Go Pro Hero 4, Black edition VS. Phantom 3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

Will it ever be possible to upgrade the current Phantom 3 Professional camera?
Or change it?

Just looking at the Go Pro Hero 4 Black Edition, which boasts;
1) 4K Super view for video recording
2) 120 frames per second, at 1080p resolution video
3) 240 frames per second, at 720p video
4) 12 megapixel photographs, at 30 images per second
5) Time lapse + video recording at the same time.

So jelly.
2015-9-19
Use props
noticon75
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14698 ft

United States

Forgot number 6!

6) Fish eye.
2015-9-19
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

7) No control from the ground
2015-9-19
Use props
louie.bellaphot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 389741 ft

United States

8) No raw still file format!
2015-9-19
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

9) Useful only at close range shooting.
2015-9-19
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

noticon75 Posted at 2015-9-19 21:46
Forgot number 6!

6) Fish eye.

I'm not a fan of the fish lens, but that's cool the Go Pro has the option I suppose.

Oh hang on. I'm a bit slow. These are faults with the Go Pro? No Raw, No control from ground? Its only good for CU's?
Are you people the types who get defensive in arguments.., or simple discussions? I find this to be limiting.
I'm the type of person, when attacked, will listen and go through my faults. Not shift the blame.., or change the subject.
My gf is pro at this tactic. Sometimes I completely forget why I started the conversation because it turns into an argument somehow.., like now.

I dunno. Sorry for sounding all high and mighty, but I wasn't sure how else to word it. If I'm wrong.., just let me know. I've had a few drinks.
But let's just not be camera racists here. Its not us versus them.
I just think it would be cool to steal their ideas/technology and use it for the Phantom 3.

I was wondering if the Phantom 3 camera can actually make these changes through a camera firmware update.., or is it an actual hardware limit?
I'm sure if the current camera is replaceable.., then its possible DJI may eventually bring out a newer model that's P3 compatible.
2015-9-20
Use props
noticon75
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14698 ft

United States

Kit Walker Posted at 2015-9-20 03:31
I'm not a fan of the fish lens, but that's cool the Go Pro has the option I suppose.

Oh hang on. I ...

No I actually love the Gopro Idea!  but not on my P3 I was just stating that with the GoPro there will be fish eye.  
2015-9-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I think what people are trying to say is that the camera on the P3 is designed for use on a drone, whereas the Hero 4 is not. The Hero 4 is a great camera, I have two of them and love their images, but I would prefer to use the P3 camera when shooting aerial footage because I can control the images to a greater extent.
2015-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules