Height Datum
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Carl France
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66699 ft
United Kingdom

This question may have been asked before, or it may even seemto be a stupid question, however, I cannot find the answer anywhere therefore Iwould appreciate if someone could take the time to let me know theirunderstanding of this.

The scenario, at the top of a cliff at say 600ft above sealevel as a take off point, is the height that is shown within the app theheight above sea level (as would be my understanding from a GPS height) or theheight above ground after take-off (in other words the height calculated from abarometer)?

I ask this question as I have only flown at sea level takeoff points or thereabouts in the last two weeks since I got my Phantom 3.

If I then fly over the edge of the cliff and into the valley(below me) will the height then show below take off height? In this scenariowhat would happen then if the Phantom is flying 100 foot below the take offpoint and a return to home was commanded with a height of 30m (98ft) set as thereturn to home altitude, would the Phantom climb to 30m above take off altitudeor 30m above where it was when the home return was commanded and then fly intothe cliff?

Thanks in advance.

2015-9-16
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

As you fly into the valley the height shows negative feet so if you activate RTH in your example the bird would climb to 30mtrs above the take off altitude then make its way back to you.So no issue.....
2015-9-16
Use props
Carl France
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66699 ft
United Kingdom

Rocket_Aus Posted at 2015-9-16 23:29
As you fly into the valley the height shows negative feet so if you activate RTH in your example the ...

Thank you for your quick response.
2015-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules