Go App will not connect to P3P
2231 9 2015-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phantomTron
New

United States

I am no longer able to connect the iOS App to my remote.  Once I load the Go App, it just gives me the "How To Connect" button and I am never able to enter Camera mode.  *Note that the remote will still control the Aircraft though.

Thursday
I flew successfully for about 10 minutes, then landed.  When I tried to go back up, the app would only show disconnected (so no video feed).  I shutdown my phone/aircraft/remote and tried again to no avail a couple of times.  So I gave up and went home to figure out the problem and I found quite a number of folks with the issues on the forums and Internet.  I performed the following tasks to see if I could narrow down the issue:

1)  I Tried a different cable (note that I am using the original cable from Apple that came with my phone)
2)  Uninstalled the app on my iPhone 6 Plus and re-installed
3)  Installed the App on my iPad and tried it
4)  Installed the App on my daughters Samsung S6 and tried it
5)  Tried numerous different startup sequences (remote first, then aircraft, then phone, and other combinations)
6)  I noticed I had a notification to update my firmware, so I updated to the most recent firmware on the Aircraft and Remote following the instructions - Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.3.20  (2015-08-04).

Friday
I called in and talked to your support center and they told me to try different cables, uninstall/re-install the app, and also mentioned some bugs with the remote/app connecting and that a new update would be out in a few days.  Then told me to just try different versions of the software packages, including a downgrade to the prior versions - which did nothing to solve the issue.

Tuesday
I just installed the latest updates for iOS App and also the Aircraft - Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.4.0010 (2015-09-07).  Once again no luck.

Next Steps
So at this point I expect that the remote is not functioning properly with the App (either hardware or software issues).
Note that I can control the Aircraft with the remote, but the App never allows me beyond the "How To Connect" section and hence cannot enter the Camera View.

2015-9-18
Use props
EsteeNJ
New

United States

I'm having the same issue.  did you ever find a solution?
2015-9-21
Use props
EsteeNJ
New

United States

I'm having the same issue.  did you ever find a solution?
2015-9-21
Use props
vincent.sowa
New

Canada

Having exactly the same issue.   I called DJI as well last week who explained that an update was coming out that evening or the next.   But I have seen nothing.  Given what I have read on the other forum posts may have to ship the unit back.  
2015-9-23
Use props
EsteeNJ
New

United States

Ok so my issue was user error but DJI isn't very clear in their logs either.. I should have known better though.

I got my new bird, threw firmware v1.4 on a card, updated my bird, updated my remote. Log files said success for the bird and latest firmware/same version already installed for the RC.

What really happened was the bird updated successfully while the RC did not, because RCs dont use v1.4. Log file was a bit confusing in this regard saying the firmware on the card was the same as the firmware on the RC (in reality the card had v1.4 and the RC current firmware was 1.1.9).

The fact that the RC and batteries didn't need the v1.4 update on my 1st P3P dawned on me and lo and behold i loaded up firmware 1.3.2 onto my card, updated the remote and battery (to firmware 1.3.2), and my unit has been fully operational across all 3 of my devices ever since.

So there you have it people. P3P gets v1.4, RC and batteries get v1.3.2. I think a lot of folks are having this issue and while DJI has the following message on its website I don't think its written clearly enough.

DJI website - download page: "The All-in-One firmware v1.4.0010 does not include remote controller update package. However, for the best user experience, it is recommended that the users who are using the firmware that older than v1.3.20 to update the firmware to v1.3.20 before updating the aircraft."

I purchased my 2nd P3P 1 week ago today and didn't think the firmware would be so out of date that it was 4 versions behind. Is there even a way to check what version firmware is on the bird and RC without being able to connect a mobile device?

Hope this helps some folks.
2015-9-23
Use props
patrick.weerbro
New

Belgium

EsteeNJ Posted at 2015-9-23 22:07
Ok so my issue was user error  but DJI isn't very clear in their logs either.. I should have known ...

Hello Esteenj, I have the same problem as you had. A brand new P3P just out of the box. Updated the drone succesfully but remote is not connecting to app. I got on the chat and they suggested to format the sd card and loaded up the firmware 1.3.2 on it.  I then  inserted the sd card in the remote and powered it on, but nothing happens. The led stays red ... Can you tell me step by step the updating process for the remote and batteries. I have never had a dji and I am getting so frustrated that this is not working....
2015-9-23
Use props
pang_tk.yahoo
New

Singapore

I purchased P3P 3 days ago,can not activate the drone. Can not connect to DJI GO.
2015-9-24
Use props
RDTeam59
R&D Team

Hong Kong

hi phantomTron, in step 6, Did you hear be-be-be-be during upgrade, and did the remote upgrade successfully? could you post the result file and the log file?
2015-9-24
Use props
phantomTron
New

United States

RDTeam59 Posted at 2015-9-24 20:08
hi phantomTron, in step 6, Did you hear be-be-be-be during upgrade, and did the remote upgrade succe ...

the upgrade was successful - but still nothing.  I simply cannot get the GoApp to let me past the screen that says "How To Connect".  Hence can't enter Camera Mode.  The remote will let me move the camera start/stop the motors, etc.
2015-10-7
Use props
sheepheadfilms
lvl.1

United States

phantomTron Posted at 2015-10-7 14:42
the upgrade was successful - but still nothing.  I simply cannot get the GoApp to let me past the  ...

I had pretty much the same issue but I was using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. I had to enable USB Debugging to enter camera mode. I dunno if you may have to do the same or something similar with Apple products.
2015-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules