DJI Customer Service.  Thanks Tim!  
2015-9-19
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

RichardB Posted at 2015-9-20 08:45
Finally got a response from DJI Customer Service.  Thanks Tim!

Thanks for your feedback on a forum, it helps us to improve our service
2015-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules