Phantom 3 altitude drop
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bogdanphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4126444 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have re-calibrated my IMU a couple of times and the controller but after flying for a few minutes my phantom 3 hovers at 4' above the ground and the remote shows 15'. Is it something that should be expected from a cheap drone or is that an anomaly?
2015-9-16
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

it must be an anomaly. as mine shows the correct height.
2015-9-16
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Is it the same after you restart your aircraft and APP?
2015-9-17
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

Let DJI-Tim help you by answering his question.
2015-9-17
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-17 03:00

Tim, I am having a similar issue.  See the thread below. I set up a waypoint mission and it is saved.  Evertime I fly the mission and then come back around and fly it again by the time I get to the end of the 2nd pass I am very nearly at ground level.   I have all points set at 35' AGL.   2 days in a row now it has happened.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=31825&page=1#pid224760
2015-9-21
Use props
bogdanphoto
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-17 02:00

I could re-create that behavior like clock work. I got tired of it and sent the drone back. Waiting for it to be exchanged. Not a good start with DJI. I hope it gets better.
2015-9-21
Use props
bogdanphoto
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-17 02:00

I just got a brand new Phantom 3 Pro and I have the latest firmware on it and on the remote and I have the latest app and I have calibrated the IMU on a kitchen table away from metal and electronics and it's still dropping altitude while hovering. We are talking 1-2 feet per minute. And the app shows the same altitude. It doesn't drift side-to-side... just the altitude.
2015-9-28
Use props
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

For me, this is a serious problem.  Once the P3 is more than about a hundred yards away, it's easy to lose perspective and misjudge height.  For example, I want to fly it over water (some nearby lakes).  However, I don't want to fly it into the lake!

Similarly, I want to slowly fly around an object using the POI mode.  I don't want a corkscrew pattern.

Or filming in the rolling fields near here, with the harvester going.  I'd rather not end up making an unscheduled landing.

I can understand and live with minor fluctuations; a few feet.  But I am experiencing drops of 40-50 feet in the course of a flight.
2015-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules