MIC 2 Volume
274 4 6-29 13:48
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Emilio Corsetti
lvl.1

United States

I recently purchased the DJI MIC 2. I plan to use it with a Lumix GH6. I also want to use it for my main microphone when making Zoom calls. I've run into some issues concerning volume. When I use the recommended gain settings for the GH6, the volume is too low. When I select the GH6 as my camera, the settings are as follows: transmitter -9, receiver 0, and camera recording level is set to -12db. Also, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to use the power socket or the unpowered mic socket menu option on the GH6. I know the mic is self-powered, but I like the feature of being able to turn the receiver on and off with the camera. I did some sample tests with the powered mic socket. The receiver did turn off and on with the camera. I have not tried the unpowered socket to see if it will still turn off and on. If I select +6 on the receiver instead of 0, the volume is improved. I know I can boost volume in editing. I am just a little confused about the best settings to use with this specific camera.

When I plug the receiver into a USB port on my computer, the volume is way too low for normal use. I tried setting the gain on both the receiver and transmitter at 12 db, but even that was too low of a volume with the transmitter in the normal position. The computer mic imput is set to 100%. I'm using a Windows 11 system.

I wasn't able to find much regarding these two issues online.

Thanks,
Emilio
6-29 13:48
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2061453 ft
  • >>>
United States

On the GH6, use either MIC or LINE... there Is no need to use powered mic.   Give those a shot
6-29 20:01
Use props
Emilio Corsetti
lvl.1

United States

dji.blitzk Posted at 6-29 20:01
On the GH6, use either MIC or LINE... there Is no need to use powered mic.   Give those a shot

Thanks. Any suggestions for better volume on a Windows 11 computer?
6-29 20:22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there,
thank you for reaching out.

We are checking with the relevant team on this matter and will provide an answer once we have the result.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. Thank you.
7-1 04:13
Use props
Emilio Corsetti
lvl.1

United States

I was able to do a little more testing. When I select mic (unpowered socket) on the GH6, the function for turning on and off the mic with the camera no longer works. In my tests with the GH6, the best audio I got was with the following settings: transmitter -5, receiver +5, camera -12db.

I cannot get a suitable volume level when using the Mic 2 as a computer microphone. I tried connecting the mic through Bluetooth to my computer, which did not improve the volume issue. When I test the Mic 2 connected either directly through USB or through Bluetooth and with the input volume set to 100%, tests show that when the mic is in the normal position, it provides less than 5% volume. If I talk directly into the mic, I only get about 17% volume.
7-1 10:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules