Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi All.
I am presently testing the New IOC features of FW 1.4.1 with Android Display.
Presently testing the Follow-Me Mode.
I went to IOC then Follow-Me and Climbed to an altitude  of 11 Meter, understanding that the function will only engage if above 10M. I wanted to test the limits of distance and altitude after engagement. So I descended to the lowest I could get and it could NOT get lower than 3.8M and strangely enough the shortest distance I could achieve was also 3.8M But it does
do the the Follow-Me procedure at that minimum height and altitude.
Any of you guys tried these minimum testing?
Second Event:
While I was slowly walking I got numerous messages 4 or 5 of Home point recorded and then at the 6th or 7th one I got a vocal message saying the the Home point as been recorder
and at the same time a warning of 'Weak GPS signal' even thought I had 15 GPS but only 3 bars of the 5 bars where highlighted for the GPS signal. The caution advised me to go back
to P-Mode but it stayed in F-FM mode. After this even if I was in still in Follow-Me the A/C was not following me anymore.
Any comments, do you guys get numerous Home Point update during Follow-Me? Did you ever get a weak GPS signal with 15 GPS and a strength of 3/5 (60%)?
Also is it normal that the status light of the A/C go in rapid flashing green during Follow-Me.
One last thing In Waypoint Mode how do you restart the last mission (remember I am on Android)
I guess that will be enough for today.
I am generaly satisfied with IOC but I like to get into the details of thing being an ex-pilot.

Thanks for taking the time of reading me.

Bat

2015-9-14
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

bat check these tests of mine on ioc

http://forum.dji.com/thread-31190-1-1.html
2015-9-14
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Is it possible that the device was losing or had poor GPS and not the P3?  Remember, for follow-me mode, BOTH have to maintain GPS.  The P3 follows by trying to match the coordinates of the device hooked to the RC with offset.
2015-9-14
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

ag0n Posted at 2015-9-14 18:24
Is it possible that the device was losing or had poor GPS and not the P3?  Remember, for follow-me m ...

The strange thing about the gps incident is that I had 15 satellites and the signal strength went from 100% to 60% or from 5 bars to 3.
Now I assume that the indication on the display is referring to the aircraft gps. But now that you mention this ag0n, the device or display gps system (Samsung phone in this case) is monitired by the system. So the question now is, what indication ard we seeing on the display? An average of both gps system? Wich I doubt. Or the lowest of the two system? Dji should know this, anyone here knows?

And how about those numerous 'Home point recorded' message, anyone getting those?

Bat
2015-9-15
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I'm assuming the one on the display that has the number of sats in view will always be the bird's (P3) receiver.  I don't know that/if we have an indication of the phone GPS quality.  I would strive to keep the phone in the clear at all times, especially in areas where there are trees to interfere with the phone getting GPS signals.  Obviously, when I say phone, it would be whatever device you are using.  I also use Samsung Galaxy 5 here.  Have not done Follow Me yet, not sure I want to.
2015-9-15
Use props
curtis.shelton.
New

United States

I'm having the same with my Galaxy Note 4. I let it run longer than you did and it keeps giving the homepoint updated message as long as you're moving. I wonder if this is something they will fix.
2015-9-16
Use props
john_schadegg
lvl.1

United States

Download a GPS Status APP and check your phone or tablet GPS before you do a follow me. I went with the Garmin GLO to get the best GPS lock. Follow me works great for me.
2015-9-16
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

ag0n Posted at 2015-9-15 10:11
I'm assuming the one on the display that has the number of sats in view will always be the bird's (P ...

Thanks Ag0n. Try it out let me know we both have the same Display Device.
2015-9-16
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

john_schadegg Posted at 2015-9-16 17:58
Download a GPS Status APP and check your phone or tablet GPS before you do a follow me. I went with  ...

Thanks John I already have a GPS Status on the phone, but it gets complicated to have many apps running at the same time and switching between them while flying. I do check it out before my flight thought.
Bat
2015-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules