DJI Go app randomly crashing (Nexus 7 2013)
1750 10 2015-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lorenzo.de.jong
lvl.2

Netherlands

Hi all,

I've recently updated to the latest firmware, since it seems like people are finding it stable now. To fly with the latest firmware I had to download the new DJI Go app on my Nexus 7 (2013 version). However in my last flight the app caused my Nexus to crash, resulting in a complete reboot. Also the FPV signal randomly disconnected mid-flight.

What I've tried is disabling the Google Play Services using the following instructions: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... p;page=17#pid151670 . However this doesn't seem to resolve the problem. Is there a solution to prevent these crashes from happening again? Would it be a possibility to install a custom ROM on my Nexus, and if so: which ROM is recommended?

Thanks in advance!

2015-9-16
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

CANT ANSWER THE ROM PROBLEM BUT ITS WORTH DOING A FEW MORE FLIGHTS KEEPING WELL IN VLOS THE PROBLEM MAY HAVE BEEN A GLITCH ON THE DAY. GOODLUCK
2015-9-16
Use props
lorenzo.de.jong
lvl.2

Netherlands

pi-inthesky@hot Posted at 2015-9-16 13:23
CANT ANSWER THE ROM PROBLEM BUT ITS WORTH DOING A FEW MORE FLIGHTS KEEPING WELL IN VLOS THE PROBLEM  ...

Thanks for your reply, but in my eyes this doesn't seem like a glitch which occurred just one time. I've had multiple flights with the DJI Go app, and seem to get at least 1 crash or hiccup (like a disconnect) every flight session.
2015-9-16
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
United Kingdom

At what distance and altitude is your signal loss
2015-9-16
Use props
lorenzo.de.jong
lvl.2

Netherlands

pi-inthesky@hot Posted at 2015-9-16 15:11
At what distance and altitude is your signal loss

Well, the signal loss wasn't the worst problem. It only got disconnected for a few seconds and then reconnected. This wasn't that far away, maybe 50 meters high and 100 meters away from me.

What's truly my concern is the app crashing and/or even completely freezing my tablet. Rebooting my tablet takes around 20-30 seconds, when I'm flying further away and lose my line of sight this would kinda cause me to start panicking.
2015-9-17
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Not the best technical response to your concern trust me there will be better to follow my reaction would be to go into RTH then retake control when in VLOS by then your tablet will have rebooted  
2015-9-17
Use props
wnemay
lvl.1

United States

I stopped flying with my Nexus 7 (2013)... I actually think the latest lollipop patch updated is what is causing problems, not Google Play Services.
Please don't want to mess with Google Play Services!!

My Nexus 6 has no problems at all.  I am yet to go out and try with my Nexus 9.
2015-9-17
Use props
puterwiz
lvl.1

United States

wnemay Posted at 2015-9-17 14:15
I stopped flying with my Nexus 7 (2013)... I actually think the latest lollipop patch updated is wha ...

Try turning off video cache in the dji go app, that may help.
2015-9-17
Use props
lorenzo.de.jong
lvl.2

Netherlands

puterwiz Posted at 2015-9-17 21:46
Try turning off video cache in the dji go app, that may help.

Hmm, that may be a possible solution. I might try that out next time. Also @wnemay: do you really think Lollipop has ruined it? I am considering installing Cyanogenmod, since it might be more performant..
2015-9-17
Use props
BayArea99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197336 ft
United States

Also close all other apps running on your tablet before starting the DJI APP.
2015-9-17
Use props
Shahbaz00
lvl.1

United Kingdom

lorenzo.de.jong Posted at 2015-9-17 12:01
Hmm, that may be a possible solution. I might try that out next time. Also @wnemay: do you really think Lollipop has ruined it? I am considering installing Cyanogenmod, since it might be more performant..

Hi,

Did you get  a solution with your Nexus 7?

I have just received a Nexus 7 2013 thinking it was an approved device and my tablet froze a little bit on its first use and then froze to a point of crashing on its second flight. This caused the drone to automatically go into RTH mode.

This hasn't exactly inspired confidence into this device for me.

I'm thinking of installing a custom ROM as well. Just posted on XDA forums for advice on a particular custom ROM and waiting for a reply.

Cheers

Mark
2017-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules