Ground Station crashes (iOS 9)
5569 37 2015-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hin
New

Singapore

Hi,

I noticed that Ground Station crashes repeatedly on my iPad (running iOS 9). When I turn on Bluetooth, the app will crash.

Will DJI please fix this problem?

Thanks!
2015-9-18
Use props
jameshoare
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Yes, I have had this , and downloaded new version to be sure, and bounces out when looking for Bluetooth

Can DJI sort please Asap

2015-9-19
Use props
michele.moser
New

Italy

Same for me...
Bluetooth crash with Groundstation and Naza Assistant on ios9

2015-9-19
Use props
carldrio
lvl.1
Mexico

Same here, Dji please solve this  problem soon.
2015-9-19
Use props
JockeLind
New

Sweden

Same here! when BT is on both GS and WM crash!! And can not find the BTU when search on my iPad mini with iOS 9
2015-9-19
Use props
philipdesboroug
lvl.1

United Kingdom

i onlt got the naza m v2 today and have this problem
2015-9-19
Use props
wjhall273
New

United States

Same here,,, updated IPhone and IPad,, now am waiting for application update....Hope we see something soon.
2015-9-20
Use props
JockeLind
New

Sweden

I downgrade my ipad mini from iOS 9 to iOS 8.4 again and now it works.
2015-9-20
Use props
maxtarpini
New

Italy

Same here .. updated to iOS 9 and GS doesn't work anymore !!
2015-9-20
Use props
rjohansen
New

Norway

Downloaded Ios 9 yesterday and discovered the same problem. Hope DJI solve it soon
2015-9-20
Use props
timo.juhani.ham
lvl.2
Flight distance : 728970 ft
Finland

Can dji post in here when they fix this problem?
2015-9-24
Use props
rod.griola
New

United States

Using Mini iPad4 iOS9 DJI Assistant App and Ground Station App both crash after attempting login.  Please announce a date the fix will be released. You may contact me directly if there are any questions.

Thanks

2015-9-24
Use props
andrew
lvl.2

Australia

I can confirm even the upgrade to IOS 9.0.1  does not fix the problem  I am on a Ipad mini 3   Very frustrating as I am being forced to use the GS for PC now until this is fixed
2015-9-27
Use props
falk.lademann
New

Switzerland

Same here. Bummer for my art project after 8 month work. Downgrade to iOS 8 not possible anymore. Big bummer.
Posted a neutral question about the issue and a coming upgrade to the app to DJI's facebook page and the post got deleted immediately....
2015-10-1
Use props
GMS
lvl.1

United States

Has DJI issued any updates/statements regarding the compatibility issues between the Ground Station App and iOS9? (Are they working on it? When should we expect the issue to be resolved?)

My sincere apologies for the frustration gents. I have ongoing aerial photography contracts, which I am struggling to fulfill without the App.

Best regards, GMS

2015-10-1
Use props
kma650
lvl.2

United States

GMS Posted at 2015-10-1 18:29
Has DJI issued any updates/statements regarding the compatibility issues between the Ground Station  ...

So to add to everyone's misery, I too am having the same issues. iPad Mini 2 WiFi/Cellular running DJI Ground Station app. I use a DJI Phantom 2 v.3 with pro-installed DJI Ground Station hardware. Everything was working with iOS 9.0.1, I upgraded to iOS 9.0.2 and the GS app stops running as soon as I launch it. BUT, if I turn off my iPad's Blue Tooth, the GS app on the iPad works just Great! As soon as I turn the iPad's Blue Tooth back on, the GS app shuts down. So somewhere on the 'net I read some dude says he upgraded to the public beta of iOS 9.1 and his GS started working again. Well with my setup I can definitively state that it does NOT work for me. I have iOS 9.1 and Ground Station still crashes when my iPad's Blue Tooth is on, if I turn Blue Tooth off, the GS app works again. Even if I get my Phantom 2 all warmed up, good to go, in my iPad's "settings" the Blue Tooth cannot detect the Ground Station's battery powered blue tooth transmitter/receiver. I realize I have a Public Beta of iOS 9.1 and perhaps the full version will "fix" this problem but I'm going to say that's probably not going to happen. So basically I spent $1,700 on a DJI Phantom 2 v.3 with GS hardware and can no longer use it for my business of aerial mapping. This isn't just an inconvenience, this is a tool for my business, pretty much the major/primary tool of my business and I'm dead in the water. I should not have to drag a PC laptop out in the field to make all this work, I bought into this system and bought the iPad because of the convenience and reliability of an iPad Mini 2. So I don't know what's going to happen here but this problem needs to be fixed by DJI working with Apple to solve it NOW.
2015-10-4
Use props
kma650
lvl.2

United States

So I've also noticed that when I launch the GS app but then it crashes, if I double-click my iPad Mini 2's Home button, all the open apps reduce in size and the "crashed" GS app is there but if you tap it to make it full screen it disappears as if it crashed.
2015-10-5
Use props
MrJoshua
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi All (and DJI, I hope you're reading )

I've just purchased a Ground Station and have found that the app crashes repeatedly on my iPad 4 (iOS 9.02)

I'm not a happy bunny

2015-10-6
Use props
MrJoshua
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Oh, so does the Naza M Assistant on my iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 9.02
2015-10-6
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Dear Customer,

Sorry for that, about the crashed issue, we are trying to fix it, it will take some time, please wait, appreciate for your kindly understanding

Best Regards!
DJI-Cathy
2015-10-10
Use props
bryan
New

United Kingdom

Yep me to

iOS 9.0.2  BT crash
2015-10-11
Use props
Four props
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32917 ft
United States

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-10-10 03:04
Dear Customer,

Sorry for that, about the crashed issue, we are trying to fix it, it will take some  ...

Hi, How is this coming it seems that ALL of my DJI products are affected by IOS 9 upgrade.

Vision App for Vision plus phantom 2 vision plus v 3
Phantom 3 pro GO APP.
WKM
Naza M app

WHEN IS THIS GOING TO GET FIXED I AND MANY OTHERS WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER DJI PRODUCT UNITL IT IS FIXED.
2015-10-11
Use props
scottd9000
lvl.2

United States

Checking in with the same problem on a 9.02 iPad Mini 2 and ground station..... just got the iPad yesterday and pretty annoying this problem has persisted for over a month with no statement or fix (besides we are working on it).  It would also be nice to see an updated PC app that supports touch like iPad.
2015-10-11
Use props
mark.gilligan
New

United Kingdom

I just bought the ground station and have not been able to even see if it works! Seems rather bad to continue selling the product when it clearly does not work at all! When are you going to fix it? If not, can I have a refund? I bought it from hobbyking.
2015-10-13
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Nearly a month since the original post and still no update.

For a lot of us the GS, Naza, WKM, etc, Apps are not just little fun widgets but essential tools that are required to ensure trouble free and ultimately safe operation of our not insignificant investments.
I haven't updated to iOS9 on my iPad Air yet as I use the GS and Flight Controller Apps an awful lot on my numerous DJI equipped craft.
In fact I haven't updated the GS App from version 1.3.56 when they released the update with the embedded no fly zones back in April of last year as this would have rendered the system useless in this area where I fly quite legally.
In the Mission Planner software for the APM/Pixhawk controllers similar No-Fly-Zones are marked but are considerably smaller. Whether these limit the use of the craft they are mounted on or just on the map display for advisory purposes I don't know as I have no intention of flying into or attempting a launch from.

I digress.

When they released the GS update in 2014 I asked DJI if they were going to alter the operation of the embedded No-Fly-Zones so they were in line with those on the P2V/P3 and Inspire flight controllers:
ie. A graduated reduction in altitude the closer you move to the centre of the No-Fly-Zone rather than the five mile radius where the Application is completely disabled.
Their reply was such a change was being investigated. A year and a half later one can only assume that it's either still being investigated or, and most likely, they just didn't bother in the first place.

DJI are certainly not short of time and staff to make these Essential fixes for iOS9, which should be a priority!!!, judging by the number of Youtube videos they have uploaded in the last Month, a staggering 43.

Regards

Nidge
2015-10-17
Use props
info
lvl.3
Flight distance : 427346 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I too am anxiously waiting for an update for iOS9.

I am flying a 15kg copter with A2 and the non functional ground station is a real perilous hazard.

I only wish some day DJI will be something we can call professional. It is still awfully far from that and frankly I suspect DJI will ever reach that.
2015-10-20
Use props
e.gargiulo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5000 ft
Italy

info@tuukkaylon Posted at 2015-10-21 02:17
I too am anxiously waiting for an update for iOS9.

I am flying a 15kg copter with A2 and the non fu ...

::@ I Bought the data link recently and I can not use it because the app crashes for IOS 9. How long does it take to DJI to adjust APP a IOS9? it is a shame ....
2015-10-23
Use props
scottd9000
lvl.2

United States

Keep getting the 9.1 nag screen... I am sticking on 9.02 while we wait for the fix.
2015-10-28
Use props
Tuukkuli
lvl.3
Flight distance : 427346 ft
  • >>>
Finland

DJI-Cathy or someone else at DJI: When will we get the new version that does not crash?!!

It is irresponsible and dangerous not making this a first priority. There are big and heavy copters flying without in-flight data thanks to you not paying attention and reacting in time.

And do not bother thanking us for understanding. At least I don't understand your policy of risking big and expensive helicopters not to mention people at all!
2015-10-30
Use props
prauxloh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 264957 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tuukkuli Posted at 2015-10-30 16:29
DJI-Cathy or someone else at DJI: When will we get the new version that does not crash?!!

It is irr ...

Dear DJI
As a matter of urgency for many of us, please advise when you will have a new version of the Ground Station App available that will work with IOS9.1

We are grounded from all but the smallest metric landscape surveys we need to undertake.

Thanks you

2015-10-30
Use props
scottd9000
lvl.2

United States

They responded today over here:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-31528-2-1.html

BUT it's still 15 days out!
2015-10-30
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

the new GS update is out
2015-11-14
Use props
pkoepnick
lvl.2

United States

ducpeter Posted at 2015-11-14 12:15
the new GS update is out

Got the new ground station for my ipad air 2,  it loaded up fine now even with bluetooth on but my app when I go to connect to machine says "Connection Timeout"  wonder if it is because this ipad was not the original ipad that i connected to it with.  
Any suggestions?
2015-11-15
Use props
scottd9000
lvl.2

United States

Can anyone confirm it works with 9.1 and 9.2?  I am on 9.02
2015-11-15
Use props
pkoepnick
lvl.2

United States

scottd9000@hotm Posted at 2015-11-15 16:59
Can anyone confirm it works with 9.1 and 9.2?  I am on 9.02

I figured out my connection timeout problem.  I had to reset my BTU in Naza-M assistant.  You must plug your Bluetooth module into your machine to have a hard wire connection to be able to reset BTU in naza-M assistant.  After I reset it, then I plugged BTU back into ground end. Then went back into GS on ipad and had New showing when I tried to connect. You then just put in a user name and password you make up following the character requirements and away it goes.  Works good back up and running GS now!
2015-11-16
Use props
adam
lvl.2
United States

so is the iOS9 issue resolved now?  Will GS now work with the iOS9 iPad firmware?

DJI are you still here ??????
2015-12-7
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

adam@kalita.tv Posted at 2015-12-8 02:29
so is the iOS9 issue resolved now?  Will GS now work with the iOS9 iPad firmware?

DJI are you still ...

Yes, please download the latest GS APP
2015-12-8
Use props
adam
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-12-8 19:56
Yes, please download the latest GS APP

Thank you
2015-12-8
Use props