v3 controller, possible dodgy 'T' stick. Opinions please!
1068 3 2014-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marc.hufnagel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2368264 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got my v3 P2V+ last week and it's working great except for one issue and I hope it doesn't mean an exchange is needed.

When I bring the bird down and let it idle when landed, the idle speed will slowly go up a bit to where it makes me a bit nervous that a tipover could happen perhaps.

I've using the version 3.6 assistant and when I do use the app the 'T' stick is always off a bit think -60 usually.,  The slightest pressure up on the stick zeros it out.   Using the calibration feature and moving the sticks around all directions sometimes I can get the T stick to zero out.   I've gotten it to zero out and the -60 has come back twice now.
I've done the IMU calibration several times even though the software indicated it was not needed.

Do you think I'm going to need an exchange or is there another setting, I see 'norm' next to it but if there is something  wrong I don't want to cover it up like that.

2014-12-12
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

It is recommended to shut down the motors after landing.
Letting it idle will cause the idle speed to rise as the Phantom is still trying to keep balance as its not sure you have finished flying.
If you must let it idle then shut down motors and re-start, it will stay in idle that way until you throttle up for take-off.
2014-12-12
Use props
Dboy
lvl.3

China

If the calibration through the assistant doesn't work, you can try the [size=13.63636302948px]without PC method in below thread:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... e%2BControl&lang=en
2014-12-15
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Why let it idle?  Shut it down, it will save power in the battery and wear and tear on the motors and debris from getting into the camera from the prop wash..  You can always power it on and take off again.
2014-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules